It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of a lost Mongolian tribe...Incredible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

Thats how to live-respect for mother nature and her creatures.

Us rabble in the "developed" world?
Man,we have got it so wrong...

Big respect to those tribes.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

wow. I was watching Bizarre Foods and he was in Kazakhstan.

In the episode he visits with a family of Eagle Hunters and goes into their diet.
From the looks of those pictures there's some similarity between the two.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This spoilt it for me... its great they still kept their way of life to some degree but lost tribe?

Many of the Dukha make their living off of tourists who either want to ride domesticated reindeer or buy their crafts.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Excellent thread and thanks! The Eagle Hunters blew my mind....so cool!

A bit off topic, and this is really odd, but this pic....

That person looks insanely similar to a monkey to me (in the face at least)....made me think about evolution for a minute.....
edit on 5/7/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
looks like paradise, beautiful

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Amazing pictures!

They're some gnarly folk! The type that'd do well in a mission to a certain red planet...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Its funny how so many on ATS big up this primitive lifestyle, and all from the comfort of their keyboards..... LOL!!

In truth, disease and infection is probably rampant in these types of living conditions.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
Its funny how so many on ATS big up this primitive lifestyle, and all from the comfort of their keyboards..... LOL!!

In truth, disease and infection is probably rampant in these types of living conditions.

They seem to have survived for a while, even if primitive.

I think most often, disease and infection are introduced from the outside, such as by the photographer that took these pictures. Similar to how it has happened to a lot of tribes over the years....foreigners come in with diseases not known to locals and they run rampant.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Really cool that there are still humans living like that.

On the artistic side of things, though, those images are way over-processed to create a dramatic effect. It actually distracts from what would otherwise be some very beautiful images.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Neat read. At first the reindeer thing was cool. Didn't seem like a big deal though,

then it's like "We train wolves too"

Ok, that's getting pretty cool.

So you got some reindeer and wolves, not bad......

"We have Eagles too"

Ummm, ok that's some badass # right there.

I want to role up to the club riding a reindeer, flanked by wolves with an eagle on my arm.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Loved this one... so cute

matadornetwork.com...

edit on 7/5/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thanks for this, the pictures are amazing!
grumbles.......

The admiration for these peoples "living with nature" really irk me. It's a harsh life and the work needed get's glossed over. That kid is smarter because he's had adult responsibilities all his short life! NOT because he "lives closer to nature".

Who among you would be able to work day in & day out like these folks? It's definitely not all rainbows & unicorns & communing with nature. Kudos to them for translating our tourist dollars into supplemental income!!
Hopefully we won't haul in some of our diseases as tourists and screw this all up.

It's always escaped me with the landscape of this area that Mongolia & Russia haven't invested in "a little" infrastructure to capitalize on eco-tourism. It's one of the most beautiful places on earth!!!!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Phenomenal! Thank you so much for sharing. I even donated money to help preserve their way of life. Such a worthy cause.

Besides, it's the least I can do considering I'm TOTALLY going to rip off some of these photos for painting subject matter!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Neat read. At first the reindeer thing was cool. Didn't seem like a big deal though,

then it's like "We train wolves too"

Ok, that's getting pretty cool.

So you got some reindeer and wolves, not bad......

"We have Eagles too"

Ummm, ok that's some badass # right there.

I want to role up to the club riding a reindeer, flanked by wolves with an eagle on my arm.

Ha...yeah, I was thinking the same....they start with the kid laying on a reindeer and just build from there....I would love to have my kids raised in an environment that is as "earthy" as this one....

I always hear people talk about humans being reverted back to the stone age.....doesn't seem like it would be so bad....I could deal with sleeping on my reindeer and playing catch with my wolf...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Actually, the more bacteria and viruses you're exposed to, the stronger your immune system is. Me and my fam are out in the country, up to our eyeballs in animals and dirt and we are super healthy.

It's the antiseptic bacteria-phobes that are sickly.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Totally agreed, I was like...................

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

I love It.

Mongolia is one the last remaining wildernesses on the planet and I'd love to see it firsthand-The sweeping plains, the Yurts, the nomadic lifestyle...If I wanted to leave my life behind, Mongolia would be the place I would go to start again.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
These people are gorgeous. And, better yet, they're genuine.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
What I'd give to live like this

Get your camping gear and move out! It is never too late to start a brand new life journey

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
These people are incredible.
Be sure to 'like' them on Facebook!
It would mean a lot to them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join