It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A 51-year-old man been reunited with part of a toy dart that he played with as a child - after he sneezed it out.
Steve Easton, from Surrey, was overcome by a sneezing fit and "a very uncomfortable sensation" before he felt something make its way into his left nostril and slowly unfurl itself.
After he retrieved it, Mr Easton was unable to work out what it was until he phoned his mother, Pat.
Mrs Easton, 77, who lives in Buckinghamshire, had taken Steve to hospital at the age of seven or eight, suspecting he had swallowed the sucker from the dart.
She said she had worried about it for years and was just glad it was out.
"I don't know what he did - you know what children are - whether he put it in his mouth, but he swallowed it.
"I was really worried so I took him to hospital and they X-rayed him and checked everything and they couldn't find it."
She said she had never known whether he had got rid of it naturally or whether it was still inside him.
"All these years later, it suddenly shot out," she said
originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
My grandfather, when he was in his early 70's, started having ear pain and balance issues. The doctor fished out something odd and smelly.
Turns out, it was a black eyed pea. He had apparently stuck it in his ear when he was a kid and it had sprouted. But he didn't have any discomfort from it for 65+ years.