It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your pet's responsibilities?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Teddy is the peacekeeper. He keeps Peeps and Missy from fighting.

Missy is the scavenger. If it's edible, she'll find it and try to steal and eat. Don't turn your back on anything resembling food for two second or she's on it.

Peeps is ... uh .... yeah.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The cats are responsible for catching and dispatching flying critters of any sort who make their way into the house. Sometimes they even catch one or two!

Otherwise they are responsible for keeping me busy and out of trouble this time of year by spreading fur throughout the house. And----just to keep me on my toes, they also go outdoors and fetch all manner of small furry things, lizards and skinks indoors---still alive and scurrying about---just to keep us entertained.
Speaking of entertainment, they also have a game we call "Howl & Growl" where they chase each other through the house. This game is usually played just minutes after we've fallen asleep and ends up with the howling and growling under the bed in which we are attempting to sleep. They have the most surprised and hurt looks on their little faces when they realize we don't share their joy.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

What a gorgeous kitty! Wow!

I love this thread, very funny!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

OMG, that's not a dog, it's a bear! LOL Wow, nice looking dog!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

hahahaha! Love the scarecrow outfit on your dog!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My cat is the great calico bug hunter.If it flies,she tries. My dog Snickerdoodle eats the bugs the cat catches,eww. Snickers also is a leg warmer in bed,and she rolls my 35 lb dog around to keep him in his place.(she weighs barely 7 lbs.)
My other dog Falkor tries to keep the cat and Snickers in line(good luck). If Snickers is being a brat and won't come,she will start darting and dodging away from me because its all a game to her(the brat),Falkor will grab her gently by the back of the neck so 'mom' can catch her and pick her up now. He also must chase the cat through the house,just so that darn cat knows it place (once again,good luck). The cat feels she MUST put that silly big dog in HIS place now,so the cat will bite him on the head gently,then lick where she bit,just so he knows its not personal.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: CraftBuilder

I think the biggest responsibility of pets is for them to give Love. However to them it is not a chore, it is natural to give Love. When they recieve it back, you can just feel the good vibes they get from that! They send them back to us and all is well with the world!! Syx...

Hell yeah! My siamese Kaya is just one big love bug! He demands it! And you can't just pet him, you have to pick him up and snuggle and talk sweetly or he isn't satisfied. If I'm reading, he plops himself on my chest blocking the book. If I'm the computer, he jumps on the table right in front of me and stares at me. If I'm getting dressed, putting on deodorant and brushing my hair, he jumps on to my bureau and waits for me. I can't even pee without him following me and wanting to be in my lap. LOL He makes me laugh a lot!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you! She is the sweetest actually.... got everybody in the house at her orders! lol

I also love this thread, it's beautiful to see how many of us love our pets dearly ♥

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Wally the Weiner's (dachshund/beagle mix) responsibilities sometimes consist of keeping the family in line.
He will gather an item of clothing from each of us when we are gone, pile it up on his little bed in the laundry room, and lay on it. This tells us it is laundry time.
He has gone through the house sniffing the floors, find something and roll it around in his mouth. If it is not edible, he "spits it out" and this alerts us that it is time once again to clean floors.
On days when there is no school or work, he will go to each of the children's rooms (upstairs and down) and push the door open if he is able with his nose. If he can't open it he will sniff under the door. If he doesn't think (I think) they are in there or if he got the door open and sees them he will mosey to the next room. There are five. He then goes to the back doors to see if they are outside. I think he's kind of making sure of where the kids are of which he thinks he is one.

He also must alert us to intruders. If a car pulls up in the drive, it is his responsibility to sound the alarm. One may think he would have a "high pitched" "ankle biter" sounding bark but, it is not. His bark is deep and raises the front of his little body off of the floor. He certainly tries to make himself sound big!
As you can imagine with a family the size of mine, the kitchen is a very busy place and he has taken keeping the floors clean in the kitchen as his personal responsibility.

He is very concerned that I am never lonely. He follows me everywhere inside and out to make sure that I am always protected. When I am working out, he is by my side watching my progress (if any LOL) and making sure that I am diligent in my routine and don't cheat. He is also in charge of making sure the children walk outside everyday. Now that I think about it, his favorite companion on walks is my middle boy who like outdoors the least. He is the one that Wally prefers to walk him and will nudge and whine incessantly until he gets the leash.
He is thirteen or so...we love him dearly and can't or don't want to imagine the day when he is no longer with us!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sasha's job is to sleep all day, and then all night. And to have her scruff soft for me to put my nose into.

Lillie's job is to give me a creature to feel mentally superior to. And to have her eyes bugged out far enough that she make the most tears in the universe.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Our cat's responsibilities are to make sure the acoustics of the basement are good by way of going down there a few times a day & hollering for no apparent reason. He also makes sure the bed is toasty warm for us by getting under the sheets and staying put. Directly where one of us puts our butt getting in to bed.

On occasion, he'll also follow you in the bathroom & make sure you're going sufficiently by staring creepily. He may also attempt to keep your bare lap warm on the loo.

And most importantly, he makes sure you get up at whatever hour he deems fit, furry little alarm clock. One of the kids had the misfortune of being woken before sunrise by being pounced on. Evidently, he was lonely. Sometimes breakfast gets him off your back, other times he just wants company while he tests the basement acoustics out.

Our cockatiel's responsibilities are to test our sanity daily. He likes to chatter incessantly & loudly to test those limits. He has no off-switch or mute button, unfortunately. He will also forcibly give you a dental exam if he's anywhere near your mouth, too. Just wants to make sure those pearlies are in good shape, I guess. Someone needs to get it through his tiny brain that he doesn't need to try to shove his whole body in there, either, he's just looking for pete's sake. Either that, or he's convinced there's some lost treasure somewhere in there & thinks he's going to find it for us one of these days.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
My little dogs are an alarm system. Anybody gets even on the long driveway, and they start barking. Way before we'll know someone is there.

My large dog is for scaring a would-be intruder. Truth be told, at night, he'd tear someone up, no doubt.

My bird is an indoor alarm system too, but she also calls the puppies for dinner time (she can talk).

I have two outdoor cats tasked with keeping the stables and yard mice free. The inside ones, to make sure we never have mice.

The chickens' job is to simply make eggs each day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join