It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Baltimore Mom Deserves A Mother of the Year Award!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Blaming entire groups for the crimes of a few is stupid, but surprisingly common.

True, but that goes both ways.

I was glad to see several black leaders from the community step up and not make excuses and accept responsibility and shame for what happened unlike the race baiter’s Al Shaprton and Jesse Jackson.

Hopefully good comes from this and the victim mentality goes away.

This race baiting thing by the MSM is nothing more than a form of controlling the people by keeping them fighting among each other and diverted from real issues.

I agree. There has to be division or else people will see just how similar we all are. And once we see that we're all just people, we'll unite & start working on common interests. Like higher wages, better living conditions, lower costs of living, better & cheaper health care, etc. and the world's powerbrokers can't have that. "Divide and Rule" is the name of the game.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: andy1972

The 1st amendment can justify it

No, no it can't.

The 1st amendment gives the right to the people to PEACEABLY ASSEMBLE (note the term PEACEABLY)..

That DOES NOT include throwing molotov cocktails, burning, looting, raiding, raping trash cans and a long line of etc's.
edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: andy1972

The 1st amendment can justify it

No, no it can't.

The 1st amendment gives the right to the people to PEACEABLY ASSEMBLE (note the term PEACEABLY)..

That DOES NOT include throwing molotov cocktails, burning, looting, raiding, raping trash cans and a long line of etc's.

Thanks for ignoring the rest of the post.

Good form!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Well said.

I would love for a black and white united movement to start. I think its about time the people stand up to the obvious race baiting the MSM is doing.

Its disgusting. Maybe we can get it going here on ATS . I think I might start a separate thread for this.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
So this teenaged boy decided to go out, after school, in his "riot gear" with his face covered and acting out with his friends in Baltimore.

This is what happens when his mom catches him:

Kudos to her!

If MORE mom's and dad's actually gave a crap and did things like this, the world wouldn't be such a mess. I don't blame her ONE bit for whooping his a** on video...He's out acting like a thug and she treated him like one.

She deserves Mother of the Year, IMHO. At least in Baltimore, anyway.

I can honestly tell you my mom would have done the same thing. In fact, she would've grabbed my mask off, and pulled me towards the cameras, saying something along the lines of "If you want to be a big man and riot, then show your big man face!!!"

She would be right, too. Protesting is one thing, full out rioting does nothing but make everyone look bad, and ruins the cause you're fighting for.

If I could give this woman a hug, I would. If I was there, I'd help her catch her son so she could continue. That boy has a lot to learn, hopefully he learns to straighten up before it's too late.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Well said.

I would love for a black and white united movement to start. I think its about time the people stand up to the obvious race baiting the MSM is doing.

Its disgusting. Maybe we can get it going here on ATS . I think I might start a separate thread for this.

I agree. My friends & colleagues in real life have all kinds of "no holds barred" conversations like that. We ask about religious denominations, ethnic stereotypes, nationalism issues for the immigrants, etc. It's cool seeing people band together on some issues they thought they were in disagreement about, then turn around & have to defend or reject other stereotypes.

On a side note, I introduced some of my white friends to the tv show "Boondocks". At first, they didn't know if they should laugh or be horrified (if you've seen it, you'll know why). It was hilarious at first (for me), then I described how the show actually exposes a lot of issues in our communities. And how many black people hated it for being way too sensational, while others love it as a satire. I had to describe many of the issues mentioned in the show & pull up real news stories that the show was satirizing, but now they get it. It's just a tv show, but it's funny how it can break the ice on American racial issues.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
saw this in gang thread, thought it would fit here right nice. Thanks Spider879
notice that you don't see the first hoodie or covered face.

Spider879's post

I'm so confused. Those people really like Jay Z and Rocafella Records?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant You are probably too young to know about this, but there was a similar event in the past. I guess I was thinking of May 4, 1970 when at Kent State University in OHIO. Four students were killed and nine students were injured by the National Guard. All the students were unarmed and demonstrating. Their event was nothing like what we all saw on TV last night from Baltimore, Maryland.

No I am not stereo typing. I live in SC and have had renters for ten years. The black man always moves out and leaves the wife. The blacks don't marry because they support their families on government programs. I have seen this happen personally three times. They women and families can not afford to stay and pay when their man runs off on them. The women are the men in their culture. They stay and take care of the children and grandchildren and work a job, while the men stand on a corner somewhere and cause trouble. No, not all blacks are this way. Just the ones with that mental state.

I also lived in KY four different times. Those folks can also be rough and tough. They will tell you what you want to hear, then stab you in the back figuratively. The whites end up in jail for their crimes, and there is no rioting because they know they did something wrong against society. Cincinnati had African American riots in the early 1990s. Again it was the blacks mad about what a cop had done. These issues in society really need some work. It is frustrating for everyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What a great job mom! I am so glad that this was recorded. I've been saying it for years. The black community needs to hold themselves accountable for their actions if they want to see change. They can get angry that a young black man gets killed by the police (rightfully so) but they are going about it the wrong way. They choose a blind eye to the hooligans in street gangs.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
a reply to: enlightenedservant You are probably too young to know about this, but there was a similar event in the past. I guess I was thinking of May 4, 1970 when at Kent State University in OHIO. Four students were killed and nine students were injured by the National Guard. All the students were unarmed and demonstrating. Their event was nothing like what we all saw on TV last night from Baltimore, Maryland.

No I am not stereo typing. I live in SC and have had renters for ten years. The black man always moves out and leaves the wife. The blacks don't marry because they support their families on government programs. I have seen this happen personally three times. They women and families can not afford to stay and pay when their man runs off on them. The women are the men in their culture. They stay and take care of the children and grandchildren and work a job, while the men stand on a corner somewhere and cause trouble. No, not all blacks are this way. Just the ones with that mental state.

I also lived in KY four different times. Those folks can also be rough and tough. They will tell you what you want to hear, then stab you in the back figuratively. The whites end up in jail for their crimes, and there is no rioting because they know they did something wrong against society. Cincinnati had African American riots in the early 1990s. Again it was the blacks mad about what a cop had done. These issues in society really need some work. It is frustrating for everyone.

Wow. So you saw something happen 3 times, therefore all of "the blacks" must fit that description? Well, my black parents are still married after 30+ years. So how does that fit into your world view? Men abandoning their families has nothing to do with black or white. It happens in every culture on the planet. Same for poverty, same for violence, same for people "stabbing you in the back figuratively", and same for rebellious youth. That's part of the human condition and every community has that. So why is it that only our communities get the negative stereotypes?

The Russian Mob, the Italian Mafioso, the Latin American Cartels, the Japanese Yakuza, and American organized crime syndicates are far more dangerous, far larger, and far more influential than inner city street gangs. But the groups I mentioned before are glamorized on tv & in movies. And they don't get nearly the same negative stereotypes or media backlash. So why don't we speak on them?

And as for Kent state, why not mention the Jackson State killings? That incident happened a mere 11 days after Kent State's catastrophe, yet it gets ignored. I wonder why? It was a similar situation with a similar cause & a similar result.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
What a great job mom! I am so glad that this was recorded. I've been saying it for years. The black community needs to hold themselves accountable for their actions if they want to see change. They can get angry that a young black man gets killed by the police (rightfully so) but they are going about it the wrong way. They choose a blind eye to the hooligans in street gangs.

It's funny you mention people turning a blind eye to "hooligans". When are your communities going to do something about "soccer hooliganism"? People get maimed & sometimes killed, businesses get destroyed, and there are always a lot of arrests. Sounds familiar right?

However with "soccer hooliganism", nobody blames the entire communities and ethnic groups. They blame the individuals committing the crimes & deal with those individuals in the court of law. And that's how it should be. Individuals are only responsible for their own actions. Shocking isn't it? When individuals riot, you find out which individuals did it & press charges. But when our communities riot, you blame and label all of us as a collective. Double standards, huh?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

It's funny you mention people turning a blind eye to "hooligans". When are your communities going to do something about "soccer hooliganism"? People get maimed & sometimes killed, businesses get destroyed, and there are always a lot of arrests. Sounds familiar right?

However with "soccer hooliganism", nobody blames the entire communities and ethnic groups. They blame the individuals committing the crimes & deal with those individuals in the court of law. And that's how it should be. Individuals are only responsible for their own actions. Shocking isn't it? When individuals riot, you find out which individuals did it & press charges. But when our communities riot, you blame and label all of us as a collective. Double standards, huh?

Why is it that, in post after post, your main thrust is to deflect away from the problems in the "black community", however that is defined, by asking "but what about this, and what about that" (other problem in other segments of society)?

There are problems that should be discussed, referencing virtually every cross-section of society. It is not particularly productive to attempt to stifle discussion on a specific topic, by protesting "but why aren't we talking about something else"?

I am not saying that any of your points are necessarily inaccurate, in and of themselves, just that I think you are using an inappropriate argumentation tactic - that detracts from the interactions on the topic at hand itself.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

It's a culture of violence and ignorance. Civility isn't one of the back communities strong points.

Hey now, no it's not. Your letting the actions of some grade schoolers and knot heads color your opinion of a whole group of people.

A culture of violence and ignorance can easily be said about white folks too, with evidence, let's not go there and make blanket statements of the actions of a few.

And that last statement is as ignorant as it comes. Nice to see that folks get their opinions of black people from the television rather than talking to a few.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Why is it that, in post after post, your main thrust is to deflect away from the problems in the "black community", however that is defined, by asking "but what about this, and what about that" (other problem in other segments of society)?

There are problems that should be discussed, referencing virtually every cross-section of society. It is not particularly productive to attempt to stifle discussion on a specific topic, by protesting "but why aren't we talking about something else"?

I am not saying that any of your points are necessarily inaccurate, in and of themselves, just that I think you are using an inappropriate argumentation tactic - that detracts from the interactions on the topic at hand itself.

Look at the posts I'm responding to. They keep attacking black communities and black people as a whole. That's why. I completely disagree with the notion of blaming entire groups for the crimes of the few. And I keep mentioning that time & time again. Someone says "see this show that the blacks need to blah blah", or "I saw 3 blacks do this therefore all of them do it", etc. That's why. I even explain in my posts that very point. Then I point out how no one blames entire other groups for the crimes of individuals in their communities. And I give examples.

Why's that so hard for so many of you to understand? I seriously feel like I'm going crazy here. Like some people don't understand that individuals are only responsible for their own actions. Collective punishments & collective guilt are stupid. It's even worse because if these people even knew what they were talking about, they wouldn't cling to that stupid "blame them all" view. There are rallies, protests, meetings, conferences, and initiatives in black communities all the time to work out our issues. But the "blame them all" crowd either never sees it, doesn't care, or doesn't believe it because it doesn't fit their narrow worldview.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Does this woman have a name? My kids and I have been calling her Mamma in the Yellow Shirt.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: lovebeck

Any other day, this mother would be called out for child abuse. I call this disciplining your kids when they're out of control and keeping them out of trouble. Part of the problem is our government took disciplining rights away from parents. These kids no longer fear their parents when they cross the line. This is one mother who is disciplining her kid the old fashion way. Embarrass the hell out of him and give him a good hand smack.

I totally agree with you. IN this country anymore, the fear is always that someone will try and take your child from you. Its been that way since the '80's and just gets worse all the time.

I was 15 years old when I had my son, and because of my age, I had to constantly deal with social services wanting me to give him up for adoption and trying to force me into it - and when that didn't work I had to deal with them coming to my house several times a week unannounced, to make sure I was taking care of him properly.

I swear if they had come and his diaper would have even been wet they would have taken him from me - because they decided even before he was born that they wanted to take him from me.. and I had never done anything wrong - except for get pregnant.

I spent my whole time raising my kids in fear of the state taking them.. and to me - that is so wrong when there ARE people abusing their kids and they don't get investigated, and they don't get their kids taken from them - heck they don't even seem to worry about it!

But someone who is simply young, or someone who does one small thing wrong, has to fear the state..all they wanted was one thing, one small reason and they would have called it cause to take my child..

I think parenting should be up to the parents.. and we shouldn't have to spend every second worrying about whether or not someone will walk into our house one day and take our child.
edit on 28-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Shelter in place, stay in your homes, and don't worry big brother will take care of everything for you.

revolution is evolution.

Why do you think you're being suppressed more and more every year, month, day.
edit on 28-4-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
You're not the only one that's shared this with me.

Another horrorr story I heard was a child being taken away due to sever Gert. The only problem was the foster mom didn't play and documented the exact same symptoms that caused the child to be taken away. No apologies, no refund on attorneys fees. Just oops.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

My thoughts exactly. we as a society are disheartened by the actions of our children, we have only ourselves to blame. We allowed children to have all the power, and removed spanking (not beating) from the home. Is it any wonder these things happen.? They have ruled adults for years! There is little respect or empathy for others. Service of self is today's mantra.

I am not advocating for child abuse, I am saying we need to take back parental rights for appropriateappropriate discipline in the home.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You are referring to political leaders. I'm talking about "community leaders". There's a difference. Sometimes the "community leaders" are the same as the political leaders, but that's rare.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join