It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Baltimore Mom Deserves A Mother of the Year Award!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

What I was getting at was - Instead of trying to understand their children, most parents try to enforce a method of behaviour control. That method being - Do as your TOLD or else!

Ah I understand. We don't know how this mother raised her son.

Maybe if the mother in that vid had taken the time to sit and listen to her child more often, and understand what was going on in his head, he may not have felt the need to be on the street.

Maybe she tried to talk to him before the video started? We do not know. He was trying to walk away from her.

But I do understand your point.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I agree with this sentiment.

The first reaction to this story is

Ra ra ra beat his as mama

But then look at this skinny kid…how pitiful he looks and if he were really that bad he wouldn’t take such a beating and would likely knock his momas block off

And unless he was really doing damage to anyone like throwing rocks at police or anyone’s property I started to fell sorry for the kid.

And Butcher boy is right she may be doing what we think is the right thing now but keep in mind she raised him in the first place where he ended up in those streets.

And do we really think this kind of public beating and humiliation will help the kid?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thank gawd I didn't have to worry about youtube when I was a teen! Ha
edit on 28-4-2015 by newyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I read that she saw him on tv throwing rocks and went out to get him. Risked injury to herself in a violent unstable situation to remove him from harm's way. She did what good parents do: corrected unacceptable behavior to keep him from being hurt, killed or arrested ( and then maybe killed ). If she seemed overboard it was probably adrenaline/worry/anger fueled. Better to be whooped by the mother who loves you than beaten by cops or REAL thugs.

I'll hold my breath waiting for the list of other parents who went after their children this way or made them return their looted prizes to the police station the next day.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Great job mom, wish more parents would get out there and get their kids

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This isn't the way to protest! Oh let's break the windows of local stores and loot!? What does that prove? Nothing! That isn't protest it's stealing!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I bet she wil let him sleep on the porch

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'd respect her a bit more if she wasn't punching him in the face while telling him violence is not the answer. Just saying. . .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Not sure if its already been posted, but here is an interview with the MOM.

Looks like a caring parent, but six 6 kids WOW. She certainly has the will to get them back on track when they slip.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
So this teenaged boy decided to go out, after school, in his "riot gear" with his face covered and acting out with his friends in Baltimore.

This is what happens when his mom catches him:

Kudos to her!

If MORE mom's and dad's actually gave a crap and did things like this, the world wouldn't be such a mess. I don't blame her ONE bit for whooping his a** on video...He's out acting like a thug and she treated him like one.

She deserves Mother of the Year, IMHO. At least in Baltimore, anyway.

I have one question: Where's the father? Actually, I have another question: Where do you think the kid learned to be violent in the first place? Hint: It is in the video.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Any normal mother would do the same. No one wants to bury their children. Maternal instincts are strong in this one. There's hope for humanity after all.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I was going to slap this mother a "high five", but see she's been doing all the slapping, so I'll give her instead "Two Thumbs Waaay Up" for taking care of her son and setting him straight! a reply to: lovebeck

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Good for her!

This is EXACTLY what my mother would have done to me.

She should teach a parenting class.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
So this teenaged boy decided to go out, after school, in his "riot gear" with his face covered and acting out with his friends in Baltimore.

This is what happens when his mom catches him:

Kudos to her!

If MORE mom's and dad's actually gave a crap and did things like this, the world wouldn't be such a mess. I don't blame her ONE bit for whooping his a** on video...He's out acting like a thug and she treated him like one.

She deserves Mother of the Year, IMHO. At least in Baltimore, anyway.

What you folks snicker at with glee is a mother desperate to protect her child from serious harm. Nobody knows what motivated him to protest but regardless of the reasons, no matter how noble or misguided, his mom didn't want him to get hurt. It isn't funny and it isn't cute. It's the desperation of disillusioned youth meeting head on with the desperation of a disillusioned grown up who knows exactly what will come to those who rock the boat.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Nevermind, I was being too OCD
edit on 29-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

"Especially when our communities aren't the ones killing millions of civilians in constant wars of aggression globally."

If you are an American citizen then you, regardless of race, are culpable for the atrocities committed by your government. It doesn't matter what community you live in. There are plenty of blacks along with every other race in the military and government working together to wage unending war. You benefit from it whether you want to admit it or not.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

right? I normally never hit my kids but in that instance I would have done exactly the same as that mother.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

is this single mother of 6 some high executive at some top company? Cuz if not that means that she chose to live (all 7 of them, that is) on MY and YOUR taxes. Still want to give her some award?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Bunch of Hypocrites. Any other time the News and everyone else praising this woman would be screaming child abuse. My 16 year old tried to leave our home. She fought me all the way to the yard. I wrestled her down, and held her until the Police arrived. When they did I was promptly taken to jail for domestic battery. This is why other Countries hate us so much. We are a Country of hypocrites.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Dude, check out the video. He is wearing a ski mask, and I don't see any mountains.

She was right to open up the can on him. Good job

It was so gratifying to see this wanna-be hoodlum's Mom act like a Mom! We need more of them in Chicago. With warmer weather arriving this week, the random shootings of teens/by teens is escalating once again. None of their parents care enough to stop them.

Obama sure has been a let-down for the Black community. Instead of teaching self-responsibility, he's creating more entitlements, and entitlement mindsets. It's a pity we won't have many good things to tell our Grandchildren about our first African American President.

-cwm

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join