It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "UK Madness Forum"??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Agreed on the red sauce though so if you can stop using odd words for what is obviously a COB then maybe a faction could be created.
Hahaha! Cob?!! FFS!
I see we may have to reconsider our relationship, and be grateful that our shared disagreement with the rebel red's still binds us together.

Cob?! ...It's a #ing Bap, everyone knows that

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Who needs baps, buns or cobs when we have the Stottie!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm Pink & Proud

edit on 14/5/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Freeborn I spent a bit of time up north, with your whippets, flat caps and lard eating. It was endearing withat 'special' way you all talk up there

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

One can only imagine.....

"Flossie? Is that you"?

Blackadder quote

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
And cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off and cut into triangles.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I'm Pink & Proud

I'm colour blind and #ing clueless.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Don't you call them bread cakes up there?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Haha I remember that on Blackadder

...never actually shagged a sheep though to be honest. Bought a few drinks, maybe a brief moment in a darkened corner of the odd nightclub but never shagged one. I'm more 'ewe-curious' I guess, but always bottled it in the end.
I suppose it explains why I left Wales all those years ago, never quite felt part of the scene, an outcast if you like.

Now, ask me about Dartmoor ponies and that's another story

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why you bloody heathen! You make tea in a teapot with Earl Grey Tea. One spoon of tea per person, the exact amount of water per cup, allow to brew for two minutes, then strain and pour, no milk or sugar and serve with a slice of lemon.
Or better still make a mug of instant coffee.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Who needs baps, buns or cobs when we have the Stottie!

Here Here!

You just cant beat the good old stottie!

I often have the bread argument with my wife (shes from the north west) When we first met, and she was in the north east for the first time, she asked for a sausage tea cake (to her, tea cake was just a simple bread bun, to me and the cafe we were in, a tea cake is a currant bun) it was hilarious watching as the cafe owner asked my wife why on earth she wanted a sausage in a currant bun!

Oh and for the record,

Tea bag in cup, hot water poured slowly in, cup left to brew for a few minutes, add a spot of milk and stir!

And bacon butty with RED sauce! lol

edit on 5/14/2015 by ukmicky1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

My work mates are looking at me with a puzzled look as I am chuckling like a crazy loon at my desk reading that!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

What is this fascination with fruity tea?

No wonder we've lost the plot as a nation....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Don't you call them bread cakes up there?

It varies.
You can literally go three or four miles up the road and things are called by a completely different name.

Some of the old pit villages have their own, unique names.

Generally though they are called Bread Buns by most people nowadays.....but everyone likes a stottie, usually with ham and pease pudding.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Why you bloody heathen! You make tea in a teapot with Earl Grey Tea. One spoon of tea per person, the exact amount of water per cup, allow to brew for two minutes, then strain and pour, no milk or sugar and serve with a slice of lemon.
Or better still make a mug of instant coffee.

Now theres a member that knows how to really drink a cup of tea!

I am partial to a cup of lady grey myself, I think the bergamont adds a little something that would be lost on the general public and there need for simple things and a copy of the sun while there slurping it from a chipped mug.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
1st time I was in a chippy in Yorkshire the lady asks, want scaps with that? I was like wtf she was like scrapss and pointing to all the crappy bits of the bottom of the fryer.
I was horrified. I didn't understand why anyone would want the bits most people throw away I walked out rolled my eyes and just thought 'Northerners'
edit on 14-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

......and a copy of the sun....

Now there's something that divides the nation - The Sun newspaper.

Only good for horse racing, Striker and.....oh that's it, doesn't even have Page 3 going for it now.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Behave yourselves!
You are clearly both supporters of the elite 1%.
Earl Grey is only consumed by those who drink it too hot and have burned their tastebuds, or those who wish to send a message that they are part of the control system.

You pair are most definitely ones to keep an eye on in any new UK forum. It has been noted.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

woody, scraps are mandatory for all meals bought from a Chippy.

At least they don't come with deep fried Mars Bars and Donner Kebabs.....though I've often considered trying one.

We do have Parmo's up here in our own little corner of the North East.....a truly divine culinary experience after a night out.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join