It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.A.R.E. gets duped by anti-pot satire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Whenever D.A.R.E comes to school its considered nap time...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I remember back in school, I believe 7th grade, watching some high school news thing in class about how marijuana causes brain damage and retardation.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

KS you find THE best articles and newsy bits on this particular topic.

But this, it takes the cake.

I got a great laugh...Gummy Satans!

S&F X 100!!
edit on 5-5-2015 by lovebeck because: I quoted the OP as Satan Gummies when, in fact, it should have read Gummy Satans!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

I remember my 5th grade DARE presentation. It went something like this:

A reefer madness lecture about the dangers of marijauna

Then he passed around something to show us the smell of marijauna

Then asked if anyone had ever smelled that in their home...

DARE Scare: Turning Children into Informants

I heard about this practice....But what did they pass around?

What smells like MJ, except MJ??

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Not sure what it really was; cannabis cologne, incense, real MJ, something they used to train the K9?

I couldn't see inside

I'm 33, so it was probably 1993ish if it wasn't real they had the ability to recreate the smell,
It was my first encounter with MJ, since I was 11, I remember thinking it smelled terrible

edit on 5-5-2015 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ah yes, D.A.R.E

Southpark did a fantastic impression of what they're like

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

"Marijuana. It is one of the most dangerous drugs on Earth," the author concludes ominously. "For every one joint of marijuana, four teenagers become burdened with pregnancy."

It always amazes me that they never list white sugar as one of the most dangerous gateway drugs known to humankind. How many children are given sugar every day and then grow up to be obese diabetic type 2 addicts that started with a simple jelly donut when they were children?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
If I had a kid in school and these D.A.R.E. people were coming to talk to the kids that day I would hold my kid out.

This is just more insanity from those who know not about what they are speaking. Getting spoofed by this article shows immense stupidity.

So if the speaker was coming to discuss the dangers of alcohol, would you hold them out too? Is warning young children about the negativities of using any substance a bad thing while they are young and still in school? I would love to hear your response. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I remember back in school, I believe 7th grade, watching some high school news thing in class about how marijuana causes brain damage and retardation.

Well it supposedly only actually causes temporary retardation. It certainly does not help a young human being excel in their School studies. That much we do know. ~$heopleNation
edit on 5-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think most of the pot community agrees that kids shouldn't use it. In the U.S. states where marijuana has been legalized the age-of-first-purchase (and hopefully first use) of 21 has been legally settled, and arguably scientifically settled. Maybe honesty would call for some major marijuana names, like Bill Maher, publicly calling for children, teens, and even pre-21 year olds not to use the plant recreationally, and to talk about it more, and the anti-pot people should bring the entire point of contention to the under 21 use, and advocate legalization for people 21 or older. A logical compromise of a long-fought out point-of-view argument, maybe where two sides can meet, and the anti-marijuana people should admit that the research isn't going the way they expected and may have been influenced by fear and misinformation. But, yeah, under 21, wait for it. And get off the nicotine for sure, at any age.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Yes. Life is too short to waste listening to propagandists.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Yes. Life is too short to waste listening to propagandists.

SpanishArcher, You have failed to answer the question my friend. I really hope that it has not come to the point now with you guys that you're actually pushing for young kids to use marijuana?

I am all for adults being able to use it, but I believe that it's destructive for children trying to get an education. Surely you cannot be pushing for them to be intoxicated while in school, or even while at home? ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just had a flashback to 3rd grade when we mentally abused our DARE officer so terribly he had a violent outburst & screamed "Y'all are the devil!"

Ah, to be young again.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante

[[.....]]

By the time we knew he had a problem (not mj, but narcotic pain medicine), he was totally hooked.
So basically the DARE officers and programs made the situation worse by aiding and abetting (unwittingly, perhaps) drug use in these kids..

On the nose. Weed as taught by D.A.R.E. is a guaranteed first round strike out with the inevitable drug reassessment all grown children do. It's made 1000x worse because the parents/school mostly all play perfectly along!!! Not soon after, we children blatantly find out weed wasn't even close to how bad DARE reported; & before u know it we don't feel safe taking any one's word on the safety/fun ratio of FACTUALLY dangerous & FRIGHTENINGLY addictive substances (mostly prescriptive), but our own. Devastatingly close right up to some unclearly drawn line of where addiction may or may not be. It lines some poor kid right up to taking a very long walk off that possibly unstable pier, & completely unnecessary! All this dusty Weed fiction does is propagate dangerously into the only kernel of actual truth those braindead cops could hope to give as a positive message to these kids! Facking Failures!

Also, I always thought it was way too purposeful. Using stuffed animal mascots & beyond. Not to mention distrust of law enforcement after you find out the truth.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Arrestme because: da

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I love how the article say that the candies caused COPD, lol.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Education? Where, whose doing this so called educating? All I see are mini-prisons teaching children how to become automatons.

They already are intoxicated at school, at home, pretty much anywhere they want. Back in my day most of the people I hung with were intoxicated and it's easier nowadays with all the pills around. You think anything about human nature has changed in the last quarter century? Methinks not.

I also wonder if you have read the thread and all the stories about how these sessions actually have made it easier for kids to hide things, etc. so the tired argument that it's for the children is ridiculous.

How did I ever intimate that I was pushing for kids to use pot? Nope, I never said that. You have the right to think whatever you want but I never said that. I also realize this is a exercise in futility as my mind won't be changed and I doubt yours will.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Everything posted in that article is actually 100% correct. I know that because I'm a D.A.R.E. graduate myself.

I'll read your replies as I hit the bowl and finish my beer.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Everyone remember D.A.R.E. the government ran anti-drug propaganda program that sends officers into schools to lie about drugs in the hopes of keeping kids from using them? .

Wait, so you think trying to convince kids from using drugs is a bad thing? Sorry, but that is as far as I got into this pro drug propaganda piece you are pushing here.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
wore my old D.A.R.E shirt while I smoked once and had a ridiculously grand old time.

Funnily enough, I think it's safe to say that this article is even more ridiculous. Wow. I'm all for protecting kids against drugs. But this is just stupidity. Stupidity that, unfortunately, many people probably BELIEVE. T_T

D.A.R.E is such a useless program. I remember being in that thing and thinking, "wow, why are they even teaching us about these things?! That's gonna hurt somebody--because like this is this first I'm hearing of such things so it must be the same for others! Luckily I'm not a dummy but idk about everyone else!!"

like dingdingding! stupid idea alert stupid idea alert!

This program is likely responsible for kids trying drugs at young ages in the first place. I was not one of those kids, thank goodness, but I am sure plenty were. And D.A.R.E seems like it probably acted as a GATEWAY to DRUGS. ZERMERGERD YATHINK?! yeah. I think so. Marijuana is less of a gateway than having a daily glass of 2% milk for crying out loud. Therefore, D.A.R.E is probably a WAY bigger gateway than even stupid inattentive parents.

The D.A.R.E program does nothing good for anyone--and they know it, too! That's why they openly lie--for MONEY!

Yes, they likely know that they're spewing B.S.

But they do it anyway because SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM $.

We should make a petition for D.A.R.E to be disbanded because it endangers kids at an impressionable age with info best saved for parents to teach the kids versus some weird cop with a creepy coloring book about drugs. Like for real. Or it should be an optional class for only people who sign up for it outside of school or something. Let's get it OUT of the classroom.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Everyone remember D.A.R.E. the government ran anti-drug propaganda program that sends officers into schools to lie about drugs in the hopes of keeping kids from using them? .

Wait, so you think trying to convince kids from using drugs is a bad thing? Sorry, but that is as far as I got into this pro drug propaganda piece you are pushing here.

I think the point is, D.A.R.E. was a program full of lies, just like the lies told in Reefer Madness which everyone simply laughs at like it's a satire skit from Saturday Night Live. When you lie to kids about drugs, and then they grow up and learn they were told lies, everything they were told about drugs goes out the window.

Not only is there the DARE program, but when I was in high school I remember these anti-pot ads that showed kids smoking pot and subsequently getting raped or accidentally shooting their friend with a gun. Meanwhile, back in reality, we were all laughing at the bull# coming form our government who has lied to us all our lives.

Nobody is saying we should stop trying to deter kids from using drugs. We're implying we should stop lying to kids about drugs. That way, when we tell them about all the bad # that can happen when drugs are used, they will actually believe us.

Don't you think telling the truth about drugs would be a far better method than lie based fear mongering?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join