It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: prepared4truth

originally posted by: Cuervo

the DSM classification reflected untested assumptions based on once-prevalent social norms and clinical impressions from unrepresentative samples comprising patients seeking therapy and individuals whose conduct brought them into the criminal justice system.

Science. There was already some science to back this prevalent "social norm" of heterosexuality, one which almost every creature known to man has thrived practicing.

BTW I still have not been shown the studies that led to its removal.

It was 42 years ago. I don't care

Its not relevant. Try focusing in the present.

edit on 23-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

the DSM classification reflected untested assumptions based on once-prevalent social norms and clinical impressions from unrepresentative samples comprising patients seeking therapy and individuals whose conduct brought them into the criminal justice system.

Science. There was already some science to back this prevalent "social norm" of heterosexuality, one which almost every creature known to man has thrived practicing.

It was 42 years ago.

I don't care. Try living in the present.

Okay so you CANNOT produce any evidence for you claim...

Yet I am the one who is caught up in my "beliefs".

I am the one who is focused on "non-science".

And TPTB continue to use these movements, which are much like religions, to control the population.

Uhh...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

It was 42 years ago.

And TPTB continue to use these movements, which are much like religions, to control the population.

Uhh...

Its not relevant.

Bait me all you want.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

That's because there was never enough evidence to put it in there in the first place. Which is why it couldn't stay.

So you are right; there were no studies that led to it's removal. Because there didn't need to be a study to disprove something that was never proven.

And nowdays, we know better than to even entertain the idea.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It was 42 years ago.

Uhh...

Oh so the LGTB communities quest for equal rights is really just a plot, a conspiracy of the TPTB?

So is that like the Illuminati or the Lizard People, oh or maybe you're into the aliens who are really demons?

Pitiful
K~
edit on 23-5-2015 by aethertek because: spellchk

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

This is not a generalization, but a scientifically backed observation.

Provide source.

You throw it out there -- you prove it.

Who has been baiting who now? My claim that homosexuality is a mental disorder is obviously beyond your comprehension.

And Cuervo... you can't possibly say that now we "know better" with a serious face.

We don't know any better. And to make things worse, we have no science to even challenge that old "social norm". Yet, we think we know better, but why is that? With no science to back it, it sounds more like a lustful people falling prey to human desire. And we all know that everything we desire, isn't good for us... right?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Simple google search. Can you do this?

en.wikipedia.org...
psychology.ucdavis.edu...

and many many other sources.

The burden is on YOU.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

It was 42 years ago.

Uhh...

Oh so the LGTB communities quest for equal rights is really just a plot, a conspiracy of the TPTB?

So is that like the Illuminati or the Lizard People, oh or maybe your into the aliens who are really demons?

Pitiful
K~

What is pitiful is your rack of assumptions. Even more pitiful is your attempt to bait me. I am saying that TPTB are using the LGBT community's quest for equal rights against the movement for true freedom, self-awareness and self-control.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Simple google search. Can you do this?

en.wikipedia.org...
psychology.ucdavis.edu...

and many many other sources.

The burden is on YOU.

What? I think this is why ATS saddens me now. So many people throwing around exactly what you said "simple Google searches", very few are interested in truly progressive thought anymore. Everybody just wants to make change just for the social value of being considered "revolutionary". Very few people are even being revolutionary anymore.

edit on 23-5-2015 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

This is not a generalization, but a scientifically backed observation.

Provide source.

You throw it out there -- you prove it.

Who has been baiting who now? My claim that homosexuality is a mental disorder is obviously beyond your comprehension.

And Cuervo... you can't possibly say that now we "know better" with a serious face.

We don't know any better. And to make things worse, we have no science to even challenge that old "social norm". Yet, we think we know better, but why is that? With no science to back it, it sounds more like a lustful people falling prey to human desire. And we all know that everything we desire, isn't good for us... right?

REPEAT: It was 42 years ago. It is not relevant. I don't care.

TODAY: we have studies and brain scans, etc.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

You were specifically asking for studies that led to it being removed as a DSM classification when it never belonged there. They didn't need to conduct any studies to correct their mistake and decided twice that it didn't belong.

As far as "knowing better" now days, I say that because now there are countless studies that confirm it's not a "mental illness".

Is that really what you are claiming? That you still believe that homosexuality is a mental illness?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I am saying that TPTB are using the LGBT community's quest for equal rights against the movement for true freedom, self-awareness and self-control.

Great. Why don't you start a thread on that.

It has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

It was 42 years ago.

Uhh...

So is that like the Illuminati or the Lizard People, oh or maybe your into the aliens who are really demons?

Pitiful
K~

What is pitiful is your rack of assumptions. Even more pitiful is your attempt to bait me. I am saying that TPTB are using the LGBT community's quest for equal rights against the movement for true freedom, self-awareness and self-control.

Wow quite the convoluted conspiracy.
So the TPTB are pushing for the LGBT community to have the freedom not to be marginalized & condemned by society but really it's a plot to take away their freedoms or "true freedom"whatever that means?
Whaaat?

LMAO
K~

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

What? I think this is why ATS saddens me now. So many people throwing around Google searches, very few are interested in truly progressive thought anymore.

Eh? I am confused. You are the one who said this:

Show me the scientific studies which led to the removal of homosexuality from the DSM.

and

A simple google search will show you the studies that led to its removal. And I have provided you with 2 out of many results of a simple google search.

And BTW did you even read the source where a few (one of them being Dr. Freud) disagreed with homosexuality being a mental illness?
edit on 5/23/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
There are more humans on this plant than rats and mice combined... The Homosexual model would most likely not survive if we were small numbers due to the whole need to reproduce thing, but hey at 7 billion there is room for all... hehe

At 1000 posts it really doesn't matter in the end....

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There are more humans on this plant than rats and mice combined... The Homosexual model would most likely not survive if we were small numbers due to the whole need to reproduce thing, but hey at 7 billion there is room for all... hehe

Yes so why do people care? Actually homosexuals would alleviate the overpopulation problem.

What some people don't realize is that some homosexual people do procreate and make babies.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Right, so one of you baits me with an irrelevant post, and then the other one attacks me for saying something that has "nothing to do with the thread" in response.

Real clever.

But back to the issue at hand:

You were specifically asking for studies that led to it being removed as a DSM classification when it never belonged there. They didn't need to conduct any studies to correct their mistake and decided twice that it didn't belong.

As far as "knowing better" now days, I say that because now there are countless studies that confirm it's not a "mental illness".

Is that really what you are claiming? That you still believe that homosexuality is a mental illness?

Where are these "countless studies"? I've already read that Google search another member threw at me just a few posts ago and neither link had anything of substance or scientific relevance.

Actually, according to one of these studies In a review of published studies comparing homosexual and heterosexual samples on psychological tests, Gonsiorek (1982) found that, although some differences have been observed in test results between homosexuals and heterosexuals, both groups consistently score within the normal range.

So yeah... they showed within the normal range of some measurements, but also showed differences in others. I probably should start a thread up... but I don't wanna be perceived as "homophobic", another made up word used to defend people's feelings.

LOL
edit on 23-5-2015 by prepared4truth because: because I am being taken out of context, repeatedly

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Right, so one of you baits me with an irrelevant post, and then the other one attacks me for saying something that has "nothing to do with the thread".
L

Rolls Eyes

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

What? I think this is why ATS saddens me now. So many people throwing around Google searches, very few are interested in truly progressive thought anymore.

Eh? I am confused. You are the one who said this:

Show me the scientific studies which led to the removal of homosexuality from the DSM.

and

A simple google search will show you the studies that led to its removal. And I have provided you with 2 out of many results of a simple google search.

And BTW did you even read the source where a few (one of them being Dr. Freud) disagreed with homosexuality being a mental illness?

I said those things in response to somebody calling me out for not linking source material (which I had done a couple posts earlier, actually).

That person didn't "understand" my posts, but was commenting on them...

As to the link, I disagree with Sigmund Freud's opinion, as do many others. So what?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Right, so one of you baits me with an irrelevant post, and then the other one attacks me for saying something that has "nothing to do with the thread".

Real clever.

But back to the issue at hand:

Where are these "countless studies"? I've already read that Google search another member threw at me just a few posts ago and neither link had anything of substance or scientific relevance.

Actually, according to one of these studies In a review of published studies comparing homosexual and heterosexual samples on psychological tests, Gonsiorek (1982) found that, although some differences have been observed in test results between homosexuals and heterosexuals, both groups consistently score within the normal range.

So yeah... they showed within the normal range of some measurements, but also showed differences in others. I probably should start a thread up... but I don't wanna be perceived as "homophobic", another made up word used to defend people's feelings.

LOL

Maybe it's because we don't understand what you are asking for. Are you asking for studies proving it's not a "mental illness"? How do you make that kind of study? That's like conducting a study proving that dogs are not cats. Homosexuality simply doesn't fit the definition of a mental illness.

If you are asking for something else, I apologize. If you are asking for studies about whether or not it's a choice, there are. I don't care enough about that discussion because it doesn't matter to me if it's a choice or not. All I know is that I can't make myself attracted to men no matter how hard I try so that's pretty solid evidence for me. But, like I said, I don't care if it's a choice or not.

So what kind of studies are you specifically asking for?

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join