It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of a Glass Layer in the Atmosphere

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Having looked more at the site used as a source, i have decided that it was not written by an idiot.

It was written by some super-duper meanie who is trawling the internet for suckers who believe anything, so they will post it elsewhere and get laughed at.

It's almost Flat-Earth in it's magnificence.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I particularly like that the OP specifically says "the MOST compelling argument", as in he's read other arguments that the atmosphere is encased in a glass bubble, and wants to know how this particular one stacks up.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Even if the nose cones "reach the temperatures of melting glass, the shuttle is moving so quickly it wouldn't have time to actually melt the glass, it would have to literally vaporize the glass on contact, so this theory is lacking in some very basic mechanical principles

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

"Can someone point out particulars that are not true and why? I do not know enough about this topic to refute what he is saying, and his argument seems compelling."

I don't remember reading the part where he declares proof and uses the article to back it up.
You people attack him like he's making a bold claim.

The Hungry wolves forgot to read again.

The world is not a snowglobe, if it were, every single meteorite would result in a rain of glass which would ruin many a person's day.

I think that is proof enough that the atmosphere has no layer of glass.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

I am still reading but if this glass surrounds our planet, it is spherical/convex right? so when the sun is in a certain place, the whole thing should work like light through a magnifying glass and roast whoever walks in that spot right?
I don't know if that even makes sense but i find the idea funny

Sounds legit. Post this theory online, I'll find it and start a thread here on ATS.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

"Can someone point out particulars that are not true and why? I do not know enough about this topic to refute what he is saying, and his argument seems compelling."

I don't remember reading the part where he declares proof and uses the article to back it up.
You people attack him like he's making a bold claim.

The Hungry wolves forgot to read again.

Thank you

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Every single person in the world can test this for themselves. Take a picture of any light source in the sky; the sun, the moon, stars, etc. Do a spectroscopic analysis of said picture. Do ALL of the pictures show a spectrum of a silicate?

Short answer: they don't. I've done spectroscopy personally. Stop reading stupid things on the internet.

Can you post these? What sort of spectrum would pure glass show? Is there any consistent reading in all spectrographic pictures of the sky?

originally posted by: FamCore

Even if the nose cones "reach the temperatures of melting glass, the shuttle is moving so quickly it wouldn't have time to actually melt the glass, it would have to literally vaporize the glass on contact, so this theory is lacking in some very basic mechanical principles

When ice skating, you aren't actually skating on ice, but rather the frictional heat of the skate with the ice causes the top layer to become water, which is what allows the gliding motion of the skater. Perhaps the impact melts the glass in a similar way. He doesn't theorize how thick the layer is, so I'm not sure how much it is supposed to be going through.
edit on 20-5-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ok I read the article.
Lord Stephen Christ might have 'methed his way into some sort of epiphany.
It kinda makes sense that the heat from the sun could be constantly condensing elements together into instant glass particles as they are bunched up as they reach our atmosphere.
Glass is however,a naturally occuring form caused by immense heat.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That anybody would be so ill-informed about the world that they would fall for any of this is strong evidence that we are completely doomed as a civilization. No wonder politicians stay in power with the things they pull.

I guess OP, my entire career as an aerospace engineer is a complete hoax and me along with hundreds of thousands of other contractors have been successfully silenced about the thousands of fake rocket launches over the last 60 years.

How does one go about transporting and transferring enough energy instantly into glass to melt it fast enough to pass through it at mach speeds unimpeded??

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
While I do not feel qualified to argue against a theory put forth by the "Lord Steven Christ" I'll toss a little knowledge in here.

It seems the author of this article doesn't understand a lot about re entry. Re entry occurs at 400000 feet or roughly 118 Kms. The craft is moving at near orbit speeds which is Mach 20+. Re entry classically uses a "skipping stone" approach on re entry to try and reduce speed as efficiently as possible.

The research in temperatures and re entry have probably created thousands of ph Ds this its a fairly well understood branch of science.

If only lord Stevens info wasn't being suppressed we could only imagine where science would be today!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

I am still reading but if this glass surrounds our planet, it is spherical/convex right? so when the sun is in a certain place, the whole thing should work like light through a magnifying glass and roast whoever walks in that spot right?
I don't know if that even makes sense but i find the idea funny

Sounds legit. Post this theory online, I'll find it and start a thread here on ATS.

Maybe the sun is actually much smaller and closer, but the glass layer magnifies its heat/brightness so it appears to be so much more than it is

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

SO, if this were true and there was a layer of glass....Wouldn't that mean that NOTHING ever has been off of Earth and into space? Wouldn't the glass break on the way out? I guess everything from space is a hoax...So says your link...It is on the internet so it must be true.

I came here to make that point to and you beat me to it. I can't believe we actually agree on something for once.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

Ok I read the article.
Lord Stephen Christ might have 'methed his way into some sort of epiphany.

I laughed out loud at this. The author isn't lord stephen christ, the author mocks him in the beginning of the article. But yeah, lord stephen christ backing this definitely makes this hard-to-believe theory even more unbelievable. The coincidences that the author mentions are interesting though, regarding how entry/re-entry speed of spacecrafts are the melting point of glass.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

SO, if this were true and there was a layer of glass....Wouldn't that mean that NOTHING ever has been off of Earth and into space? Wouldn't the glass break on the way out? I guess everything from space is a hoax...So says your link...It is on the internet so it must be true.

I came here to make that point to and you beat me to it. I can't believe we actually agree on something for once.

You didn't read the article or the ensuing thread. you've got quite the quick-trigger.
edit on 20-5-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

How does an atom 28 times the weight of hydrogen escape that gravity thing?

link   
Never mind. Better things to do.

edit on 20-5-2015 by CraftBuilder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

ahaha isn't it a beauty? come up with ANY idea and you are bound to find thousands or millions ready to believe it.
There is this italian saying that translates to "the mother of the idiots is always pregnant"
truer words have never been spoken!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

HOLY FKC NUGGETS!!!! See, I knew you were my buddy all along, we just don't agree on fracking, gays, creation, and a few other key topics....Works for me!! You are all my brothers and sisters, just because we argue or don't agree doesn't mean I don't love you (in a totally non-gay way...
)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There could be fine silicates in a belt around the planet or just a semi-high energy barrier with less molecules but more energetic molecules. I'd consider it more of a plasma myself.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
You didn't read the article or the ensuing thread. you've got quite the quick-trigger.

Yes I did. It's dumb and makes some pretty dumb analyses. I've also read the thread and I see that you are ignoring all the posts that have pointed out why this is a dumb concept in favor of defending a flawed perspective. Why do you even care if this is true or not? People have pointed out that it is bogus, yet you are still defending it as possibly true. What stake do you have in it being true?
edit on 20-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Yes I did. It's dumb and makes some pretty dumb analyses. I've also read the thread and I see that you are ignoring all the posts that have pointed out why this is a dumb concept in favor of defending a flawed perspective. Why do you even care if this is true or not? People have pointed out that it is bogus, yet you are still defending it as possibly true. What stake do you have in it being true?

I did some quick googling.... This should shed more light on the topic www.missteribabylonestar.com...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
what a bunch of yak-yak

~from the OP link~

..The only reasonable conclusion is that this glass is not natural. It has to be man-made. It is a technology. Now, what is a technology doing 100 to 110 km in the sky around the entire Earth? Who built this technology and why? I’ve no idea about the first question, but I can answer the latter..

there are currently more than 40 volcanos spewing out 5 mile high clouds of ash and 'silica'~~

~ for the less informed, Silica and It's cousin materials is 'glass' for all intents and purposes

why is the Sahara are blessed with sand/silica/glass,,, well over the eons the Atmospheric glass tend to rain back down on the planet and the upper & lower atmosphere winds/air currents create a wide 'band' at the equator ~~ hence all the volcanic glass settled all across N Africa but the oceanic glass is hidden from our view
edit on th31143214757120462015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31143214761420462015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join