It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Baltimore Mom Deserves A Mother of the Year Award!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Yeah and if it gets slapped like a punk, chased like a punk and dragged home like a punk...

A thug it ain't.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

nope truth, let me guess according to this.

I did it twice last year.

your a wannabe.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah and if it gets slapped like a punk, chased like a punk and dragged home like a punk...

A thug it ain't.

No, its a bitch...

2nd.
edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: andy1972

Too bad none of us can actually claim we saw him "acting like one".

Where was he..

What was he wearing..

Why was he wearing it..

At what can hardly be called a gathering let alone a riot or protest...

A ski mask hat combo...

Who knows... There is a myriad of options to choose from.
3 I've already listed.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

nope truth, let me guess according to this.

I did it twice last year.

your a wannabe.

Oh you got me, damn it!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

A thug it ain't.

But seriously...NOTHING, I repeat nothing can justify what they're doing.

It's a serious lack of communicative skills.

I don't see the Koreans of the street if one of them gets popped..and there's thousands of them in the USA.

Only a few people within the black community feel this option is always the right one.

edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Taken one person at a time and one video clip at a time, none of those on the streets are guilty of thuggery. There were cars/building burning and businesses were looted/ransacked none the less, by a group of guiltless people.

I have done some protests. I didn't have a gas mask or any mask. I wasn't sprayed with tear gas or pepper spray.
But I didn't break any laws either.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The 1st amendment can justify it.

Unless you're suggesting everyone in attendance has vandalised or assaulted people?

I'm guessing not, so how can the overall not be justified.

Maybe the Koreans should be out up in arms if one of them is shot dead.

I'd do it for my family or a community member.

Apathy is a killer. Like the police.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Oh really? You're labeling all black communities for the crimes of a few? That's literally bigotry, you know. And flat out racism.

Male cow feces. It is giving credit where credit is due. These days if you are Black and don't buy into "the Man is keeping us down" philosophy, you've sold out and aren't truly Black. I've worked with Black engineers and other professionals and to a person, they have had to move from where they have grown up because of being ostracized by other Blacks.

A simple question. Why are there "Black Communities with Black leaders"? If that isn't racist, I don't know what is.

You mean like black-majority Ferguson with its white leaders? Or the non-black congressional leaders in black-majority districts? Nice cherry picking.

And why can't black majority communities have black leaders? Isn't the whole point of a "representative democracy" to have leaders that represent their constituents? Also, there are entire sections of counties in nearly every American state that have white majorities and white leaders. So I return your question back to you:

"Why are there "White Communities with white leaders"? If that isn't racist, I don't know what is.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nice, but I never said there are no wrongdoers in all of this.

I've clearly been talking about this one kid getting slapped about who was supposedly "acting like a thug" because he has baggy pants and a ski mask on.

Plenty of innocent people have been tear gased and pepper sprayed shot with rubber bullets at protests, so don't be disingenuous...
I say disingenuous because I know you're not naive.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
No, I was simply sharing my own experiences.
I have partaken of the gas, but it was during my military training.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think they're referring to people like Sharpton when they say "leaders"...

Although most never look at his 20% approval rating in the entire black community as an actual "representative".

They hear black and Sharpton and then assume every black person in the States supports him.
Around 80% don't.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I agree buddy, the "rock bottom" thing was sarcasm.

Didn't pull it off too well I guess.

Oh it's fine.

I've actually seen fathers and/or uncles jump in & do something similar in intensity to the "rock bottom" (WWE term, right?) That's when it got horrible, because we didn't know if they were trying to kill the teens (our friends) or not. We'd usually jump in to "save them" by begging or pleading our case, as well as saying that things were taken out of context, there was a misunderstanding, etc.

Oh, there's probably a misunderstanding some people are having w/you over wearing the masks at protests. Here in the US, there's an automatic belief of guilt when a person hides their face. It's probably been ingrained in us from childhood, when "bad guys" in movies, tv shows, and comic books always wore masks, helmets, or face paint. So even now, face coverings here create suspicion. Like "Huh?! What's he going to do? The one with the mask! Watch out...".

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a myth.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
IF more of the African American population acted like Good Moms and Dads their kids would have the love and stability they need to navigate life successfully. I applaud this wonderful lady. I expect we will all see her on TV soon again. I also predict that before the year is over we are going to see an example where the Govm uses the national guard to control crowds in a highly negative experience. We will all be talking about that for the next fifteen years. Things are escalating and getting out of control. No one wants to feel unsafe.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The 1st amendment can justify it.

Unless you're suggesting everyone in attendance has vandalised or assaulted people?

I'm guessing not, so how can the overall not be justified.

Maybe the Koreans should be out up in arms if one of them is shot dead.

I'd do it for my family or a community member.

Apathy is a killer. Like the police.

Agreed. They have every right to protest. But if they choose to loot, then they should trot out the "shoot to kill" looter policies from the '60s and '70s. If you want to play, ya gotta pay.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I think they're referring to people like Sharpton when they say "leaders"...

Although most never look at his 20% approval rating in the entire black community as an actual "representative".

They hear black and Sharpton and then assume every black person in the States supports him.
Around 80% don't.

Oh ok. Though I never can be sure what people here mean. I'm having a back & forth with 2 people in another thread right now because they're labeling all black communities as "uncivil" because of what they think is going on in Baltimore right now. Blaming entire groups for the crimes of a few is stupid, but surprisingly common.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I understand that everyone applauds this mom's actions in the video. More parents needed to be doing this last night.

But mother of the year? NO.
She raised the young man that was wearing a mask and up to no good. She gets the credit for that too.

I'm not sure if you have noticed but sadly the Bar is not that high. She is has gone way beyond the standards of today.

Unfortunately, children are also effected by their environment and this mother did what she had to do to recalibrate this child’s barrings among a mass of idiots.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Blaming entire groups for the crimes of a few is stupid, but surprisingly common.

True, but that goes both ways.

I was glad to see several black leaders from the community step up and not make excuses and accept responsibility and shame for what happened unlike the race baiter’s Al Shaprton and Jesse Jackson.

Hopefully good comes from this and the victim mentality goes away.

This race baiting thing by the MSM is nothing more than a form of controlling the people by keeping them fighting among each other and diverted from real issues.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
IF more of the African American population acted like Good Moms and Dads their kids would have the love and stability they need to navigate life successfully. I applaud this wonderful lady. I expect we will all see her on TV soon again. I also predict that before the year is over we are going to see an example where the Govm uses the national guard to control crowds in a highly negative experience. We will all be talking about that for the next fifteen years. Things are escalating and getting out of control. No one wants to feel unsafe.

How do you know there aren't? Stereotyping much? Do you say the same things when the killers at Columbine, Aurora, or Sandy Hook show up? Or when students at Kentucky rioted because their school lost in a basketball tournament? Like this Or with football hooliganism?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
saw this in gang thread, thought it would fit here right nice. Thanks Spider879
notice that you don't see the first hoodie or covered face.

Spider879's post
edit on 28-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join