It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of a lost Mongolian tribe...Incredible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thought this would make for a nice break from Jade Helm, Baltimore, Ebola, Garland, ISIS etc...Enjoy.

THERE AREN’T MANY “LOST” tribes any more — the realities of the modern world means that most formerly nomadic people have settled down into cities, and that virtually everyone, for good or for bad, has been brought into the global fold. The Dukha tribe is one of the rare exceptions. The Dukha are a Tuvan-Turkic tribe that lives on the border of Mongolia and Russia, and they are best known as reindeer herders. But their connection with animals extends far beyond reindeer.

matadornetwork.com...

edit on 5/7/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: Posting Work Written By Others, ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm
I'm guessing they wouldn't trade their life style for any other.
Beautiful.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Very interesting find. It would be nice to know details of their diet. They are probably meat eater and possibly in a ketogenic state. I would be very interested to know the state of their teeth and their health in general.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It's incredible to see the tribe in harmony with the land and animals. Hopefully they stay in tact and left alone.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Absolutely stunning and incredible beauty! If they are kind of nomadic people, their winter life immediately commands my utmost sympathy. That means no indoor heating. Brrrr. Oh lordy, but those animals are truly gorgeous! Their heads seem bigger to me than North American reindeer. I love the way the people get along with nature. Let's hope the tourists don't corrupt that aspect of things, because they are very special. Thanks so much, OP.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I have read about these tribes and watched a few documentaries on them, they share similarities to Mongolian horse herders and Finnish Sami. They know, live and breathe their environment, similar to how our ancestors would have lived.
There is a lot to be learned from being in tune with the environment.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 7-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Beautiful, I wish I could meet them, and just be with them for a while - look at the link they have with nature and the fauna.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Now these people are who you get advice from before packing up the bug out bag and heading into the abyss ....

Thx for sharing

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I wonder what their cancer, depression and eating disorder rates are. That kid with the Eagle... Does he have a.d.d. or autism? Hey they aren't paying taxes!

Funny thing is what they are doing every day is what we might do during a dream vacation.
edit on 7-5-2015 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It's groups of people like this that make me realize just how much of our humanity we have actually lost in the desperate pursuit of progress.

That child with the eagle is probably wiser than most adults from our society.
edit on 7-5-2015 by WHWIV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
S+F thanks for posting this. Incredible pictures and it's amazing how they show how the tribes live their daily lives with the wildlife. I think they are probably the luckiest people alive I'm actually jealous of how they live. Probably healthier and happier than most of us living in our towns and cities

What I'd give to live like this

Thank you

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing! What a wonderful people. I think the article's label of "lost" is completely wrong though. We "civilized" folks are the ones who are truly lost in comparison to these people who are so in tune with nature and the way of the earth.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Thanks for that , im thinking i have 10 hours before i have to get up for work and they only go by sun up and sun down , although i am sure they can navigate by said sun .

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Its wonderfully refreshing to see an entire race of people who just want to be left alone. Love it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
S+F thanks for posting this. Incredible pictures and it's amazing how they show how the tribes live their daily lives with the wildlife. I think they are probably the luckiest people alive I'm actually jealous of how they live. Probably healthier and happier than most of us living in our towns and cities

What I'd give to live like this

Thank you

You think? Us westerners like to naively imagine the nomadic lifestyle was/is all lollipops and rainbows.

But the truth is its a very hard lifestyle and most people would end up riddled with chronic health problems at a young age. Due to a life of enduring constant vitamin deficiencies, extreme weather and from all the brutally hard work they put there bodies though, just to survive.

Anyway........... A fascinating insight, none the less.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Brilliant happy thread, thanks for sharing. Although i would take exception to the description of "lost" tribe - they aren't lost, they have just chosen not to modernise.

I have had a long fascination with Mongolia which expanded at University - i was there for a few years alongside Rinchinnyamyn Amarjargal (former Mongolian President). All i can say is what a fantastic people they are. The lifestyle that many still choose to live (most of the population still live in gers rather than in cities) is incredibly healthy, if not also incredibly hard (unforgiving landscape). However, they are an extremely friendly people - the landscape almost enforces it. For example, you can approach any ger and expect a friendly welcome. This is because you can go for weeks without seeing anyone and by the time you do, you may be in need of food or shelter - you are welcomed because it could be them in need in future......unfortunately this doesn't really cross over into western society.....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Somehow i dont think these people would trade their way of life for an extra 30 years . Granted i am sure i would not last too long living this lifestyle but it is always nice to dream .

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Mongols throughout history were renowned for their health. A simple example, back in history they were always known for having exceptionally healthy teeth (when tooth decay, gum disease, etc, was chronic over the rest of the world). They were always known for their hardiness, whether it was exremes of heat or cold - that isn't physically possible if you are unhealthy.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Dukha Health Project

Expected Results:
A cohesive plan for the Dukhas' health care which can be used by the Dukha people themselves, and by local, national and international health care givers;
Diminished eye, teeth and other health problems connected to vitamin deficiency (underway and ongoing since 2004)
Diminished heart disease, muscle weakness and other endemic health issues among the Dukha, connected to hypertension and anemia

This Wikipedia article about health assistance for nomadic Mongolians also touches on needing treatment for alcohol abuse, so depression and mental illness is obviously also an issue.

Nomadicare

I'm not trying to diminish the lifestyle of these amazing nomadic people, just putting the nomadic life into perspective. It may be a deeply spiritual existence, but it's no utopia, like us 1st world people like to perceive it as. They do need outside assistance to have any kind of quality of life.

btw, not trying to get all negative on everyone, I'm just a realist.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
One of the most beautiful things I have seen hands down!

I can get to within 10 yards of my local white tailed deer before they scamper. They will of course stomp at me long before that but stopping and going patiently, I get pretty close. I'm jealous of their lifestyle regardless of difficulty.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join