It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good day,

It's been a little while since I've posted, however I've recently come across some information that relates to another thread I posted regarding demonic possession etc.

As such this is sort of a continuation of my previous thread.

The name Apollo has many different meanings, however the one that interests me the most is that of light bringer.

Recently while posting in a thread I reached sort of an epiphany..he who brings light may not necessarily make you think of anything nefarious..however if we link the name of Apollo to that of Apollyon, we get a different kind of beast.

To quote an online source:

"The name Abaddon or Apollyon appears in Revelation 9:11: “They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon.” In Hebrew, the name “Abaddon” means “place of destruction”; the Greek title “Apollyon” literally means “The Destroyer.”

Taking from some other recent information I've come across, the "anti Christ" is here and has been since 2008.

What is interesting about 2008 is that many people I've met have had either visions of the end of the world or other occurrences around that time.

Furthermore, to link this to my previous thread regarding possession..when under that "influence" I was told that I would become Apollo, and I accepted the role not knowing what it meant.

Now I'm not saying I'm the anti Christ, but I wonder if anyone else received similar messages around that time.

Perhaps there was a type of mass recruitment, or warning going on once the supposed "anti Christ" took power in 2008.

Please remember this is the gray area
edit on 5-5-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The men in black mustve knocked on his door when he was mid speech

The god Apollo comes to mind. Was he the origin of the word?
edit on 5-5-2015 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Lol no they haven't showed up yet, I'm still labeled as crazy so it works in my favour

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Good question, and I suppose if we follow the history we are taught then one could say that the Greek god Apollo came first.

The problem with all things is that they are subject to interpretation, therefore making it impossible for anything to be 100% correct.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

According to your research, do you know who this apparent anti-christ is?

Also, do you think there was an occult/demonic meaning behind NASA's naming of the Apollo space missions?
edit on 5-5-2015 by FamCore because: added second question

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I wish I had more information like a name or something like that but unfortunately I don't.

I certainly believe there was an occult meaning behind the naming of the Apollo space missions, however it is important to distinguish between occult and demonic.

Occult doesn't necessarily mean demonic, although a great deal of literature has been written on the subject.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Are you sure She didn't say that you had the spirit of Apollo, that is totally different than being Apollo. It could refer to traits of Apollo, the ones that define who he is. If you look him up, he actually sided with some people and they tossed mice with plague into a city to sicken the residents then overthrew them. This is how he became called the destroyer. Also Apollo was sort of a person who fell in love easily. So having the spirit of Apollo could mean anything. Bay leaves actually stimulate the mind to keep a family together. They have properties similar to Moly I think. So Apollo's chasing after woman is related to bay leaves.

May I ask what the name of the spirit that mentioned this to you is and whether it tries you to do bad things? A good angel would promote truthfulness and kindness. Apollo was not actually an evil being from what I read, but some that were overthrown with his help would not really think of him as good.
edit on 5-5-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Your whole connection between Apollo and Apollyon falls apart with the slightest study of the etymology of Apollo. There are a number of scholarly etymological origins for this deity's name:

• Ἀπελλαῖος (Apellaios), a Doric month-name
• ἀπέλλαι (apellai), a festival celebrated during the Doric month
• ἀπελλαῖα (apellaia), offerings made during the Apellai festival
• ἀπέλλα (apella), a wall, fence, or enclosure (public square)

Among the popular etymologies (those not supported by scholarly evidence) you also have:

• ἀπόλλυμι (apollymi), meaning "to destroy"
• ἀπόλυσις (apolysis), meaning "to redeem"
• ἀπόλουσις (apolousis), meaning "to purify"
• ἁπλοῦν ( [h]aploun), meaning "simple"
• Ἀειβάλλων (aeiballon), meaning "ever-shooting"
• ἀπέλλα (apella), a Doric word meaning "assembly"
• σηκός (sekos), a word meaning "fold" as in sheep-pen

So, out of all of those, why do you think "to destroy" is the correct one? Why not "to redeem," or perhaps the several related to politics and the public square? There's also a fairly solid basis for believing he relates to the Month, festival, and offerings.

I think you're being intellectually dishonest by ignoring the alternate possibilities in favor of your pet theory.

If your revelations are the Truth, then you shouldn't need to obscure their meanings or leap through hoops to make them work. The validity of your words should be transparent, to any and all who look, regardless of their level of prior knowledge.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 5/5/15 by Wandering Scribe because: spelling error

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Apollo is related to the NASA space program and Richard Nixon's first term in office. Why did they call name it Apollo? Was it for esoteric reasons?

edit on 5/5/2015 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

For some, to redeem is not seen as the same thing as a rebirth, like it is to me. In my view of things, to redeem something it first needs to have been destroyed.

much like the other definition "purify"..to purify something you need to first cleanse it of the impurities.

I hope it is beginning to make a bit more sense now that you can pick my brain some more.

One thing I would like to clarify is that I am simply putting things together from my own collected knowledge and experience, and as such it will never be "valid" as a whole to anyone but myself.

Finally, I know there are many definitions for many different things in our world. Given that he was not a real person, we can imagine him to be anything we want.

The definitions placed upon such a figure hold as much weight as we allow them to.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

When I first was given the information, it seemed like a good thing..but then I turned around and I guess "I" chose to harm people instead of helping them.

In the end I'm sure the choice was inevitably mine, but only after it was all said and done did I realize the true nature of what happened between the "spirit" and myself

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

9 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. 6 During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8 Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails with stingers, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

It appears APOLLYON is supporting the CHRIST and not the anti, as those who the is king over are not told to harm those carrying the SEAL of GOD...

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

When I first was given the information, it seemed like a good thing..but then I turned around and I guess "I" chose to harm people instead of helping them.

In the end I'm sure the choice was inevitably mine, but only after it was all said and done did I realize the true nature of what happened between the "spirit" and myself

It is like giving a person a gun. What they do with the gun is based on their perception

Put any anger aside, that comes from you. Apparently you have already realized that.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

Apollo has been considered the destroyer way back in history. There are variations of the word, but Apollo was considered the destroyer before the bible was even written. Sure, they could have messed up two thousand years ago and gave it the wrong definition.

There are a lot of definitions for many words based on the application and alterations to the word. The two names in the bible seem to refer to Apollo, he is the guard of the gates of hell. Of course, the only one that will know that for sure are the ones who wrote it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Very interesting, thank you for posting that info

This topic is rather new to me..well it came to me one day, and I had to write it down so I wouldn't forget the connections (parallels) I had made.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Your analogy is spot on, these days I only wish I had even a fraction of the "power" I had.

In reality, knowledge is power, so I guess it's the knowledge that I've lost over time..I literally can no longer remember some of the rituals I used to conduct, and other small things that really gave them the added effect on the physical world.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Could you perhaps elaborate on the subject ?

I'm aware of the various theories regarding the Apollo mission, however I am more interested in hearing yours.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You actually did not have any power. The others have the power. You can ask them to do things and ask them for protection. Maybe you lost the ability to be recognized because you went up against a protected person. Certain people are well protected by strong guardians. if you did, it could have really turned your life around for the worse.

edit on 6-5-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Could you perhaps elaborate on the subject ?

I'm aware of the various theories regarding the Apollo mission, however I am more interested in hearing yours.

When the names for Mercury, Gemini and Apollo were picked by NASA it was not a mistake. All those missions were stepping stones to the moon.

The Chinese mission was also named after a lunar goddess Chang'e.

The goddess of the moon, daughter of a water god. She is the wife of Houyi, the heavenly archer. In Chinese, 嫦, "chang" means "immortal female" and 娥, "e," means "consort." Source www.pantheon.org...

The Japanese mission to the moon was also named after a lunar diety.

The orbiter's nickname, Kaguya, was selected by the general public. It comes from the name of a lunar princess in the ancient Japanese folktale The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.

In the end Kaguya is taken back to the moon were she was born as the princess of the moon. www.behindthename.com...

I think these missions are named for gods because on the moon there is evidence of ancient, god-like civilizations.

"Apollo" is a word of unknown origin and meaning. See here,

Meaning & History
From Greek Απολλων (Apollon), which is of unknown meaning, though perhaps related to Indo-European *apelo "strength". Another theory states that Apollo can be equated with Appaliunas, an Anatolian god whose name possibly means "father lion" or "father light". The Greeks later associated Apollo's name with the Greek verb απολλυμι (apollymi) meaning "to destroy". In Greek mythology Apollo was the son of Zeus and Leto and the twin of Artemis. He was the god of prophecy, medicine, music, art, law, beauty, and wisdom. Later he also became the god of the sun and light. Source www.behindthename.com...

If Apollo was a light-bringer then he is also Luciferian, right? If NASA chooses a Luciferian name for a space mission to the moon... what does that say about NASA?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Finally, I know there are many definitions for many different things in our world. Given that he was not a real person, we can imagine him to be anything we want.

The definitions placed upon such a figure hold as much weight as we allow them to.

I respectfully disagree with this line of reasoning. In regards to why, I'll use, as an example, the ancient Mesopotamian goddess Nisaba.

Etymologically, Nisaba's name breaks down into Nin + saba, two words that mean "lady" or "queen" (Nin) and "soapwort" (saba). Thus, Nisaba is the Lady of the Soapwort, and in her name we can see her original function: that of numen within the soapwort plant.

Now, just because Nisaba "never existed" doesn't mean we can make her the Lady of the Date Palm, as this completely contradicts her stated function, and imposes on the boundaries of another Mesopotamian figure, Inanna. whose name is composed of the word nin + an + na + ak, which, when taken together, mean Lady of the Date Palm.

The same goes for Apollo. Just because he "wasn't real" doesn't mean we can suddenly make him anything we want to. The people who did think he was real had a very strict definition of who he was, and what he ruled over. Ignoring that defeats the whole purpose of even studying ancient spiritual figures.

If all you're going to do is spin a yarn without any real backing, be honest and invent it wholesale for yourself. After all, if Apollo "never existed" then there's no difference in you creating your own New God to fill the empty spaces in your theory.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join