It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "UK Madness Forum"??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: nonspecific

Behave yourselves!
You are clearly both supporters of the elite 1%.
Earl Grey is only consumed by those who drink it too hot and have burned their tastebuds, or those who wish to send a message that they are part of the control system.

You pair are most definitely ones to keep an eye on in any new UK forum. It has been noted.

Just because some of choose to elivate ouselves above the base level should not mean we are misinterpreted.

Lady grey is a fine tea, especially so with just a squeeze of Almalfi lemon, I often take a cup while listening to a good episode of desert island disc's.

It really is a matter of widening your horizons in my opinion, I actually gave a cup to the man that does my garden the other week and although at first he was a little reluctant by the end of the cup he was warming to it and even asked me to write down the name of it so he could ask his wife to get some the next time she went to the supermarket.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've just back from playing Snooker with my son and realised what a mad game it is!!

I like the look of the proposed changes, but to have a U.K forum would be great.

Edit - I am English and I hate tea, what's that all about?
edit on 14/5/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ok then, Sunday dinner!!! (Lunch for the pipe smoking southern ballet dancers)

What time should it be held and can you have bread?

I say 3 o'clock and no, you can't!

What say the true Englishmen from the north and the frogs from the south?

Oh and of course, teabag in mug, boiling water and then sugar added, left to steep to taste, reddish brown for me, teabag removed, milk added and to hell with the consequences. Stir more than 3 times and you are basically having sex.
edit on 14-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: added tea

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Scraps! Not scaps!

I went to Hinckley and asked for scraps and she said "That's funneh, he means batter bits."

My mate comes over and asks for "bacon balms/barms" ... You can get your head kicked in for taking like that round here.

Don't even get started on the ten foot, back passage, guinel, snicket differences.

On topic I agree with the notion of a UK forum.

(Chip spice)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just me, but I'm really enjoying the banter in a forum where nobody can star each other.
I'm also liking the unique way we do our pisstake with each other.
I look forward to a UK forum and I really hope it is not just political, it could be a really interesting place where we all understand sarcasm and irony.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
so I go away for a hour to get ma tea

And looks what happens.

link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Scraps! Not scaps!

I went to Hinckley and asked for scraps and she said "That's funneh, he means batter bits."

My mate comes over and asks for "bacon balms/barms" ... You can get your head kicked in for taking like that round here.

Don't even get started on the ten foot, back passage, guinel, snicket differences.

On topic I agree with the notion of a UK forum.

(Chip spice)

I will get you started mate, It's called a jitty and there's no argument there 'cos load of people I know will agree with me.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Ok then, Sunday dinner!!! (Lunch for the pipe smoking southern ballet dancers)

What time should it be held and can you have bread?

I say 3 o'clock and no, you can't!

What say the true Englishmen from the north and the frogs from the south?

Oh and of course, teabag in mug, boiling water and then sugar added, left to steep to taste, reddish brown for me, teabag removed, milk added and to hell with the consequences. Stir more than 3 times and you are basically having sex.

Sunday lunch between 1.30 and 2.00, definitely no bread.

I am from the South.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

sauce on a bacon sandwich? trick question, as nature intended. and yes i eat my pork pie dry, thank you for reminding me of the one in my bag, hmm, might have to visit the pie for a pint to wash it down...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

We willingly have Doner Kebabs sober in our NOC on night shifts....

It does depend on the van, but they can be rather nice....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Perhaps it's just me, but I'm really enjoying the banter in a forum where nobody can star each other.
I'm also liking the unique way we do our pisstake with each other.
I look forward to a UK forum and I really hope it is not just political, it could be a really interesting place where we all understand sarcasm and irony.

I would agree with that but cannot star your post so not sure what i think about that now?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Far too early to have built up an appetite after a day of tending the petunias I reckon.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How come nobody has mentioned the weather yet?

(Runs, ducks and covers)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Edit - I am English and I hate tea, what's that all about?

To the tower with this man!

You must have something in your ancestry that caused this - hopefully genetic engineering will be able to cure you at some point..

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hurky1
How come nobody has mentioned the weather yet?

(Runs, ducks and covers)

Having lived in a place where the weather basically consisted of warm and sunny or cold and sunny I can tell you for a fact that WEATHER is a beautiful thing!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I have to admit I was part of the 'donner meat Wednesdays ' lunch group in a previous employment.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: stumason

I'm not too sure about eating one sober...but at least they aren't deep fried like some of our brethren from the hinterlands prefer.

Seriously though, try and find somewhere that does a Parmo.....they are very nice.
en.wikipedia.org...

link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

No, it's the perfect time, i like to get up early on Sundays in order to do all the maintenance tasks that need doing on the house and garden. By 1.00 I have worked up a good appetite, and can then settle down to the football in the afternoon. Depending on the game, I am usually totally enthralled or feel sated enough to have a snooze. It's what Sundays are all about in my book.

edit on 14/5/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Freeborn

We willingly have Doner Kebabs sober in our NOC on night shifts....

It does depend on the van, but they can be rather nice....

I can't believe the peasants I'm communicating with on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join