It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe A Matrix Computer Game Designed By Aliens, Say NASA

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Dont pay the ferryman, dont even fix a price, dont pay the ferryman, untill he gets you to the other side.

Charon would Say you have NO Power Here! ..LOL SWIM ....

Don't go into the Light Marry Ann ( Poltergeist ) ... Don't be like NEO ! Choosing the RED PILL aka Light

It's a Trap!

Neo (The Matrix)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Shortly after reading this thread, I went outside and looked up at the clouds.

I swear that I saw a weird drop in framerate as they were slowly passing overhead.

It seemed very strange to me.

Get out of my head, ATS. *lol*

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Steffer

Hear that faint murmur? Be quiet... listen reeeaaaaalllly carefully... shhh... just keep listening ...now!

There! Hear that? What is it? It's a voice... saying, "Ache pits Adrian?" Huh?

No... it's ...Oh, that's it!

"Wake up... it's a dream."

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I didn't read where NASA stated they endorse this "theory". One guys thoughts barely supported by two other scientists, and a disclaimer at the end of the article that it may amount to nothing. Just the other day, I read on Slashdot "Messenger Data Says Mercury's Magnetic Past Goes Back Billions of Years." So then is it safe to assume a super-intelligence has been playing this game for more than 3.8 billion years? That's not a game; It's a job! What I find most interesting about the article is that the philosopher nailed it! This is reality as far as I am concerned. Even if it wasn't, we wouldn't know any better unless we could experience whatever was outside of the simulation.

-d

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

"It gives me full control of my destiny"

Control is the ultimate illusion in this simulation. In reality, you control nothing.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: TheAnarchist
a reply to: olaru12

This game sucks. It's harder than it needs to be and it's full of noobs and hackers. You can't save, and you lose all your crap when you die. What's the point?

I must admit though, the graphics are pretty good.

I'm laughing out loud right now! That has to be one of the funniest things I've read in several days!

Oh man *wipes eyes* ...

And the worst part of this game? Most of the power ups are illegal!

SO its perfectly fine for me to be liek jerk keito in Sword art online abridged.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If we're part of a simulation then does that mean that those who are simulating this universe are also within a simulation of their own, and are those simulating the simulators of this simulation also part of their own simulation...........?

Reminds me of "turtles all the way down".

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I know this is a little of Topic ... but in a way it isnt...

Let Say ... This Simulation we live in ( if it is )

Has Not an Actual Space or Time or even Frequency .. Measurements that is comparable to OUR Understanding ...

and let Say the Aliens/Civ Type Level 3 or 4 or 5 Etc... / The User.../programer

Feed Us these Feats of Technology... Into People Dreams .. of Fiction Writers , to Scientist, Inventors, Engineers , Etc..

as How many Time's Did this Happen ?

It just Suddenly Came to Me in a Dream.. as No Recollection Why nor the Reason for it ..

What I want to Show is this ....

a 1929 Amazing Stories Cover

Repairing a Space Craft

Pretty Close Space Suits... It's just missing The Life Tank and Helmet Covering

Close to 4 decades Earlier

of it.. Actually Happening

Who to Say thought's come to Us in Certain Things,, from Them,

Look at the Influence from Jules Verne ... all From a Vision .. Verne's Vision

From a Book:: From the Earth to the Moon (1865)
that has Details within the Book that was used in Reality ...
from Just a Fictional Writer ...

These People ....

Robert H. Goddard, Werner Von Braun to Name a few...

Turn that Book into a Reality .. (1969)

It Just took 104 years... from a Thought of Book to a Reality...

Art become Life ..

Do I Believe in Such Things of something Sentient transmitting IDEAS , Thoughts , Into Our Minds Subconsciously .. Im on the Agnostic Fence.... I wouldn't say Impossible.. as Science on this Planet is Working on that Sort of thing as we Speak ... Reading thoughts .. Transmitting thoughts... Wirelessly ...

We are Becoming Lesser Gods .. We are practically doing the same thing ... in a Downgrade Level.. a Lo Tech..

Peter Weyland TED Talk 2023 (Prometheus Viral)
www.youtube.com...

We have been on this Planet ( Modern Man as U and I ) for the Estimate amount of 250,000 years to Now Claiming 400,000 Year's and WE Humans .. just had a Big Rush on Technology from only 6 thousand years what were Humans Doing in the Rest of those years ? Im Talking about Homo Sapiens as ( US ) Not Early Ape Man (prototypes) Not Neanderthals, Not Cro Magon,,, Just US..

are We like a ISO Like Quarra ( Tron Legacy ) Like a Hybrid Human // Cylon from Battlestar Galactica ,, a Nexus 8 ?

edit on 12015MondayfAmerica/Chicago5130 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12015MondayfAmerica/Chicago5130 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The earliest physicists built a reality using just the tools of mathematics, music and astronomical observation.
I imagine they expected Gods objective reality was a describable Celestial harmony within their grasp using those tools.
How far did they really get?

Wouldn't surprise me if they found some 5000 year old math that was a perfect patent for fundamental particle physics.

There was that cryptogram sent to Fermilab that was partially decoded "FRANK SHOEMAKER WOULD CALL THIS NOISE".

There is no valid noise signature in a digital construct as any noise would have to be smaller than the bit size (Plank Length). Even what we deem, within classical (virtual) reality as noise, is still digital which would seem to indicate that analogue signals have a maximum resolution, again, of Plank Length.

But then again, maybe a different form of energy could be noise, like consciousness or maybe Gaussian fields. Maybe we are just ghosts in what appears to be a "material" machine. Personally, I still think we are operating through avatars, simply riders on meat-puppet busses below 4D tangerines skies.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Ironically if true that will be the easiest explanation for the universe.

Ironically if true that will, still be a paradox.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr
a reply to: Rosinitiate

"It gives me full control of my destiny"

Control is the ultimate illusion in this simulation. In reality, you control nothing.

You control nothing in the external reality.

However, as rosinitiate was conveying; we control our thoughts, our perception, our feelings, our state of being.

We can control our dreams and walk in them, it all depends on your mental faculty and connection to self. We also control our state in the next life regarding what we do and are in the current time/space.

The so called matrix would be the deception and illusion, dividing us and "pulling" is away from self. Where ultimately, we have no control over its order or nature.

Internal, meets external...and loses itself. Or in Rosinitiates point, we csn control our internal destiny.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I disagree. We'll leave it at that.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

maybe our universe is a synthetic program but that dosnt have to mean that we are what if it was created to enslave us, it could be a copy, i feel like i am real being living in an illusion,, if you have ever smoked dmt that world you enter into feels like the real one and this world feels like a dream or an illusion

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The Matrix is a wonderful thing, olaru12. I enjoyed reading so many pages of creative responses.

Whenever I see a Matrix thread I like to drop a little info, not much, but some.

First,

matrix (n.) Look up matrix at Dictionary.com
late 14c., "uterus, womb," from Old French matrice "womb, uterus," from Latin matrix (genitive matricis) "pregnant animal," in Late Latin "womb," also "source, origin," from mater (genitive matris) "mother" (see mother (n.1)). Sense of "place or medium where something is developed" is first recorded 1550s; sense of "embedding or enclosing mass" first recorded 1640s. Logical sense of "array of possible combinations of truth-values" is attested from 1914. As a verb from 1951. www.etymonline.com...

Second,

Third,

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr

I disagree. We'll leave it at that.

Under what experience and reality would you disagree with the above?

Or "leaving it at" is the easiest escape of dialogue?

Regarding this "simulation reality"; where does your consciousness come from, and what is its origin? What is the essence of being aware within "simulated" matter?

Something had to create the simulation; thst something would be aware if it's own thoughts thst lead it to do such, what is the origin of THAT creators consciousness?

You can't excuse consciousness. It's ehat you are, take it seriously.. your Real.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Do we really control our thoughts and perceptions; Or is that computer code?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Hey Olaru12, I think the Matrix has to do with the prime program of humanity which is to figure out what the Matrix really is. Humanity expands & builds this Matrix over so many generations, getting closer and closer to the answer... too close and the Agents begin to get restless. Too close to the answer and the Agents will unleash the drones *See Today's Headlines

This was all meant to happen... humanity wants to become the master of it's own reality but it knows that it can't do that without answer the question. What is the question?

Obviously, to anyone reading this thread, the question is : What is the Matrix? Science and Religion have been trying to answer this question for eons. It's now 2015 and look where we are. Humanity has a thirst for knowledge unquenched!

What will the Matrix do? if anything, to deny us the fruits of our seeking knowledge that is rightfully ours by human exploration & discovery? Matrix will send Agents and Machines to suppress the human instinct which is to expand it's available data about the Matrix. My advice, be very careful when fighting those Agents & Machines. Learn Kung Fu.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Very Cool Thread!

I found this a while ago, kinda hurt my head a bit.
Interesting watch though....

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

And the conversation that takes place between Morpheus and Neo is always the same:

Neo: It's an honor to meet you.
Morpheus: No, the honor is mine. Please, come. Sit. I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole, hm?
Neo: You could say that.
Morpheus: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is but it's there, like a splinter in your mind driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Neo: The Matrix?
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is? The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more. Follow me. Apoc, are we online?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join