It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Year Lurker from Washington State taking the ATS Plunge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hello all! I was drawn to ATS a little over 5 years ago, and have spent many a late night perusing threads that intrigued me, ultimately leading to my own version of missing time(thanks Art/George!), lost in various discussions. The thing that kept me coming back was the content and information contained on many threads, and factually based positions for both pro/con viewpoints. Emotion creeps in at times, especially in volatile subject matters, but as Sherman(sans Peabody) would prod me to think thru the issue at hand(Sherman is a topic best left for another day). Over the years I've come to know many posters by their ideology/beliefs on a wide selection of subjects(Beezer, Johnwick, Heffcide to name a few), and have come to respect the opinions of some as they analyze and debate issues with a healthy mix of facts and common sense. I hope that I may contribute and add value to threads here in the future as they have in the past.

I am a life-long resident of the beautiful State of Washington, traveled but always returned to my roots. I am self-employed, an avid fisherman(lakes, stream and salt), an AGI Certified Gunsmith, ex EMT-2, and spend summer months scanning the skies with NVG(thanks C2C!). I have seen things I cannot explain in the night skies, and shared some sightings with my 21yo son, which changed his outlook on our place in this universe. Deny Ignorance, indeed.

Politically, in my 20's I was a Democrat, after starting my business and enjoying success, I became Republican. When I finally grew up, now 54, I consider myself an Independent--my ballots comprise D, R, I and G candidates, after I vet them based on Bios, voting history, and platform. I truly vote for the candidate I feel will best represent his/her constituents, and by action, not word, implements promises made. I feel this Nation is at a precipice, and as many empires before it, is on the downward slide. IMHO, it started with JFK's murder and once TPTB pulled that off, they figured they were untouchable, and the process of dumbing-down and turning many into compliant sheeple was the norm. That is one of the main reasons I lurked here--sheeple are the exception, rather than the rule, as found on countless forums in cyberland.

Lastly, I have educated myself on a plethora of subjects here at ATS. The information and content available on any given subject can be found here, and I can honestly say my outlook on many topics has been altered after reading and researching said subjects. Another late night with ATS on my screen, but now I get to add my .02 if it tickles my fancy. Cheers all!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

We don't take kindly to your kind here 'bouts.

I been in Warshington. The weather sucks.

Kidding. About the first part.

edit on 5/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Welcome Bosco. Don't bother easing into traffic here.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The weather varies(I'm on the west side), but am used to it. It is strange for me to actually post here, as I'm used to wondering with purpose thru the threads. I remember some of your posts from a recent Obama thread, spirited but factual in base. Please tell me there's no hazing process here!a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
No hazing. I promise.

Well, actually, it doesn't stop. Ever. That's what makes a lot of it bearable.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome. I am familiar with your posts as well. I imagine we'll dance around a few subjects in the future, and it's nice to finally have a voice! a reply to: Snarl

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Welcome to the party! Hazing? No... But it's pretty early in the Eastern Time Zone. Hope you brought doughnuts and coffee.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid No coffee or donuts--am chowing on cereal before I head off to bed. It's weird, but for some reason if I eat before I sleep I have really vivid dreams. I stop this ritual when my mother-in-law makes an appearance during REM. Arg!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Try eating the head parts of a salmon. That bit of flesh above the eyes.
Wild dreams. Not bad dreams. Wild dreams.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Welcome!

Remember to pretend it only rains here, we're full!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscowashisnamoWelcome

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
Thanks for the welcome. I am familiar with your posts as well. I imagine we'll dance around a few subjects in the future, and it's nice to finally have a voice! a reply to: Snarl

I know what mute felt like as well.

Remember ... at the end of the day we're all family, brother. **Starts polishing dancing shoes**

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

We're beaming you aboard! Strap yourself in, you're in for a wild ride. Sights unseen and things that will blow your mind.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I live in Washington state too...I love it here in Seattle. Your introduction is one of the best I've read on ATS...see you around the forums!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

My home too, now retired, thanks to a union pension. I did not fare well under trickle down economics, being a laborer. I am a democrat under CMR's rule. As you can tell by our bridges and roads. Welcome, much info here.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Spectacles, testicles, brandy and cigars,
you are a pope now!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have lurked as well (not for as long as you) and now I have joined. It feels good being able to respond. I do also wonder how that will work in the negative as there have been points where I have nearly spat teeth at the opinions of some. That's freedom of speech/thought for you lol.

Welcome.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Is the cereal high in Vitamin B6? Increased consumption before bedtime has been shown in studies to increase vivid dreams.

The effect of pyridoxine (Vitamin B-6) on dreaming was investigated in a placebo, double-blind study to examine various claims that Vitamin B-6 increases dream vividness or the ability to recall dreams... Morning self-reports indicated a significant difference in dream-salience scores (this is a composite score containing measures on vividness, bizarreness, emotionality, and color) between the 250-mg condition and placebo over the first three days of each treatment.

Effects of pyridoxine on dreaming: a preliminary study.
edit on 5/19/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Welcome, sir.

You'll find there are all manner of topics. Including the ones that seem to interest you the most.

I'm looking forward to, at least, reading any stories of the strange things you've seen in the night skies via NVG...

Just a few simple rules will usually suffice to keep you on the sunny side of the "evil" mods... 1) Be polite. 2) Be passionate. 3) ...and when in doubt? Shoot staff a PM, and ask questions...we are more than willing to help.

Again, welcome, welcome, and welcome again.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks. I read your posts in the recent Obama/Private School controversy, and came away feeling you must have the patience of a saint. I admire anyone who sticks by their beliefs, especially when labeled in a political venue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join