It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.A.R.E. gets duped by anti-pot satire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yea got to deal with D.A.R.E when I was younger.

Always chuckled about that, we used to say that it stood for Drugs Are Really Expensive. Was better when you saw the trailer they bought from one of the trailer shops in town. Nice big D.A.R.E logo and then right below that was Little Dealer Little Prices.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Is warning young children about the negativities of using any substance a bad thing while they are young and still in school?

Do you trust Them™ ... and your ATS handle is SheopleNation?

We don't need our kids exposed to propaganda at school. We need our kids to be exposed to reading, riting, and rithmatik.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am not in support of pot overuse

Casual is fine but becoming a pothead is equal to becoming an alcoholic.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Oh it gets better...or worse.

Gross...

A former D.A.R.E. officer is facing possible jail time over an alleged relationship with an underage girl.

The Rush County prosecutor filed charges against former Rushville Police Department D.A.R.E. Officer Cale Worley Friday, the Rushville Republican newspaper reports. Worley faces up to six years in jail on the charges of official misconduct and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Source

This guy gives bad cops a bad name.

I wonder how many people have spent or are spending more than 6 years for a plant.

Yet a little girl molesting cop faces "up to" 6 years..........

Think about that people.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'll be so glad when this prohibition of Marijuana is finally OVER!

There is no basis in reality for it to be illegal, and I think the people of the U.S.,and the world for that matter, are sick and tired of the BS.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

Please define "overuse".
Also, who gets to decide what is "overuse"?

....the idea that potheads and alcoholics are equal in any way or that cannabis is somehow physically addictive to the point it can be compared to alcohol addiction is, frankly......hilarious to me. But that's just me.

Experience (with both) tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i remember all that crap. i was coming up when dare was in full force.
the presentations and the lectures.
i took a lot of mental notes of all the drugs i wanted to try based on what they said the effects were.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
When I was in school I remember the DARE program quite well. Mid 90s I was in 5th grade, we had to write an essay in our DARE program about why we didn't want to do drugs or something like that.

I wrote about my father, an alcoholic and dead beat dad at the time. I wrote about how watching him deterred me.
This was around the time that my mother and him were fighting through a divorce quite often and I was obviously being influenced by her disdain for him at the time, so she had a hand in helping direct that writing (she was no saint, btw)

.....Needless to say, I won that competition and got a sweet CD player and some other prizes.
Today, I have mixed feelings about that essay.
Later in life, I befriended my father (never really my "dad") and realized where people go wrong and then I got older, got married, feel into addiction myself....and realized, it wasn't that he was "evil" or "a bad person" or anything of the sort.....I was lied to about the causes of drug/alcohol abuse.
I seen a lot of him in me....and realized I was judging (beforehand) something I knew nothing about.

Anyways...no idea where I was going with that and it's a bit off the rails. Just wanted to add it since the only other comment I've made in the thread was directed at someone and I didn't want it to just be an "attack", it wasn't necessarily....

while I laugh at these idiots that bought this story...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorinoFer

I am not in support of pot overuse

Casual is fine but becoming a pothead is equal to becoming an alcoholic.

Question. Is someone who smokes pot all day and every day as medicine (legally prescribed) considered a pothead? And I'm talking about someone taking THC heavy medicine, not CBD medicine.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
D.A.R.E. gets duped by anti-pot satire

Everyone remember D.A.R.E. the government ran anti-drug propaganda program that sends officers into schools to lie about drugs in the hopes of keeping kids from using them? .

Wait, so you think trying to convince kids from using drugs is a bad thing? Sorry, but that is as far as I got into this pro drug propaganda piece you are pushing here.

You DO realize that D.A.R.E. has been shown to be COMPLETELY ineffectual at what they do right? This isn't some information from pro-drug propaganda. It's pretty much been proven scientifically.

Here are mainstream links throughout the years that consistently say that D.A.R.E. is completely ineffective.

Drug Abuse Resistance Education: The Effectiveness of DARE

Just Say No to DARE

Stossel: Drug Program Doesn't Work

Then, because you couldn't be bothered to read the article, we have a case where DARE got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, pushing clearly made up satire as real truth. In other words, Propaganda. And here you are defending them because you are going off on some dumb tangent like I'm trying to support pushing drugs on kids. Like the pharmaceutical companies don't already do that legally anyways...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Trying to talk reason and sense to TinFoilTP is pointless and hopeless. He is set in his beliefs and will not change them, regardless the factual information you provide. It will always be "pro drug" because it isn't anti drug to the core.

It's hilarious. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to someone from some long ago era when I see such posts.

...damned dopers!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

True enough. Maybe I'm just a glutton for the punishment. His posts are entertaining to read though. I wonder if he approves of DARE lying about marijuana saying that "every time a joint is smoked, 4 teenagers are burdened with pregnancy" is a good thing?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If Kids are going to do drugs they will. Its going to take a whole lot more than any program (no matter how good the program is)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I wonder if he approves of DARE lying about marijuana saying that "every time a joint is smoked, 4 teenagers are burdened with pregnancy" is a good thing?

I don't know if he does or not...but I think it's a GREAT thing.
Seeing such ludicrous lies allows the youth to pursue a high truth at a much younger age.
Seeing the ridiculous nature of such a claim also allows [some, hopefully many] parents to realize what a farce the "DARE" program is and always was.

Time to break the cycle....them shooting their own feet off is a good step forward.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Well that's why I certainly posted the article. More people need to call those crap out and show it for what it is. Why is the government still FUNDING this program? The fact that is the case shows that not enough people acknowledge that the program is ineffectual and possibly even detrimental.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
If Kids are going to do drugs they will. Its going to take a whole lot more than any program (no matter how good the program is)

What should really be explored is the possible predisposition of the mentally ill to seek out drug use. Usually the wording goes that marijuana/drugs leads to schizophrenia and other mental illnesses. However, what gets lost there (because the people usually trying to make that link are anti-drug people) is the opposite, that these people are seeking out drugs as a form of self-medication. That it is helping them in some way to cope.

P.S. I have ADD.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

well sure, There are all sorts of reasons kids are using drugs these days

Id rank peer pressure/Social Acceptance as the number 1.

For my AP statistics survey I asked
"How often do you consumer marijuana"? Choices: Never, Sometimes, and Regularly

The Kids who responded "Never" folded their papers in half
The kids who responded "sometimes or regularly" openly handed their slip to me.

Is this because it is considered Socially cool/acceptable to smoke pot? Or maybe its because the kids who smoke pot don't care what others think, and are willing to boast it.

Maybe Ill make a post about the survey.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Heh. That's an interesting social experiment. If you made a thread on it, I'd participate. Though be careful, we aren't supposed to talk about personal use on these boards.

But what I'm talking about may actually be a real correlation that I feel should be explored with an actual scientific study.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Oh it gets better...or worse.

Gross...

A former D.A.R.E. officer is facing possible jail time over an alleged relationship with an underage girl.

The Rush County prosecutor filed charges against former Rushville Police Department D.A.R.E. Officer Cale Worley Friday, the Rushville Republican newspaper reports. Worley faces up to six years in jail on the charges of official misconduct and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Source

This guy gives bad cops a bad name.

I wonder how many people have spent or are spending more than 6 years for a plant.

Yet a little girl molesting cop faces "up to" 6 years..........

Think about that people.

The only reason we even still have marijuana prohibition is because the second it federally legalized, the Prison Industrial Complex will collapse overnight.
Good thing the PIC lobbyists won't ever let that happen.

www.hiphopisread.com...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I think escaping the nightmare that is materialistic society is the actual reason behind all substance use, even if purely unconscious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join