It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe A Matrix Computer Game Designed By Aliens, Say NASA

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wonder sometimes...

If I were to die, would I just "wake up" into the life of someone else, complete with their memories and totally forget about my life right now?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I wonder sometimes...

If I were to die, would I just "wake up" into the life of someone else, complete with their memories and totally forget about my life right now?

Maybe that happens every morning. You wake up with the memories of someone else, but you forget the memories of the past person (then again, if that were the case what would be the definition of "you" in the phrase "you wake up"?)

Heck, it's possible that this simulation in which we exist just went online a millisecond ago, but the simulation comes complete with past memories, so we never notice that it just came online a millisecond ago.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Arrestme

The thing is that the universe isn't approximating the numbers. Ever. So even if the irrational number isn't stored permanently in the cache and has to be recalculated every time it is used, it STILL has to be represented. Otherwise, there would be weird rounding errors everywhere at the microscopic level.

There's so many clues around, but I admit not enough concrete evidence. But still, the clues man! Facking Jinkies!
What is our # system compared to the universe? I put forth it is the only system created by man (discovered rly) that will continue to be researched by mankind for as long as we are around to study things.

As far as #'s go, they aren't even "real", we made up the whole system really. Ripped off really. Discovering of natural phenomenons within quantities & quality of things. Who are we to say what it can & can't do.

Who's to say that our universe is 1 of an infinite amount more, & ours is ONLY for storing 1 irrational #, everything in it, all of it, just the expression of pi, or some irrational #.

It can get ridiculous sir. But think deep now, think RLY deep for this one:
Go macroscopic, go 10x more macroscopic, & even the latter in the opposite direction...think of all that complicated #! 1 thing us lowly humans could guess as to what is responsible for holding it all together is: a computer. Whoever or whatever holds it together, is #ing smart & possibly doesn't need to even be sentient. Yet somehow it seems more likely that it would be both sentient & nonsentient, since it's everywhere. /Rant
edit on 11-5-2015 by Arrestme because: '']['' [[]] [[]] ][_,

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I wonder sometimes...

I knew letting krieger into your private stash was a bad idea. now look what he has done. HE plugged in the over lord

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: Arrestme
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

correction, pi is expressed in our universe. Gotta get down to what these things really are to us, besides strings of #'s. These repeating #'s seem to be layered data of some sort (not like looping),...

Wait...Are you saying Pi is a repeating decimal? If so, do you have any sources for this claim?

I thought I cleared that up, but I mistyped. I was referring to a pool of #'s, with repeating #'s & pi & "non-stop" #'s, all at the same time, as seeming to be "layered", pertaining to our way of not understanding them enough to answer a lot of questions. Mainly I was referring to any infinite # or system. I said "(not looping)" to be sure you wouldn't think what you just thought. But u did damn u, cuz I used to the word repeating anyway & didnt correct it. lol thx.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

The thing is, depending upon the power of computing device -- entire lifetimes and eons could go by milliseconds to the "outside" world.

I think it's much more complex...there are simulations within simulations. Think of the movie "Inception". I think each time you peel back a layer, two more are created.

It's a never ending series of rabbit holes, each one more complex than the one before it. In a way, it's almost like some kind of mental trap -- everything keeps going to infinity for infinity.

And it gets even more complex when you consider that all possible potential universes to infinity are co-existing at any moment. We simply happen to be existing in one of these infinite universes moment to moment.

Okay, I think that egg on my brain is over easy now :-P

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

That is the same argument religious use for intelligent design. "I can't think of any other concept that could represent our universe, therefore [insert confirmation bias of choice]".

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raytrek
a reply to: olaru12

(Disclaimer; I do not really know what I am talking about, this is not my field I just have a theory)

With quantum physics I have heard there are resonate frequencies that can be expressed in geometric patterns, and they are associate with "Sacred Geometry". The mathematical dissection of these patterns has revealed a binary code identical to what we run computers on, some guy in the 50's came up with it I think, so this has led people to speculate that we exist in a Matrix or computer program of some kind. I will say that perhaps that computer code is a natural law, I will also say that binary can exist without a computer but a computer cannot exist without binary, so by causality the computer does not precede binary.

thx breh, i like ur post! But I did post exactly just that, after another poster mentioned it. Nobody is picking up the point so I'd give up.

(that's right, a few pages back: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

GASP SIM CEPTION!!!!!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So maybe the "ascension" that all of these religions talk about is simply escaping the programming. And the connection to a higher self is really a complete surrender to whomever is using you as an avatar.

But going further with this, what if the video games we play are one and the same? What if we are controlling conscious beings through playing video games? What if glitches are just these entities trying to act by their own will?

I'm done playing and I'm done being played. Any opportunity I see to escape this I will take. When I die this time I'm not respawning.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianoasis
So maybe the "ascension" that all of these religions talk about is simply escaping the programming. And the connection to a higher self is really a complete surrender to whomever is using you as an avatar.

But going further with this, what if the video games we play are one and the same? What if we are controlling conscious beings through playing video games? What if glitches are just these entities trying to act by their own will?

I'm done playing and I'm done being played. Any opportunity I see to escape this I will take. When I die this time I'm not respawning.

I shall sum that up in a short sntence. We call that Leveling up.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I wonder sometimes...

Maybe that happens every morning. You wake up with the memories of someone else, but you forget the memories of the past person (then again, if that were the case what would be the definition of "you" in the phrase "you wake up"?)

Heck, it's possible that this simulation in which we exist just went online a millisecond ago, but the simulation comes complete with past memories, so we never notice that it just came online a millisecond ago.

I like that.

But I'm pretty sure a video game that can simulate an entire universe would have an auto save feature (just being cheeky
)
edit on 11-5-2015 by pianoasis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pianoasis

Sounds like real life ground hog day.. *Turns off I got you babe*

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Only a frail statement , mere food for thought

Your point is very valid , but isn't that why we have CERN , to understand the missing components we do not understand?

A simulation run as accurately as it can be at the end of the day is still a simulation , yes it is subject to flaws but wouldn't be self-aware. Who isn't to say it wouldn't work in the same way hardware evolution occurs.. apart from this being a very advanced form of software evolution.

www.damninteresting.com...

Imagine a smart graphics/physics processor that doesn't need all the information available in order to work , it just needs bits here and there, the rest it can fill in itself.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...
Here is a pretty good link to this discussion.
I firmly believe this life is but a "simulation." I'll include a few parts from this piece on this thread.

If our universe was consciously created, then it must have been created for a purpose. In his book Proof of Heaven, near-death survivor Dr. Eben Alexander, a neurosurgeon, describes the purpose in great detail on page 48 of his book:

Through the Orb, [God] told me that there is not one universe but many — in fact, more than I could conceive — but that love lay at the center of them all. Evil was present in all the other universes as well, but only in the tiniest trace amounts. Evil was necessary because without it free will was impossible, and without free will there could be no growth — no forward movement, no chance for us to become what God longed for us to be. Horrible and all-powerful as evil sometimes seemed to be in a world like ours, in the larger picture love was overwhelmingly dominant, and it would ultimately be triumphant.

The primary purpose of life in this realm, it seems, is to experience personal growth and learn how to overcome Evil. This explains why we all seem to be surrounded by so much evil on a day-to-day basis. We are drowning in evil precisely because our souls chose to be here and learn how to defeat it.

At the end of our Earthly lives, we are then judged on our performance. As I wrote in a previous article:

Upon our death, we are judged by a higher power, and that judgment takes into account our performance in these areas. Did we achieve a measure of self-awareness? Did we work to overcome evil? Did we express love and compassion and help uplift others with knowledge and awareness?

As you’ve probably already figured out, the vast majority of humans fail these tests. They die as bitter, selfish, substance-addicted, greed-driven minions of evil who mistakenly thought they were winning the game of life while, in reality, they were losing the far more important test of the Creator.

If any of you get a chance, it's a very interesting piece.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Blackhawk0044 because: quotes

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Don't get me wrong. It simply means whatever we think it is, it can only ever be a concept. Not just any though. The universe as it exists, is an intelligent design. Now don't go assuming that means it was MADE by INTELLIGENCE. So religious? mmmmm not really, just more finite concepts to try & describe infinite-_____ what? There's no opposite of concept, because that itself is another concept. We'll only ever loop arguing probably, & only sound like on different sides because of respected opinions/so-forth.

But not arguing theory, or religion. I'm just saying Numbers are a system of mostly quantity. A quantity of quantities, if you will (&repeating?), to make way in understanding of "a nature". We just simply don't have enough info to put a word before the "a" or after "nature". It might not even be a concept. We conceptualize about it, but under mental constructs. We have no idea how quantum computers can work, but we know a little, & a lot about it's potential.

Come on bro, you must join the side of humanity incompetence here. On a computer? No, our universe is probably not. But something that computes? Yes most definitely.
But I'd like to point out that a universe need not be aware of itself to "compute" or operate this system we all live in. As you know, it is incredible by way of it's rules. So is an ant's biology so.... /cutting rant#2 short thanks for listening!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Now we just have to figure out how to induce a buffer overflow to shift registers around here and there and exploit it with out erasing or otherwise corrupting our own data. If we're being sandboxed, is there a way to break it?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I just don't like using reasoning in place of evidence for things like this. We haven't accumulated even CLOSE to enough evidence to identify the purpose of the universe (if there is one), so making assumptions about it (any assumption really) is bound to be completely wrong.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yep, like in Fringe, we just need to see if there are any "glitches", & we'll know it's simulated with bugs. Another good test. Any made system would have AT LEAST 1 bug SOMEWHERE. Unless..

It would have to be a combination of a self-growing computer that won't make mistakes, because of it's own replicating DNA sequences. That way a computer could be made to handle it's systems PERFECTLY.
I go further; you wouldn't even need to be super genius smarter to make it.
Just have to advance technology far enough to undergo a project to MAKE computer that will self-grow self-repair & self-learn. If humanity or whoever does this project, leaves enough power for this computer to flourish itself....IT COULD LAST FOREVER. What would this computer be doing to learn, if every1 that made it is dead, you ask? It would make AI to interact with eachother & log/file those experiences, and rinse repeat probably forever until REAL lifeforms came along. This is our most likely scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join