It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe A Matrix Computer Game Designed By Aliens, Say NASA

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
am attempting to find the debug panel / Console.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
this is slightly old.
we were talking about this in the 90s.

conclusion back then is it is more likely time is fractal in nature.

since there is no way to tell one way or the other. who cares?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mSparks43

Exactly, i'd like to add: old and stupid.
It is far more likely we just don't get how time and space really work and:

i always thought NASA only hires smart people and not the scums from HistoryChannel....

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The title is a little misleading. NASA is definitely not saying that the universe IS a computer program. That's what the philosopher is saying. What the NASA guy said is that it can't rule something like that out because of the potential of Moore's Law and the anomolies of quantum mechanics.

Simply leaving open the possibility of a computer like program as the source of reality is not the same as believing some alien race is controlling the universe. Good science doesn't rule anything out until it has been proven wrong. And just because an idea fits within the parameters of current scientific knowledge doesn't make it fact or a credible theory until there is proof or a lot of evidence.

That said, it shouldn't be a surprise that the computer program theory isn't ruled out by physicists. It fits in well with theories like the holographic principle. And current scientific understanding tells us that at the heart of all matter is information. The entire universe is basically just information at the end of the day.

It also shouldn't be a surprise that the movie the Matrix was on to this idea along with a lot of other things. That movie could be a religion in and of itself.

Nothing proven yet, but interesting ideas none the less. Personally, i like the idea that all matter is conscious on some basic level and the way consciousness manifests is based on almost infinite bits of information.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

We have been on this Planet ( Modern Man as U and I ) for the Estimate amount of 250,000 years to Now Claiming 400,000 Year's and WE Humans .. just had a Big Rush on Technology from only 6 thousand years what were Humans Doing in the Rest of those years ? Im Talking about Homo Sapiens as ( US ) Not Early Ape Man (prototypes) Not Neanderthals, Not Cro Magon,,, Just US..

Well the Dino's roamed for about 165 million years and they never got evolved technology. So I guess we are maybe simulation 2.0?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Topic reminds me of..

Watch movie --> Existenz by David Cronenberg

Came out before The MAtrix

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
We have been on this Planet ( Modern Man as U and I ) for the Estimate amount of 250,000 years to Now Claiming 400,000 Year's and WE Humans .. just had a Big Rush on Technology from only 6 thousand years what were Humans Doing in the Rest of those years ? Im Talking about Homo Sapiens as ( US ) Not Early Ape Man (prototypes) Not Neanderthals, Not Cro Magon,,, Just US..

Sure is odd that everything stood ''still'' for such a long time and then the huge explosion in such a short time in the amount of people/science/progress etc.

But assuming this is a simulation of some kind they could just erase everything and start some new kind of simulation and we would never know it.
Perhaps we are getting close to the end of this experiment and they start something better.
I mean we progress but the simulations as well (most likely).

edit on 12-5-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

You do know the human race was more or less wiped out by >100m high floods and an ice age about ~10-30,000 years ago dont you?
edit on 12-5-2015 by mSparks43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

Very apt, now that would be one weird looking lovechild.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The reality of the situation(pun intended) is that once we are able to measure at the level the individual Planck Unit we will be able to determine if indeed our universe is of a holographic nature. Such technology is possible only 5-10 years away.
edit on 12-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

which I believe is part of the "fractal time theory"
Only that lot is nearly impossible to keep up with.

quick googs gives
holofractal.net...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mSparks43

Yet here we are still doing our thing plodding around like we own the place. Seems it will take rather more than an Ice age regarding Humanity going the way of the Dinosaurs. Possibly because we have opposable thumbs and the ability to shape our environment to suit our own ends?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Ironically if true that will be the easiest explanation for the universe.
I guess, except who invented our overlords universe?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi

Well the Dino's roamed for about 165 million years and they never got evolved technology. So I guess we are maybe simulation 2.0?

If - and that's a big IF - this all was some kind of computer simulation, then everything we percieve as history could be simulated too. An entire simulation could be 1 day old, with memories implanted and so on. Fossils? All part of the simulation. How would we know the difference?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur

originally posted by: Greathouse

Ironically if true that will be the easiest explanation for the universe.
I guess, except who invented our overlords universe?

Exactly. All this does is push the question back further. And, again, NO ONE at NASA said that we "are living in a simulation." The title of this post is misleading in a big way.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

its called "exponential growth".

The march is slow from the beginning, but explodes at the end. People familiar with the concept of "grey goo" might understand the term exponential growth.

this was shared by a member to me awhile back. If anyone here wants to understand AI in a 30 minute read:

Part 1: waitbutwhy.com...

Part 2: waitbutwhy.com...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

While this is still technically an unknown, mathematicians theorize that pi contains every possible number combination in the universe.

As it turns out, mathematicians do not yet know whether the digits of pi contains every single finite sequence of numbers. That being said, many mathematicians suspect that this is the case, which would imply not only that the digits of pi contain any number that you can think of, but also that they contains a binary representation of britney spears’ DNA, as well as a jpeg encoded image of you making out with a polar bear.

Though, even if pi doesn't have this property, it is possible to invent such a number.

Even if the universe was found to be finite... Math isn't.... you can always add one more regardless of the size.....

Therefore there is no such thing as a number that has all possible combinations....

edit on 12-5-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

That just shows that you don't understand set theory and that there can be infinite sets that are larger than other infinite sets.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That just shows that you don't understand set theory and that there can be infinite sets that are larger than other infinite sets.

On the contrary... I use Infinity daily... and although it is true you can have a larger set that includes infinities... you can't make one infinity any larger than any other infinity.

As you should well know.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

From the link.

While tests performed on samples can never unequivocally prove that a sequence is random (in fact, we know the digits of pi are not random, since we know formulas to generate them) the apparent randomness in pi is consistent with the idea that it contains all finite sequences (or, at least, all fairly short ones). In particular, if we generate a number from an infinite stream of digits selected uniformly at random, then there is a probability of 100% that such a number contains each and every finite sequences of digits, and pi has the appearance of being statistically random.

edit on 12-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join