It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I didn't know much about Freddie Gray, but I looked up information about him. His family sued Baltimore earlier over the lead paint issue.

Lead paint case

He was arrested and jailed for illegal possession of a firearm

The knife then would have been illegal if he were on probation.

Assault second degree

23 court cases on this page alone.

He wasn't just some innocent guy, he was arrested many times. He was arrested for assault, illegal possession of firearms and drug dealing.

It may have just been a case of a guy being accidentally killed while in police custody, but his history of violence speaks for itself.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Neutrality
a reply to: Sremmos80

Have you ever made a right turn in your vehicle that wasn't an excessive right turn, but caused something in your car to move? That would be the Freddy Gray situation. Simple physics.

So then that would be mean every summer on vacation when dad screams in the back seat "Don't make me stop this car" would also be the Freddy Gray situation? You know, when the kids in back are so out of control...

Simple physics right?
How does that relate at all? Kids in the back, in a cushioned seat (absorbing friction) seatbelted (also absorbing friction) compared to the back of a van, metal seats offering little to no resistance, NOT seatbelted, and NO use of limbs to also help absorb friction.

That comment makes literally ZERO sense.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

I didn't know much about Freddie Gray, but I looked up information about him. His family sued Baltimore earlier over the lead paint issue.

Lead paint case

Assault second degree

He wasn't just some innocent guy, he was arrested many times. He was arrested for assault, illegal possession of firearms and drug dealing.

It may have just been a case of a guy being accidentally killed while in police custody, but his history of violence speaks for itself.

Your links are 404'd...but I have seen his long rap sheet elsewhere. It's impressive.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Neutrality

lol ok

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

GPS is not accurate enough to determine that, not even remotely close.

I think the various street-cam videos along the route will plainly show if the paddy wagon was driving erratically. Hopefully more of them are being analyzed. The one shown on CNN tonight didn't show anything other than a normally driven van.

Maybe that other prisoner was not lying when stating that Freddie was trying to injure himself in transit.
cwm

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

explain the similarity if you please, instead of just lol?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

explain the similarity if you please, instead of just lol?

I did.. you didn't understand the point.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Well this is a surprising turn of events!! I was worried what was going to happen when the State Attorney didn't get an indictment (I didn't think it was likely because no one seems to know what actually happened insid the van).

So this then take us to the next big question (which I realize can't be answered since they don't want the officers to be able to pre-rehearse their explanations): DOES THE STATE ATTORNEY HAVE ACTUAL EVIDENCE OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE VAN??

Honestly in this day and age, every $25 cellphone can take decent quality video, so there's really ZERO reason that any police officer, vehicle and holding location should not be equipped with a 720p camera +audio.

I'm tired of the stupid arguments against body cams. Any officer who interacts with suspects should be mandated to wear one which is unable to be de-activated.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So comparing a family vacation to a ride in the paddy-wagon was supposed to make a point? How about addressing the points I made rather than a hypothetical scenario that in no way relates to it?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Lead paint case

Assault second degree

Your links are 404'd...but I have seen his long rap sheet elsewhere. It's impressive.

Hmm, well, then go here. Type in his name and his birth date is 08/1989

I never heard that lead paint can cause behavior like that, but perhaps it was a combination of a lot of things. I don't think the police did it on purpose, it reminds me of the Madea movie when she was arrested and fighting with the cops.

He was only 25 years-old, surely someone could have helped him sooner. I don't agree that the police would have killed him with intent. It is a terrible thing for this to happen. I don't know how to solve the problem.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

But they are. Everything LAW related should be recorded at all times, but well we still have police fighting against body-cams, I wonder why?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

A person in the back seat of a vehicle travelling at 70 miles per hour can bang his head against the side of the car and injure himself without it being because of physics, the car travelling 70 miles an hour, or the person driving.

Up to speed now?

edit on 2-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You don't say? I never knew that /sarcasm off. Do you realize the force you would need to sustain the injuries he did? I'm guessing no. Do you realize the coroner ruled his death a homicide? I'm guessing that's also a no.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

No the knife was not illegal, that is from the words of the police department.

Yes he had a history, what does that change?
Or should we just kill criminals?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

A person in the back seat of a vehicle travelling at 70 miles per hour can bang his head against the side of the car and injure himself without it being because of physics, the car travelling 70 miles an hour, or the person driving.

Up to speed now?

How about this for a solution, let's just put CC cameras in every police car that links directly to every prosecutor and defense attorneys' law offices and then link them up to CNN?

Perhaps then we can have cameras on every light pole, traffic sign and signal, and then we have every citizen armed with cameras to record everything their neighbors are doing. After all, the Department of Homeland Security says "if you see something, say something".

Let's just be monitored 24 hours a day, because apparently we are too ignorant and helpless to police ourselves.

Let's just create a website dedicated to monitoring each other. The police need our help, not our criticism. So let's start policing our neighborhoods ourselves.

This way, if we monitor each other 24/7, there would be a reduction in children being abducted, gang violence, the knock out game, racist hate crimes (the knock out game is a hate crime) and various other nefarious activities.

OK, put the cameras on the police, will that stop criminals? Will any criminal ever say "oh, that cop has a camera, I better not do anything while he is around".

It is so easy to go too far on the other side. I think we should start looking at the causes, not the end result of the causes.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You don't say? I never knew that /sarcasm off. Do you realize the force you would need to sustain the injuries he did? I'm guessing no. Do you realize the coroner ruled his death a homicide? I'm guessing that's also a no.

They also stated the cause of death is related to an injury sustained in the back of the van, specifically a bolt. Now, if the van is not moving fast enough to cause that injury then how did it happen?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

because its as much of a deterrent as the death penalty is.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Using gps tracking, which shows route and speed, explain how the injuries occurred if the van was not going fast enough.

I'll ask again, what if it doesn't show that?

It seems you are implying that it will, sorry if I misinterpreting that

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Also, you are not grasping the fact of a RESTRAINED person. A person with bound limbs has little to no control in a car ride of any sort with no restraints and no FRICTION to cause restraint. Get it now?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

What I am saying is the arguments being presented in favor of the police being responsible also show the arguments against the police being behind it just a plausible.

All it takes is for one juror to go - "eh, I don't think so".

Without specifics - IE the injury occurred here, here and here by this person, this person and this person during this time frame at this point at this location all you have is 6 different theories on how this person died, which is not going to be enough to convict imo.

Prosecuting individuals to please the public is not justice in any sense of the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join