It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Annee

My mom loved quotes. Here's my favorite: "You can not expect from people what they have not yet learned".

The "learned" is the tricky part. Some people, it seems, won't.

But hey! Go Ireland!

Yes do go Ireland.. they will not be subjected to "learning" "compulsory heterosexuality.." I would say many heterosexuals dislike homosexuality because they feel so left out..

They cannot be a part of the gay sexual paradigm and they become so saddened by it that they revolt.. It almost feels like "hetero envy syndrome.." You can just tell..
edit on 1-6-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: honested3

I am also a Christian

that's what bruce jenner said..

fwiw, there IS a transgenderhumanism agenda..
..even being "gay" is politically motivated these days
more shillebrity transhumanism nonsense

your problem is with God, it seems..

I am a transgender woman (meaning I was assigned a male body at birth but identify as female)

we have been around since the dawn of humanity and will continue to be around. We are your Mothers, Fathers, Sons, Daughters and so on.

proverbs 1:8 Hear, my son, your father's instruction And do not forsake your mother's teaching;
proverbs 4:1 Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.
proverbs 6:20 My son, keep your father's command and do not forsake your mother's teaching.

as a "christian", surely you understand why the bible is making such a big deal of the family structure & men and women getting married and raising children??

3. Six foot two guy with 5 o'clock shadow wearing a mini skirt is just creepy...just saying...

that's right, and even a child knows it.. but it won't be an issue in the future when we're all being born outta test tubes

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
"It's the devil Mama said..."

-Bobby Boucher-

reply to: UNIT76

edit on CDTMon, 01 Jun 2015 09:23:23 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago01-05:00Mon, 01 Jun 2015 09:23:23 -050023 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I dont really understand what your post is implying, but if you are saying that the Bible only promotes straight cis people to be married as though its proof because the "good christian people" did it then try reading about David being gay.

Also the only reason "children know it" is not due to some intrinsic filter that children are pure in mind etc, its because bigoted parents are doing a bad job teaching their kids not everyone in the world is like them.
edit on 6/2/15 by honested3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I have nothing better to do at the moment...so here we go. I completely agree that gay, etc. is rooted in the wiring of the brain. I believe that a gay person in many case is born that way. I also believe violent people are born wired in a different way, pedophiles are wired a different way, addicts are wired that way, etc. Fact is...most of us are born and wired in a certain way that you could categorize into different groups. Simple biology.

Where it gets "weird" with gay is what the group wants or expects. First, you are either male or female physically. Yes...there are those with physical differences but for the most part...you are either born with a penis (male) or a vagina (female). Being gay is the state of your mind which can be hard-coded to male, female or whatever.

But...these different wirings of people don't need to be listed as a different type of person, nor do different wirings of people need different rights. I happen to have been born with an addictive personality which has manifest itself in different ways throughout my life. At one time...it was alcohol. Then I realized that was a bad thing...gave in to my addictive personality and chose a different, positive addiction. In my case...work. I'm now a successful business owner who tries not to be a workaholic.

What I don't do is go out to a bar, drink myself silly and then demand everyone accept that this is the way I am and that they must accept me for my differences. Me going out and getting crap-faced isn't something that anyone should be exposed to nor anything I would demand people accept and deal with. Same with someone who is violent, same with someone who is submissive, same with someone who is just plain dumb.

Gay people (not all...but a lot) seem to think the opposite. That others must accept them, must treat them like they aren't different, etc. I don't collect other addictive people, form a parade and walk down the street praising what we are. Some gay people do. We are very much the same in what we are...but different in how we "celebrate" it.

There are addicts that have it under control and there are those that don't...that are drug or alcohol addicts. Same with gay people. Some understand that it is the way they are and live their lives to the fullest, without being an annoyance to others. But just like the drug and alcohol addicts, there are gay people that stick it in your face, demand to be accepted, etc. Fact is...if we all do our own thing and keep our preferences, addictions, etc. to ourselves...no one else will care and you can go about life without any problems. But if any of us choose to be part of the annoying crowd, drink and drive, shoot heroin, go on a violence bender or demand acceptance from other people who don't HAVE to accept you...you are an annoyance.

In other words...if any of us who are wired differently, regardless of how, don't make a spectacle of ourselves, we WILL be accepted and left alone to live our lives in peace. It is only when you demand acceptance or flaunt your differences that anyone else cares. And if you wish to be left alone, you shouldn't want anyone to care. You should want others to simply see you as another human being. And everything else is none of their business...unless you make it their business by getting into their business.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What you and your type don't seem to understand is that it takes this "in your face" kind of activism to cause change within society and reform in policy so that members of the LBGT community can get the SAME rights as anyone and everyone else. Without people doing that kind of thing we would still be stuck in the 50's where it was a crime to be gay and violent reprimand towards that community was deemed acceptable by society. Just like violence against blacks was acceptable and even encouraged just a few decades earlier.

All the Trans community is looking for is general acceptance not moral approval, we just want to live our lives like anyone else without fear of violence, verbal abuse, discrimination in the workplace or finding a place to live. You don't have to accept us from a personal idealogical sense but you do kind of have to accept us from a societal standpoint. You don't have to like us but we are here and you do have to show us just like anyone the basic level of dignity and respect. Well you don't really have to do anything but if you don't want to fall on the wrong side of history I suggest you get with times.

.a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

How would you like it if no one did business with you because you have an addictive personality? How would you like it if no one allowed you to purchase a home or rent an apartment because you have an addictive personality? What if your government told you that as a penalty for having an addictive personality, you weren't allowed to marry the person that you chose? These are all things that the LGBT community has had to deal with for years and years, along with many other horrible treatments. And it has nothing to do with breaking laws, or taking illegal drugs, or driving while intoxicated. Most LGBT are just people who work hard at their jobs, obey all laws, and keep to themselves. And yet, they have trouble getting hired, renting homes or apartments, and are told that because the person they want to marry is the same sex, they aren't allowed to have the same benefits afforded by the state that everyone else gets. Oh and they're told that they are sick and demented to boot. I don't know about you, but if I had to deal with that much prejudice even though I hadn't done anything to anyone, I'd be pretty ticked off.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You guys can continue the same old argument if you want, but for the most part...for the majority of us...we don't treat gay, lesbian, etc. any differently than anyone else. I take that back, we HAVE to treat you differently. I can joke with everyone where I work. Call the guys pricks when they say something smart ass...make "old" jokes about another guy...and they make jokes about me. We laugh...we are buddies. But if I worked with someone who is gay...no way! Can't joke with that person about that. Could be a lawsuit. WE DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T. Yes...there were some mean things done in the past...THE PAST. If you want to hold a grudge, continue the "I'm still pissed" attitude how do you expect to get over it. We have.

And guess what. Some people don't like me. Some people don't like my friends. Nobody is liked by everyone. Get used to that, get over whatever your issues are and become PART of the rest of us instead of acting like some victim. As many of us learned on the playground...if you want to be a victim and get beat up every day...continue acting like a victim. If you want to be "one of the guys"...fit in, laugh, take a joke and quit complaining. Fight for what you believe in and recognize the rights of others to fight for what they believe in.

That is the key to the end of racism, hate, homophobia...you getting over it and joining with everyone else. Not standing out like a victim or activist. That is the key to acceptance.

And don't take this as me calling you out, or trying to fight...I'm not. I'm offering advice from someone who likes most people and from someone who most people like. I have no problem getting along with others (in the real world). I'm simply offering you some thoughts that you should consider. Consider other people as who and what they are. Hating them doesn't help them like, love or accept you.
edit on 6/2/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Never worked with a gay person have you?

They laugh and joke just like the rest of us bro

Of course being hurtful and being playful are vastly different things.

Friends are friends regardless of what they do with their personal lives as I am sure you are well aware.

I agree with most of your previous posts in the thread. This one just jumped out at me and I wanted to point it out.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Never worked with a gay person have you?

They laugh and joke just like the rest of us bro

Of course being hurtful and being playful are vastly different things.

Friends are friends regardless of what they do with their personal lives as I am sure you are well aware.

I agree with most of your previous posts in the thread. This one just jumped out at me and I wanted to point it out.

All I'm saying is that in order to get along with one another, we all have to feel comfortable around each other. I've met gay people before and gotten along just fine. I don't currently work with any...that I know of. But I can't be friends with someone if or when I feel I have to walk on eggshells. Fitting in is important to any relationship. Give and take, having a sense of humor and being comfortable enough in oneself to have someone call you "whatever" and laugh it off when it is meant to include you. I've had a black person say "all you white people look the same" to me and some friends. That showed us he was part of our group and a friend. Hope that clears it up a bit.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
What you and your type don't seem to understand...

My type?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I just love how those who "really don't care" about OP and wish she would get on with her life are on here, taking their time telling us that they don't care. You know what I do if I don't care [like for most christian threads on here]?
I just skip them and think "Oh noes, another god-thread".

I am certain that those feeling the need to be nasty [because that is what it is] to OP care far too much about transgenderism and gayness than they might acknowledge.

And the "shoving it down our throats" is the worst argument ever. Especially when this forum is full of christian posts, shoving god down my throat everywhere I go. I am not religious, I wish everyone was free from god, yet everywhere I go, whatever I read, everywhere god-people shove their opinion down my throat.

If they have the right to do this, then every other human has the same right. Hell, I wish all quirky humans could be out there doing their thing in happiness and peace and be represented on TV. Because they exist and they are human.

The rest is a made up guideline by boring people who accept nothing but the most middle of the road lives. Maybe the world should be colourful and full of different kinds and we should be celebrating this? Who has made the boring type the ones who can tell us what is right?

[No, not god, definitively not god - because you are hating on people who according to you were made by him. So you are saying that your god makes mistakes and it's your job to sort them out for him? Hahaha...yeah...]

OP: Well done and you have the same right to post about yourself as those christians have, rattling on about some old book!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I take that back, we HAVE to treat you differently. I can joke with everyone where I work. Call the guys pricks when they say something smart ass...make "old" jokes about another guy...and they make jokes about me. We laugh...we are buddies. But if I worked with someone who is gay...no way!

That is a sweeping generalization, the sensitivity of an individual is unique to every individual. Some are offended where others are not about all sorts of things. How well people know one another is also a factor, some people can call me certain names where if others do I will raise an eyebrow.

I for one would rib right back with you as I am from a military background am accustomed to lots of diversity and culture. If a stranger had just caught almost any of our conversations at the right time right place we would have all sounded like the worst racists. We weren't though we were just buddies ribbing each other about our cultural differences in a light hearted and humorous way.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
WOW. Guess I should have read the previous posts better before responding some nicely and level-headed.

One of you said "Your type..." the other said "How would you like it if no one did business with you because you have an addictive personality? How would you like it if no one allowed you to purchase a home or rent an apartment because you have an addictive personality?"

Don't you see what you are doing? Are you pointing to me as a problem or someone evil by saying "Your type"? Are you implying that "no one" will hire a gay person and that "no one" will rent a gay person an apartment? You are playing the victim. I have come into this thread speaking logic, fairness and offering suggestions. Your response to me is referring to "my type" and telling me how every single gay person can't get a job or an apartment. Maybe...just maybe...those are the actions that keep you segregated. Maybe it is THAT attitude and overstatement that makes you part of the problem.

I respectfully suggest you reevaluate how you choose to get along...especially with someone who came here peacefully to offer legitimate suggestions and conversation on the given topic, never preaching a word of hate and this is your treatment of that type of person.

Think about it. I'm out of here.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Y E S your type, the type that don't like me and my type.

: a particular kind or group of things or people

: a particular kind of person

: printed letters

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Y E S your type, the type that don't like me and my type.

: a particular kind or group of things or people

: a particular kind of person

: printed letters

Thanks for making my point. If you want for peace, make peace. You want neither. Bye.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Ok Mr assumptions you are a very sensitive one aren't you. I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings, please don't go away. Come back and lets make nice.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I sure hope you aren't saying that no one in the LGBT community is ever discriminated against. Are you gonna make me have to pull up all the studies and recent stories in the news that prove you wrong?

Yes, things are somewhat better than they were 30+ years ago, but that's only because of the fight for equality - the protests, the lawsuits and awareness raising - all those things you say they shouldn't be doing because it "offends" you. Equality has not been fully achieved yet, so that means the fight's not over. Sorry if that bugs you...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

And the "shoving it down our throats" is the worst argument ever. Especially when this forum is full of christian posts, shoving god down my throat everywhere I go. I am not religious, I wish everyone was free from god, yet everywhere I go, whatever I read, everywhere god-people shove their opinion down my throat.

It's even worse, if you think about it. I don't know of any gay people who actively recruit others to be gay with them nor do I know any transgender folks who try to recruit others into changing their gender.

Come to think of it, if the LGBT communities followed the same format that Christians follow, it would be pretty funny. "Have you heard the good news? You too can live a life of being an outcast and a constant target for violence! Join today!"

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
Come to think of it, if the LGBT communities followed the same format that Christians follow, it would be pretty funny. "Have you heard the good news? You too can live a life of being an outcast and a constant target for violence! Join today!"

That is priceless!

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join