It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My virtual tour of the United States. ( using Meme's)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Getouttaear!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
For the Hawaiians:

BTW I LOVE scrambled eggs and spam

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Moving on............

Mississippi

The state has been ranked the most unpleasant state to live in. While it is economically depressed, I was glad to see one of my pet peeves satisfied. I have always said people should participate more in their local elections. This was not what I had in mind though.

Moving on............

Missouri

The show me state is rich in history. From its stance on slavery to bloody Bill Anderson. I had picked up a hitchhiker by then. Nice guy pleasant and likable I let him out near St. Louis, I snapped the following picture as I pulled away.

edit on 21-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Moving on.......

Montana

Montana is one of our least populated states. It is also a state where the modern and old ways clash. It became even more apparent of this fact when I visited Montana technical.

Moving on............

Nebraska

I'm sure corn and wheat comes to mind. But Nebraska actually has a rich diverse culture and history. Did you know they celebrated Mardi Gras in Nebraska?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

That one is brilliant! My brother lives in Billings. I'll ask him if he's ever seen anything like that. Seems more "Alaskan" in a way, but yeah - Montana is kinda like that.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

LOL!!!!! VOTE NO ON LiBArry. PRICELESS.

There were a couple of signs in my community over the last couple of years - hand painted.
One said:

"For Rent:
Two BR house, One child."

I wanted to call and ask if the child did all the chores, and how much experience they had.
LOL!!!

The other one read:
"BEDBUGS $300"

I KID YOU NOT. That one we were going to call and ask if it was a breeding pair, or an established colony.

edit on 5/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: As I think back, it was a 2-BR house that came with the child. LOL!!!
edit on 5/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thanks BW !!!

I'm trying to wait on a few replies in between my post I don't want to put up a wall of text.

By the way did you see my hat tip to you in Kansas?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Lol

The other one read:
"BEDBUGS $300"

I KID YOU NOT. That one we were going to call and ask if it was a breeding pair, or an established colony.

I wonder if they would've came with pedigree papers?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I did! It looked hauntingly similar to the one that large that levelled a huge swath of our community in 2003. Nearly hit our house....and since our house was made of straw, we knew we wouldn't survive inside it.
Outside, the horses were freaking out in the paddock behind the house, and then the alpha mare "herded" us down to the gulch at the bottom of the property....
I hid under a fallen tree.

Hearing that monster bearing down on us was something I will never forget.
It passed about half a mile north of us, and decimated an entire farmstead.
There are STILL scars in the woods for the 5-mile path it took.
Dozens of houses - GONE.

It was really exciting. My dad used to terrify us whenever it was tornadic weather, and especially when the sirens would go off - sky was green, my bros and I would grab the pets and head for the basement, while Daddy stood out on the front porch watching for it, hoping for it.

Sadly, he died before ever seeing one, but I was able to share my experience with him, so he got a vicarious "close-up."
I'll never forget that day, ever.
The storms can be exhilaratingly scary, but they're SO COOL! The other day on the radio I was listening to Prairie Home Companion (on Mothers Day) en route to a date with my adult son, and Keillor was talking about how Minnesotans love storms, because it's a vicarious way of living out their impulses to misbehave....
weather misbehaving in a big way, reminds us of how much we'd like to cut loose sometimes, but refrain.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
And one more gem from my community:
RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from Joe's Gun and Pawn, a newly opened mortuary had on their marquee:

"OPEN HOUSE Nov 17"

LOL!!!! Nov 17 is my birthday, so it was doubly ironic....I took a snapshot of that one on a crap phone that I don't have anymore.
Hilarious. It was at an intersection. Across the other street from Joe's Gun and Pawn is a church opened in a defunct grocery store.

edit on 5/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I lived in Massachusetts long enough to pick up the accent. When I moved back to Indiana, I actually had to take speech therapy because I wasn't saying my "R"s.

I visited my daughter in Minnesota over Easter weekend.....and her roommate was talking on the phone to her mother - and the lady was saying, "Oh, Yaahh? and for EASter!"

it was so funny. The roomie said her mom often says "Yaah, sure, you betcha!!"

I couldn't stop talking like that for six weeks. I'm still working on the accent. It's priceless.
Ironically, neither my daughter nor her roommate had ever seen Fargo. Sadly, it wasn't on Netflix at the time, or we'd have all watched it together.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Still waiting for Rhode Island. LOL
edit on 22-5-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
a reply to: lovebeck

The real estate prices aren't much better around the Portland metro. Also, all new developments are built right on top of each other. The worst part is the road system sucks. It can't handle all of the expansion. Yes, I recognize that new people moving into the area, like me, is part of the problem.

Other than that, Oregon has been great so far. I like the weather, plenty to see and do and people here seem to be very friendly and helpful.

First part of the problem is Portland itself. It's a beautiful city but it's also the pit of the NW in my opinion. I've spent most of my life in Portland and haven't met one person that actually likes it there. We love our small, often tiny, Oregonian towns. People see Portland and think we're all ultra liberal "hipsters" but that's mainly just Portland. It's out in the country and forest where Oregon really shines, it is truly a beautiful sight if you're capable of enjoying nature.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Moving on...........

Nevada

Besides the heat I have found absolutely nothing wrong with Nevada. Nevada is a real man's state , yep they have everything covered. Booze, gambling and yes of course women.........

Moving on ..........

New Hampshire

The granite state it consist of 10 counties. I've heard rumors there is a Laline vortex there and occasionally gravity is not an issue in that state. As evident by the following picture........

Moving on.........

New Jersey

I will be brief, not even no whales are safe in New Jersey!

But to be fair nobody in Jersey nobody really cares.

edit on 22-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Still waiting for Rhode Island. LOL

After Pennsylvania before South Carolina. Don't worry I will find something special for you.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yeah, in the Prey series John Sandford mentions the "Fargo" accent. Most of his novels take place in Minnesota.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

For the first one.
This is how New Jersey actually began.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Lol

You should do a virtual YouTube tour of the US.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That would be funny. Or maybe weird things about each state.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Moving on..........

New Mexico

I guess it would come as a surprise to no one to learn that the largest enchilada ever made was made in New Mexico. I've read statistics that also per capita there are more PhD's in the state than any other state. Apparently they have an oversupply of doctors in and undersupply of veterinarians that how else could you explain this?

Moving on...........

New York

Home to both Joey Buttafuoco and the Long Island Lolita. Largest city the Big Apple the city that never sleeps in. I've been to New York on many occasions and let me tell you. Once you've been there nothing surprises you!!!!!

Not even this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join