It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My virtual tour of the United States. ( using Meme's)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I will attempt to conduct a virtual tour of the United States in alphabetical order. The first segment starts off with Alabama Home of the PI-ano and did you also know there was a real place called Sweet home Alabama?

Go figure?

Moving on.........

Next stop is Alaska birthplace of stories like To Build a Fire, Call Of The Wild and home to the Golden Beachs of Nome. Also well known for its diverse wildlife. But all parts are not known for their modern conveniences.

Moving on......
After a brisk trip to Alaska the next stop is Arizona. There is really not a whole hell of a lot going on in Arizona it's hot in full of old people. But they try to manage their time well in between doctors appointments.

Moving on........

The last of the states that begin with the letter A ( not the Canadian version eh) is Arkansas birthplace of Slick Willy. The state motto is Regnat Populus . It may be true that the people rule but up in till now they did a hell of a lot of walking. Nonetheless the people in that state are proud of their accomplishments.

Moving on .........

We approach the letter C in our tour of the United States.

Colorado birthplace of aurora tragedy and columbine school shooting. They have made Excellent progress to reform the citizens. Thanks to new laws everyone in Colorado is now kicked back and chilling.

Moving on..............

Connecticut, what can you say about Connecticut that hasn't already been said? There is one thing all residents of Connecticut have in common. When they hear an alert for a Northeastern this runs through all their minds.....

I might pick up this tour in Delaware, it depends on the reception of this thread. Anyone that wants to is invited to help.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I love what you've got so far - my state is towards the end of the alphabet unfortunately (Vermont) but I'd be willing to bet that a Vermont meme would include something with a cow, Ben and Jerry's or Maple Syrup

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Never will my state escape the polygamy and cult accusations.

But we have excellent camping.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

One of my favorite Meme''s is from Utah!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Great stuff so far. You can't leave us hanging like that though.
The last one made me laugh. My first job was at a grocery store and it got packed whenever there was going to be a storm. The bread and milk disappeared in hours lol.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I can't wait for you to get to Ferguson or aimt nowbodi god tyme fo dat?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Bare with me I'm Trying. I had five more states ready and lost them all on my phone!!!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Moving on..........

Delaware, I find Delaware to be a small unpleasant congested state so I just stopped for coffee.

Moving on..........

Florida, I live in Florida occasionally. Trust me everyone that lives there hates everyone that visits, mosquitoes the size of crows and if you don't believe anything else I say. For the sake of everyone's eyes please wear sunscreen anyway.

Moving on.........

Georgia, yes the state where a peanut farmer can become president. I feel sorry for them lately they've had their fair share of winter storms for being in the south.

( don't forget the bread and milk)

I guess those fell a little flat. Give me a little while I think I'm going to go back to Colorado for a little bit.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I swear this is so true...one day we had a foot of snow and freezing and the next day turned out to be 85F!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Funny stuff.

I'm an Ohio native. I still love Ohio, but this is funny:

Just left Michigan after living there for 4 years. This pretty much sums it up:

Moved to Oregon in December. Like it so far. Green is good:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Moving on.......

Hawaii, yes folks the Sandwich islands. Beautiful beaches, volcanoes play wack a mole with your homes and the majority of your food is brought in by boat.

Bon appétite

Moving on...........

Idaho, one of my favorite words comes from that state " potato".

One thing is for sure Idaho goes to great links to attract Irish immigrants.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Moving on..........

Illinois, sorry SC I am going to skip racial dialogue. And bring up architecture. Did you know the world's first Skyscraper was built in Chicago, 1885? Anyway that was the height of Illinois architectural promise.

Moving on.........

Indiana the god awful armpit of the Bible belt. They have a city called south bend on the north end of the state.

If you've ever been behind a car in any state and it's traveling slow the chances are it's from Indiana and they've never traveled anywhere where corn isn't growing they feel so uncomfortable they feel the need to look for it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So far, Delaware and Colorado are my faves.

Keep going!!!
S/F! (I dread what my state "meme" will produce, but hey, it's not my fault!)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Wat up dollface? Thanks for stopping by, i've got an appointment so there will be a small break. I might just have something special for Kansas you never know?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I might just have something special for Kansas you never know?

If you'd like, I could quick go take a picture of our local "Neighborhood Watch" sign that has POT GROWING at its base!!!

heh

Edit: By the way, the house it's in front of is for sale, people!! Would love to have an ATSer next door!!!

edit on 5/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
One last quick post. I'm a little disappointed in ATS no one noticed I left out California. There was a method to my madness. With the way the laws are in California I really don't consider it as part of the US it's like it's own weird little country.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm a little disappointed in ATS no one noticed I left out California.

Meh. You can always come back to that one after Wyoming.....

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You must be from northern Kansas; only area I've seen wild cannabis growin' in the sunflower state. I think all the central folks made it endangered.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

Yep, I'm in Northeast Kansas -
Forested, hilly, lots of bluffs, etc.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The greenest part of Kansas I've been to thusfar... I think I'd much rather live up there, although I wouldn't enjoy the storms. I guess we at least have 50 shades of brown down here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join