It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, 51, sneezes out childhood toy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There are stories that make you sad , there are stories that make you smile and then there are stories that make you think ,,, WTF ? , this is one of those.

A 51-year-old man been reunited with part of a toy dart that he played with as a child - after he sneezed it out.
Steve Easton, from Surrey, was overcome by a sneezing fit and "a very uncomfortable sensation" before he felt something make its way into his left nostril and slowly unfurl itself.
After he retrieved it, Mr Easton was unable to work out what it was until he phoned his mother, Pat.

So he took it to his mother and she identified it as the rubber end of a toy dart he'd lost 40 years ago !

Mrs Easton, 77, who lives in Buckinghamshire, had taken Steve to hospital at the age of seven or eight, suspecting he had swallowed the sucker from the dart.
She said she had worried about it for years and was just glad it was out.
"I don't know what he did - you know what children are - whether he put it in his mouth, but he swallowed it.
"I was really worried so I took him to hospital and they X-rayed him and checked everything and they couldn't find it."
She said she had never known whether he had got rid of it naturally or whether it was still inside him.
"All these years later, it suddenly shot out," she said
www.bbc.co.uk...

How ?
It's a weird world.

edit on 12-5-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

For a minute I thought it might have been Hymie Stromberg.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

That's big object for a 7 yr old's nostril.

Maybe he should check for Jimmy Hoffa.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My grandfather, when he was in his early 70's, started having ear pain and balance issues. The doctor fished out something odd and smelly.

Turns out, it was a black eyed pea. He had apparently stuck it in his ear when he was a kid and it had sprouted. But he didn't have any discomfort from it for 65+ years.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
My grandfather, when he was in his early 70's, started having ear pain and balance issues. The doctor fished out something odd and smelly.

Turns out, it was a black eyed pea. He had apparently stuck it in his ear when he was a kid and it had sprouted. But he didn't have any discomfort from it for 65+ years.

so...he hadnt had his ears checked for 65 years? thats a long time without a physical.

i hate to let anything get in my ears unless i know i can get it out. ear aches are the woooorst...
edit on 12-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

That's really weird. I wonder if there's a website for objects found in people's noses. That one would be a good addition.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I've heard of people having taters in their ears but black eyed peas? That's a new one.

By the way, I like your new avatar. It always gives me a chuckle.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

LOL, you aren't from the country, are you?

He survived tuberculosis, too. Even then he didn't go to a doctor. The only doctor he ever saw was a dentist when he had all his teeth pulled out. Wouldn't go back to get the permanent dentures, either. He just used that first set for the next 30 years until he died.

Tightwad that lived through the great depression. He could pinch a penny so tight it'd bleed. That is pretty typical of this part of the world.

top topics

join