It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of a lost Mongolian tribe...Incredible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2015 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarstorm
Thought this would make for a nice break from Jade Helm, Baltimore, Ebola, Garland, ISIS etc...Enjoy.

THERE AREN’T MANY “LOST” tribes any more — the realities of the modern world means that most formerly nomadic people have settled down into cities, and that virtually everyone, for good or for bad, has been brought into the global fold. The Dukha tribe is one of the rare exceptions. The Dukha are a Tuvan-Turkic tribe that lives on the border of Mongolia and Russia, and they are best known as reindeer herders. But their connection with animals extends far beyond reindeer.

matadornetwork.com...

edit on 5/7/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: Posting Work Written By Others, ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Truely AMAZING!!! Can't believe conservative evangelicals think these amazing people will burn in hell for all eternity?!?!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thought this would make for a nice break from Jade Helm, Baltimore, Ebola, Garland, ISIS etc...Enjoy.

THERE AREN’T MANY “LOST” tribes any more — the realities of the modern world means that most formerly nomadic people have settled down into cities, and that virtually everyone, for good or for bad, has been brought into the global fold. The Dukha tribe is one of the rare exceptions. The Dukha are a Tuvan-Turkic tribe that lives on the border of Mongolia and Russia, and they are best known as reindeer herders. But their connection with animals extends far beyond reindeer.

matadornetwork.com...

edit on 5/7/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: Posting Work Written By Others, ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Truely AMAZING!!! Can't believe conservative evangelicals think these amazing people will burn in hell for all eternity?!?!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
They dont look too lost with the modern outer wear.

I also see they are enslaving the deer. PETA wont be too happy about that. Bring on the swat teams and shock troops!

(post by truckdriver42 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That's all sorts of majestic but I've experienced first hand just how idealized a culture can seem when viewed from an outside perspective. That's a hard life anyway you wanna slice it, and it's important to be grateful for the advancements which allow us to live as we do. There's a lot of drawbacks to modern civilization, and I'd agree that we should take a hint from some of the older ways of life moving forward, but I think most of technological progress has been for the best.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
ya but where do they go for vaykay? Beijing?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
That person looks insanely similar to a monkey to me (in the face at least)....made me think about evolution for a minute.....
Vera from the original Planet of the Apes popped into my head when you mentioned monkeys, so I gave it a side by side. Same hairstylist.

Seriously though, it appears the children have some beautiful facial traits, but the adults seem to be prematurely aged. Probably the effect of harsh weathering from the elements and nutrition, which might mean we'd look more like monkey's too, if we lived in similar conditions.
edit on 5/7/15 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They're probably happier than most civilized people.
a reply to: solarstorm

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: truckdriver42
a reply to: Entreri06

Wow, what a stretch. Let me guess, you are a pill popping, rainbow flag waving fruit cake that demands to be noticed?

So it's not a true statement??

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Evolution is correct, but Creationism is also correct. However, it appears that the Flood "may" have actually happened 13,000 years ago, not 6,000 years. This would fit in with the existence of the Jomon Japanese, and some sites that date to 7000, 8000 years ago.

Anyway, the history of this planet is far more fascinating than people think. For example, there exists a being called the Maitreya, with an army, living in one of the large caves of the Himalayas. This being is a combination of a Nordic and Shadow. It's not clear what he's doing, but it appears that he's waiting for the world to be destroyed, to come out and "restart civilization."

The Russian explorer Nicholas Roerich has tried to visit this cave, in search of what the Indians called "Shambhala"(the Heaven of Buddhism). However, it appears that he encountered a door that could not be open. If people want to learn more about it, read line 1504 of this document:

www.quickleak.ir...

I recommend that people read all of it, as it contains a lot of fascinating information(note, I did not get my information from this site, in fact, this was uploaded just a couple of days ago). I would say a lot of this information is accurate. However, there are some details that are a little mixed up. For example, the Grey Invasion did not happen in 1992, it happened in 2012(unbeknownst to us), and was already repelled by the Nordics.

I think things are starting to become very clear. Note that UFOs have been seen around Tibet also. In fact, someone claimed that he saw a moon size UFO while climbing the Himalayas. When you combine all of these "mythologies," they inevitably lead back to one thing.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've read about this tribe before, they're truly inspirational with their connection to nature.

We could learn not just a thing or two, but many things, from them if we just listen. They haven't endured this long by just pure luck!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

You're completely right in some of what you say, especially about the never-ending work to maintain a subsistence level existence

BUT

At the same time, because they are so close to the margin, they are also much closer to those things that are truly important in life. You won't find any of these people griping about first world problems; they have bigger fish to fry. The little things that so consumer us and seem to all-important would absolutely puzzle them.

There was a short-lived show on Nat. Geo. where they would take a self-important suburbanite family from the US and drop them into a culture like this for a week or more, and they would have to live the life. It was fascinating to watch the family learn to live the life and go through the culture shock and growing pains of adjusting to see the value in the way things are. It was also interesting to see them afterward and hear about what they'd learned and how it had affected their lives in deep and profound ways.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I find it funny that the two pictures where they are showing their teeth. The teeth are bright white

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'm guessing they wouldn't trade their life style for any other.
Beautiful.

I wouldn't count on it.

The grass is always greener, right? People here are looking at this with a romantic notion about how lovely and simple their traditional lives are, and believe that without knowledge of what we now have we would be happy too. What most people don't realize is that their lives are not simple, or romantic, they're a far greater struggle than the lives we have.

Our society didn't come about through magic, we created it thought want, need and necessity. If these people could turn on a tap and get clean water don't you think they would? If they could turn a dial and have fire, don't you think they would prefer that?

It's great to look at these people and admire them from the outside, but we shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking they have it better than we do. The fact is they would probably all trade their lives for our comforts the second they had the chance.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Those are some interesting pictures, what a way to live off the land. I like how they are close with nature, it must sooth the soul to feel so alive. Make no mistake about it, I am sure their lives are quite the struggle. Still, Its a long way from American Idol, McDonalds and faces stuck in their Iphones. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
2 questions :

infant mortality rate ?

average life expectancy ?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Calling them lost is rather western-centric. They don't seem very "lost" to me.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They are probably more happy than me. I'm addicted to electronics.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

matadornetwork.com...

Speaking of griping about first world problems ...

Do you honestly think they have time to waste caring about anything like that? I guess it's a good thing they have you to get offended for them.
edit on 7-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join