It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "UK Madness Forum"??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: woodwardjnr

The hell? I thought the sun was allergic to the UK.

It occasional shows itself in the south, the northerners are a bit hardier with an extra layer of blubber, to help them through the tougher winters

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And I LOL'd at that one

Quite enjoying the banter on this thread

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
One of the essential issues to be sorted out is the exact boundary-line between north and south.
I propose that it be defined by the word for "yes".
When people start saying "Aye", then we are in the north?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

And I LOL'd at that one

Quite enjoying the banter on this thread

Just imagine what will happen when the UK get's it's own forum.

Sticky: TEA how to drink it.

Sticky: Bacon how to eat it....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Hmm - a tough one that.. I use "Aye" a lot and I am a born and bred Southerner.. Well, actually, I was born in Nottingham, but my family is from Cornwall/Devon...

Maybe where the letter "T" replaces the word "The" could be the line?

But then we have the Midlands as well, which are neither North or South, but a strange tribe of funny talking folk in their own right...

link   
a reply to: nonspecific

We definately need our own forum now! I want those stickies!

link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It will be just banter non-stop... banter and sarcasm and dry wit.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
One of the essential issues to be sorted out is the exact boundary-line between north and south.
I propose that it be defined by the word for "yes".
When people start saying "Aye", then we are in the north?

I was born in the midlands, no one ever thinks about us.

In the south I'm a northern monkey and in the north I'm a southern fairy.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hmm, just spotted this thread and I am outraged to be honest.

Who the hell thinks they have the right to any influence in a new United Kingdom forum if they are yet to find agreement about the correct sauce for bacon sarnies, never mind questions remaining about how to make a proper cup of tea?!

I say to all those who have red sauce on a bacon bap, I will do everything in my power to prevent you polluting the new forum with your barbarous views and opinions.
For now I shall campaign for an ATS poll regarding the correct procedure with both tea and bacon bap making, then after the results are known, and only then, we start discussing who may or may not be part of the new UK forum.

Red sauce separatists have no place in my mind, BUT, if such people learn how to make a decent brew, we could find compromise somewhere...

Teabag in mug
Boiling water poured to 8 or 9 tenths of the way up while teabag stirred
Mug allowed to sit for 3 minutes
Milk added to beautiful light brown shade
1 teaspoon of sugar
Stirred well.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

But then we have the Midlands as well, which are neither North or South, but a strange tribe of funny talking folk in their own right...

This will be the No Man's Land... the barren, desolate wasteland that divides our two great regions.

link   
a reply to: blupblup

With the Yanks totally not getting it and thinking we're all a bit odd....

Well, no change there, I suppose.

link   
a reply to: DISRAELI I was thinking about that this morning. I decided I wouldn't want to live any further north than Warwick, once your past Warwick your basically in Birmingham, which is too far

edit on 14-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

We are a little bit odd though really.... but we make sense to us, that's the main thing.

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Hey, you're Welsh! Your opinion on bacon is questionable - we know what you do to your sheep!

Although you're bang on with your views on tea...
edit on 14/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: Freeborn

The North gave us Rugby League.
The South gave us Rugby Union.

Oh come on man... You have to stop every time you're tackled in League.. and you have no proper scrums.

Pffft

Lame..

I agree completely, Rugby League is proper lame compared to Union

# me Blup Blup, we have found complete agreement about something!! hahaha

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Hmm, just spotted this thread and I am outraged to be honest.

Who the hell thinks they have the right to any influence in a new United Kingdom forum if they are yet to find agreement about the correct sauce for bacon sarnies, never mind questions remaining about how to make a proper cup of tea?!

I say to all those who have red sauce on a bacon bap, I will do everything in my power to prevent you polluting the new forum with your barbarous views and opinions.
For now I shall campaign for an ATS poll regarding the correct procedure with both tea and bacon bap making, then after the results are known, and only then, we start discussing who may or may not be part of the new UK forum.

Red sauce separatists have no place in my mind, BUT, if such people learn how to make a decent brew, we could find compromise somewhere...

Teabag in mug
Boiling water poured to 8 or 9 tenths of the way up while teabag stirred
Mug allowed to sit for 3 minutes
Milk added to beautiful light brown shade
1 teaspoon of sugar
Stirred well.

You lost all respect when you reffered to a "bap".

I'm sure that in your twisted little corner of the nation that is ok but your in the big world now.

Agreed on the red sauce though so if you can stop using odd words for what is obviously a COB then maybe a faction could be created.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Who needs sun when we spend most of our time Whippet racing, eating lard and our first born prior to attending our ancient place of worship, the pub, (something that will sadly soon be all but a memory replaced by the modern monstrosities of theme bars, wine bars or bastard nail bars - all of which for the record are Southern inventions!).

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I remember as a youngster working for a season at Butlin's in Ayr, which got campers from across the border.
I responded to a request with "Yes, I will" (I think), and the man turned to his wife and said "This lad here's from south of t'Ribble". That brings in both points.

Alternatively there is "sofa v settee".

I once saw a very academic map breaking up the country into regions based on the word used for making tea. It was "brewing" in one region, "mashing" in another, and so on.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

...you have no idea about my history or relationship with sheep, I shall leave it at that

[/sinister chuckle]

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

See, as a "pad brat" I was brought up with both sofa and settee - I still don't know what is the correct parlance!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join