It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep receiving points from moderators but dont remember what to do with them!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I keep getting this message over and over again from various moderators:

A member of the forum staff, _______, has applauded your activity on this thread titled, _________________. Thank you for contributing to the quality of our forums. You received a 500 point bonus, keep up the good work. Do not reply to this U2U.

Now, I remember some kind of points system years and years ago on ATS, where you could purchase certain things with these points (or maybe I've just gone mad and that never existed) but I don't remember where to go to do all that.

Any information? I'm lost.

And thanks for the applause's, Moderators!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Being new here I would like to know as well . And i echo the thanks to the moderators here . I do feel honored.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Request a copy of the ATS points catalog and spend your points on items in that.
I chose a Bugatti Veyron from last year's catalog. Now I'm saving up for a private island.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Hmmm, maybe I can get that sandwich I always wanted 5 minutes ago. I'm too hungry for this!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Points don't mean anything anymore. That's a hold over from the days of old when you could 'purchase' special privileges with the points (like extra tag lines, etc). What counts is the applause. If you look on your profile page you'll see how many applause you have earned. You can look at anyones profile and see the applause.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You could buy time-traveling time with your points and go back 6 minutes to the moment you didn't want a sandwich. You could then spend your points on a sandwich just in time for when you actually want the sandwich.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

aw, I felt like I may have accumulated a lot over the years. Oh well, Thanks for the help! And the applauses

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

You could buy time-traveling time with your points and go back 6 minutes to the moment you didn't want a sandwich. You could then spend your points on a sandwich just in time for when you actually want the sandwich.

You seem less like a supermoderator and more like a member who's purchased his way to supermoderator status with his points

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

What we have now, with the disappearance of 'points', is the equivalence of a 'Golf Clap'.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Golf clapping that comment. ( not really, literally burst out with laughter!)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The best way to invest your points back into this site. Is buy only four ply paper from the gift shop.

edit on 20-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's a race. On the day Armageddon arrives, SO will tally up the points and appoint a new World Order leader for the next cycle. And this time, no obvious elitist banking shenanigans, mr Rothschild.

Always one in the group... tisk tisk

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I treasure all the points I have been given. They stand as a shining example of what you can achieve if you really work hard, keep focused, and always exhibit good manners.......

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I live for the applause applause applause...i live for the app lause lause....live for the app lause lause. the way that you scream and cheer for me the applause applause applause.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

I figured each point adds an equitable minute to you preplanned lifespan. Yup, I am sticking to that one.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

What we have now, with the disappearance of 'points', is the equivalence of a 'Golf Clap'.

For anyone who doesn't know what that is:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I remember burning through my points to add in 10k of upload space at a time. I think that's all I really ever used them for. Long, long time ago.

Speaking of upload space, what are the current limits?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
ATS points can be redemed for extra perks and privelidges once you are sent to a FEM detention camp

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My mini-profile background cost me 200 points.
Worth every penny.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join