It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe A Matrix Computer Game Designed By Aliens, Say NASA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yournewswire.com...

British philosopher Nick Bostrom says he believes that the reality we perceive around us may be the product of a highly-advanced computer program, much like the plot of the Matrix movies – and surprisingly NASA have said they agree with him.

Dr Bostrom proposed in a paper he wrote that an evolved race of aliens have imprisoned the human-race in what he refers to as a “digital imprisonment”.

These aliens, or super-humans, are using virtual reality to simulate space and time, according to Bostrom

- See more at: yournewswire.com...

I for one am really tired of this game. Sometime I truly feel that my mind, my actions are being directed by something else. Thanks a lot NASA for making me even more uncomfortable.

Speaking to Vice the NASA scientist said, “Right now the fastest NASA supercomputers are cranking away at about double the speed of the human brain …If you make a simple calculation using Moore’s Law [which roughly claims computers double in power every two years], you’ll find that these supercomputers, inside of a decade, will have the ability to compute an entire human lifetime of 80 years – including every thought ever conceived during that lifetime – in the span of a month.” - See more at: yournewswire.com...

So NASAs super computers are only double the speed of the human brain? From my observations....that's not very fast! People can't even think fast enough to use their turn signals BEFORE they start their turn.

edit on 10-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+53 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It depends on whose brain were talking about Einstein or Kardashian...
edit on 5310352015vAmerica/Chicago05bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Easily solved though.
If true then surely NASA and the like are trying to figure it out?
Probably throwing their money away in the process on their brainstorming when the answers stare them in the face.

+3 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ironically if true that will be the easiest explanation for the universe.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jazz10
Easily solved though.
Probably throwing their money away in the process on their brainstorming when the answers stare them in the face.

Back in my academic days, even us slow thinkers saw that grant writing and research was a growth industry for those folk that "KNEW" the system and the big dogs in charge of the foundations or govt. funders.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder Who's playing me?

And how many lives do I have ?

Can I have God Mode please !

*sarcasm off*

People ask me "What movie scared you the most " hands down the Matrix , they look at me like I am crazy but the Idea of living in a computer simulation seems very plausible.

If we are all living in our own little reality theb what is reality out side of the one we know within our selfs? .

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12 I liked one of the comments that followed the article: "arasic Tiamat333 • 7 hours ago
"I'd rather have most of people thinking about this than what famous people eat for dinner, what they wear and so on.."

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: olaru12 I liked one of the comments that followed the article: "arasic Tiamat333 • 7 hours ago
"I'd rather have most of people thinking about this than what famous people eat for dinner, what they wear and so on.."

That's true except it's only the elite that are allowed to dwell on the banal, trivial world of the entertainment sector. The rest of us are to busy thinking about how we are going to scratch out a living in this obviously surreal and distorted place that passes for reality.

Perhaps I should apply for a grant to research the shoe string theory.
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 10-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If they are seeking help to figure it out would they make a public appeal?
Doubt it....it would create hysteria......because?
Because we are so out of synchronicity and balance.
The gap.....no void between richest and poorest is unfathomable considering the fact we share the same planet.

Equilibrium is the key. On all fronts.
We are what we allow and we are currently allowing a world of division and death. All to hold up global financial markets and monetary funds. Willing to sacrifice for money yet the answers and solutions are easily achievable if we put what we know in our hearts to be of the most importance........its not money and riches. It's each other.

The game.......we are on the wrong play book.

Mark my words.
End the unnecessary pain and suffering.
End poverty and homelessness.
Stop replacing manual labour with machines and robots then persecuting those who have inevitability been put out of work because of it.
Stop with the wars and conflicts that are ultimately started because of inequality.
Stop wasting more than another needs to simply survive.
Stop putting a price tag on treatments for ailments and illnesses that are cureable.
Raise the bar to which is a basic standard of living, daily food intake, water, clothing, education, sanitation.
Ebola for instance.........living in squalor no sanitation, clean water and a basic calorie intake yet on the other side of the planet they shoot for the stars?

I'll stop there.
But mark my words......if we change.....all of us, and see what is truly important and stop letting money decide and dictate our lives globally and stop it from restricting our choices.....then the qorld will change.

+51 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Graphics: 9/10
Storyline: 5/10
Fun Factor: 6/10

Could use a few patches here and there, but overall, an OK job.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
let's just say for a moment, this theory is accurate, that us and everything around us is a electronic simulation. then our universe in all of its glory is the size of a head of a pin in reference to its semiconductor, possibly much smaller. if true, imagine what could be simulated in this computer system, and also the possibility that this whole big bang happened in reference size of a small dot. Then since technology is ever advancing, our whole universe could be the simulation in the temporary memory of the toy of a child. like my old theory....imagine the whole universe..is a small box, in a huge warehouse, in an enormous complex, in a large city, in a huge country, on a giant planet, in a large solar system, in a huge universe, inside a small box, in a large warehouse, in a big complex, in an enormous city.........completely mind boggling....but.....possible.....

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Easily solved though.

It may not be designed so that it can be figured out.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
My reply to that would be.
That would depend if you believed everything you were told as facts.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hands down, out of all the theories I have ever read or come across, this ones most plausible. It actually explains A LOT, from the mundane yet bizarre syncronistic experiences up to and including the UFO phenomenon.

Law of Attraction fits in here also. Just like in games, you will it so hard enough it becomes reality, up to and including details of landscape, behaviors and the bonding of individuals. It is ourselves that keep us from the things we desire, we just don't see it. And when we get it, we don't recognize where it came from.

If a holographic universe is bound by group thought (we're all part of the whole), than the general consensus make our existing platform. Everyone creates there own reality (program) on a shared platform (group thought). This is really why wisdom is key, the more you know the more you can create for yourself. You don't need to lift a stone or split wood, it's within you.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Mark my words. End the unnecessary pain and suffering. End poverty and homelessness. Stop replacing manual labour with machines and robots then persecuting those who have inevitability been put out of work because of it. Stop with the wars and conflicts that are ultimately started because of inequality. Stop wasting more than another needs to simply survive. Stop putting a price tag on treatments for ailments and illnesses that are cureable. Raise the bar to which is a basic standard of living, daily food intake, water, clothing, education, sanitation. Ebola for instance.........living in squalor no sanitation, clean water and a basic calorie intake yet on the other side of the planet they shoot for the stars? I'll stop there.

Whew! Good. Because if we are avatars, none of what you wrote counts. It's all fake and you are controlled by a teenage alien still living in his Mom's basement. It's all an MMORPG, and what MMORPG doesn't have decent wars and battles? They all do and because this is all a game, none of your silly moralistic trivia and outrage over same amounts to anything. You were programmed to think that way so you'd be a better player. Congrats for following the script.

We do the same thing. We emulate our makers by creating games, making models from dollhouses to trains. We invent worlds and populate them, make our characters have wild adventures in places like Narnia and Middle Earth. We make movies and pretend they are real. We're compelled to do it, and if we pay attention, that's the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Now, here's the thing. When you "die" (which you won't, really) you'll get to meet the kid who's been controlling you your entire life and he'll say, "Good job. OK. Your turn!" And he'll give you the joystick and give you the opportunity to make your own avatars and have your own adventures with them. And, because you are who you are, some of them will have the same attitude then as you have now. The idea will be to see if you can manipulate them into a higher level over time. The more XP* they have the stronger they will become and the higher level they will be. And the higher level you will be because when they gain XP, so will you. You won't worry about your own experience as an avatar any more than when you awake from a dream, you'd want to go tell the dream it was fake. Besides, your new experience will be a lot more fun.

That's how this works.

Believe me or not. You'll find out the truth soon enough.

* XP = Experience Points

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Easily solved though.

I'll rephrase that.
It would be impossible to see or find the answers if you were to believe all that you were told to believe to be facts as facts.
Does anyone even question anything anymore?

Here's an example.
We only know what we do of our solar system second hand.
We are told planetary sizes distances and temperatures.
Yet temperatures on mercury and the differences between hot and cold dont make sense at all dur to its proximity and apparent distance from the sun?????
What if the sizes of each planetary body was the same yet the appearance was actually a direct relation to their ACTUAL distance from earth?
(I know but NASA or whoever says this that and the other)

Another thing ive asked
What if the sun isn't actually hot or not as hot as we would be led to believe? Wouldn't icecapped mountains be non existent been closer to the heat source....oh no cos the atmosphere is thinner.......

Or
could it not be that our atmosphere acts as does a magnifying glass does to gwnerate heat to such an extent we can create fire?
High and low pressure systems triggered by the solar electricity pushing and pukling at the planets aatmosphere compeessing, pushing and pulling and that the point we are all missing is the very fact that we ALL share another common factor.
Our Bio electromagnetic fields.

oh and while I'm at it I may as well go the full hog and mention that apparently our brains flip the information recieved by our eyes.......
I dont know if its a literal flip or just a concave to convex or convex to concave.....look in a spoon?
So this would lead me to ask you this.
look at the horizon.....would it curve upward or downward in the middle? Are we on or within Earth.....that should intersst hollow earth theorists.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Easily solved though.

Oh it can be figured out. Why do you think cults exist? These deep secret societies everyone's hemming and hawing about are creating realty through group thought. Those really nasty ones that sacrifice children and chant in unison using group thought are doing what I wonder?
oh, people know. Ever wonder why the term manifesting is synonymous with chanting. The more minds the stronger the power, it's elementary really. Where do you suppose the idea of ALIICE came from.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

That's my answer for the scariest movie as well. I can't imagine being in the prime of my life, having the plug pulled, and come to realize that everything I know is false. All the relationships, family members, and people you've known are all some computer construct that never existed in the first place.

There's an episode of Star Trek: TNG that kind of explores that. The episode is called "Inner Light". Picard gets hit with a beam that causes him to live 80+ years in the span of hours. At the end of the simulation, everyone he's met in the simulation over the course of that 80 years tell him that they aren't real and that he's only experienced their story.

To me, it's some kind of sick devastating joke if we are all living a personalized version of a computer construct.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
A star for you.
So I need to gain experience points?
And I thought my questioning everything was out there lol

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the religious forum since this is just about exactly what they used to say about our creators or gods. Could this be true? I see no evidence to disprove it. Our consciousness could just be a sophisticated computer program. Maybe not even alien, maybe the real beings of this world created it to weed out the spirits that inhabit their people.

There are many possibilities what this reality is. I am not limited to just considering what certain people in charge say it is. This could just be a computer interface learning program that is teaching us. We could all be two years old and this reality represents a bad part of the real beings history. This could be created in a hundred years with our advancement rate of computer technology.

But maybe I am not supposed to tell you this is a test ground for our minds. Not everyone can pass and be allowed to thrive in the real world. They will just kill off the bad ones in the computer program or never waken them and try another program till we learn to be truthful and good.

I could run with this and make a really good movie. The real beings would be what we consider gods or angels.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join