It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonalds Responds To Minimum Wage Protests (hoax)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The result of making automation for the most simple of tasks cheaper than human labor cost.

www.zerohedge.com...

ADMIN EDIT

The source story is link-bait from the ZeroHedge site. The photo used is from a 2003 test of kiosk-ordering in five Denver-area McDonalds: evidence.

edit on 25-5-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: moved to the hoax forum

edit on 25-5-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Its not like the continual increase of machines taking over human jobs was not increasingly inevitable anyway.

I wouldnt be surprised if higher ups in Mcdonalds corporation incited the protests so they would have a reactionary excuse to impliment this long desired cost effective strategy.
edit on 25-5-2015 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Five non-skilled entry level humans wanting $15 an hour, replaced with easy to use machines. Who could have foreseen this coming? A lot of us. McDonalds just saved itself a ton of headaches and a lot of money. That's how a business operates and stays in the black.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
The result of making automation for the most simple of tasks cheaper than human labor cost.

www.zerohedge.com...

I wonder if it has special programming to randomly mess up an order or two per hour just to let us feel like a human is still there somewhere?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

www.zerohedge.com...

I wonder if it has special programming to randomly mess up an order or two per hour just to let us feel like a human is still there somewhere?

Big deal, they got rid of a order taker.

That's all these kiosks are.

A guy in the back still flips burgers, and some other person puts it on a bun with the pickles you said you didn't want.

Nothing is different at all but having kiosks to order from.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I wonder if the English is extremely poorly spelled to make up for the either heavily accented or barely understandable dialect in order to make us feel like we are still interacting with a human?
edit on 25-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Finally. Now I won't find I'm missing a large fries or a big Mac without special sauce or even that I ordered five cheeseburgers and only got four. Progress.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If you complain about your poor pay or working conditions, you will be replaced by a robot. Welcome to the future

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They may have gotten rid of cashiers, but they still need cooks, cleaning staff, people for the dive through etc... I worked fast food a long time ago, I don't know if things have changed, but everyone wanted cashier duty, and usually that was passed around among employees along with the dirtier jobs like dish washer, cleaning, and cooking. Often cashiers are doing other duties when not taking money. Also, it is often the cook messing up the order, not the cashier taking the order. The 15 dollar thing is a ludicrous scam to keep a real discussion of a dollar incremental increase to the minimum wage. Pathetic! Minimum wage increases worked through the years by being incremental, not ludicrously doubled out of nowhere. Of course we can't double minimum wage! There wasn't any issues with minimum wage in the 80's and 90's when it was a slow increase. As a cook there are times we had our asses completely handed to us in million dollar stores. Way harder work then some of the office jobs I had with better pay.
edit on 25-5-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Eliminates front line errors anyway. Still that unwanted pickle...eww and here in the south they put mustard on the burgers. I still have to remember to say no mustard and I've lived here since 1991.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
my questions is...why is anyone still eating at McDonalds?....you would be hard pressed to find another burger joint that has lousier hamburgers

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm imagining a read only device. You think these will talk? Like those voice automated answering systems. Can you imagine some drunk dude at 1:00 in the morning arguing with the thing and the machine just keeps saying "Thank you....do you want fries with that?".....

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You already commented so I edited it out.

BTW, that sounds like a pretty funny situation.

Like the movie "dude where's my car".

"And then?" " no and then!" "And then?" ........lol
edit on 25-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
my questions is...why is anyone still eating at McDonalds?....you would be hard pressed to find another burger joint that has lousier hamburgers

Exactly. I wouldn't eat there if you payed me too... If I want a burger it's gonna be 5 guys or a local joint.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Tru-dat. We got a few burgers there a couple of months back in a pinch late night nothing nearby etc. My advice: throw those little black things away and eat the cheese and roll.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Finally. Now I won't find I'm missing a large fries or a big Mac without special sauce or even that I ordered five cheeseburgers and only got four. Progress.

Wrong!!

The same people will still be making and assembling your food.

The same mistakes will continue to happen.

Yes but at least I won't leave thinking it's my fault. Lol.
edit on 5252015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Wrong!!

The same people will still be making and assembling your food.

The same mistakes will continue to happen.

Yup and that's why they don't deserve a $15 minimum pay. If they can't make a simple burger then no increase.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No, this makes sense. If you have 10 workers that make 10 bucks an hour and you get rid of 3 or 4 to raise the wages of the remaining to 15 bucks you break even. Win win for everyone but the guy without a job...lol

They will do this and what Walmart is doing, closing stores...
edit on 25-5-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I'm imagining a read only device. You think these will talk? Like those voice automated answering systems. Can you imagine some drunk dude at 1:00 in the morning arguing with the thing and the machine just keeps saying "Thank you....do you want fries with that?".....

I am too ... spelled in Spanglish or Ebonics or Whiskey Tango.
edit on 25-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

www.zerohedge.com...

Big deal, they got rid of a order taker.

That's all these kiosks are.

A guy in the back still flips burgers, and some other person puts it on a bun with the pickles you said you didn't want.

I am afraid you are wrong.

finance.yahoo.com...

That article is one year old so I imagine they will advance even more and automate almost everything.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join