It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal certification , sending Catholics to hell and why you should avoid buying it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: damwel

Quran never says that ten commandments in Islam are the same that was given to Moses, Quran leaves Moses out in commandments, there is no reference of Moses with commandments

10 Commandments in Quran

1. There is no God except one God (47:19)

2. There is nothing whatsoever like unto Him (42:11)

3. Make not God's name an excuse to your oaths (2:224)

4. Be kind to your parents if one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not a word of contempt nor repel them but address them in terms of honor. (17:23)

5. As for the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands, but those who repent
After a crime and reform shall be forgiven by God for God is forgiving and kind. (5:38 - 39)

6. They invoke a curse of God if they lie. (24:7)
Hide not the testimony (2:283)

7. If anyone has killed one person it is as if he had killed the whole mankind (5:32)

8. Do not come near adultery. It is an indecent deed and a way for other evils. (17:32)

9. Do good to your parents, relatives and neighbors. (4:36)
Saying of the Prophet Muhammad (P) "One of the greatest sins is to have illicit sex with your neighbors wife".

10. When the call for the Friday Prayer is made, hasten to the remembrance of God and leave off your business. (62:9)

Not exactly same commandments

Keep in mind Islam is younger religion than Judaism and Christianity and has syncretism , taking bits and pieces of other religions in its teachings.
Christianity took not just bits and pieces of previous religions, but entire holidays and many bible stories.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptiNimble
Now i think there allot of double standards going on with the subject of halal, now halal is funding things like schools and mosque's. Some people might not look at that as a problem and dismiss it as such, but then at the same time would never send there children to a Muslim school.
Also do you believe there is equality between Muslim men and women in there community?
If the answer is no then that should be reason enough not to support them and boycott halal.

I think you are inventing excuses for bigotry.

But that is, of course, just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Did i said otherwise?
Early Christians were jews , muslim faith was invented how many years later, were they jews?... Hundreds years later !
Take a peek in syncronism what it is about, then seek info so called new age religions and scientology.. Connect the dots.
edit on 27-4-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I thought this thread would have died yesterday. Since t hasn't I will jump in.

The OP supports slavery, infanticide, rape and child abuse. I can prove it based on his own logic, but first I would like to hear from the OP on where he stands on those issues.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptiNimble

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
In the UK a portion of Zakat (the Halal tax) actually pays to help recruit fighters via radical Imams.

Can you prove this?

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

In the UK a portion of Zakat (the Halal tax) actually pays to help recruit fighters via radical Imams.

What nonsense is this?

Source this comment of yours, otherwise it's just conjecture and propaganda.

~Tenth

Islamic law requires a 2.5% tax called zakat which is imposed on income and accumulated wealth of all devout Muslims.
ie. the muslims that are involved in the halal industry- the imams, slaughtermen, workers, business & shop owners etc.

Halal certification is done on a fee for service basis, with the fees varying with the scope and scale of the services.
Certification is provided by Islamic organizations, and would not be halal if the required zakat was not paid on the fees.

What you may not know is that there are eight classes of zakat recipients, each of which gets a 1/8 share of the gross.
One of those classifications is fighters in Allah’s cause aka Mudihideen, aka terrorists.

When you purchase a product which is certified Halal, you are indirectly contributing to terrorism.

I quote from Reliance of the Traveller, the Shari’ah handbook of the majority Sunni sect of Islam.

h8.7: The Eight Categories of Recipients

It is obligatory to distribute one’s zakat among eight categories of recipients (O: meaning that zakat goes to none besides them), one-eighth of the zakat to each category. (n: In the Hanafi school, it is valid for the giver to distribute his zakat to all of the categories, some of them, or to confine himself to just one of them (al-Lubab fi sharh al-Kitab(y88), 1.155). )

h8.17: Those Fighting for Allah
The seventh category is those fighting for Allah, meaning people engaged in Islamic military operations for whom no salary has been allotted in the army roster, but who are volunteers for jihad without remuneration.
They are given enough to suffice them for the operation, even if affluent; of weapons, mounts, clothing, and expenses for the duration of the journey, round trip, and the time they spend there, even if prolonged.

edit on 28-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It's to help the poor of their community. Hmm..sounds sort of like tithing.

Actually there are 8 categories of things it goes to pay for. Some good, some not so good. See my post above.

Also notice that whoever collects the Zakat can freely choose how it is distributed. So it may be evenly distributed among all 8 categories, it may all be given to education, or it may all be donated toward Jihad....

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Technically the Christian and Islamic gods are the same. El/Yahweh/Jesus/Allah are all the Abrahamic god in one form or another.

An oft-repeated uneducated myth. They are in no way the same and represent very different beliefs and value systems. You can't take the lineage of stories and conflate them into one.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I think you are inventing excuses for bigotry.

Being able to criticise a 7th century religion is a sign of a progressive and free society, not bigotry. Western civilization is founded on critical thought, not putting people's beliefs above freedom of speech. Calling anyone who criticises Islam a bigot is misguided and dangerous.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I thought this thread would have died yesterday. Since t hasn't I will jump in.

The OP supports slavery, infanticide, rape and child abuse. I can prove it based on his own logic, but first I would like to hear from the OP on where he stands on those issues.

Well i would say that I am like most people with a decent moral compass, I do not intentionally support any of those repulsive things. Now I say intentionally because I have brought halal in the past, I was like most Australians they didn't know what it was. now that I do, even though it is incredibly difficult I avoid it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SteveR

Actually, it's the correct use of language.

Look up the definition of bigot.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
If you're seriously using "Muslims have to pay Zakat, and Zakat can be used to fund terrorirsts" as an actual reason, I've got to say that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I mean, if you use that logic, you might as well go full crazy bigot, and say "I don't want to shop at a muslim grocers, I don't want to tip a muslim delivery boy, I don't want to spend any money at all anywhere, because at some point along the chain, a muslim might get their hands on my money, and fund terrorism".

And that is all just ignoring the ridiculous assumptions and statements you've built your arguments on.
“Alms are for the poor and the needy, and those employed to administer to them; for those whose hearts have been reconciled; for those in bondage and in debt; in the cause of Allah; and for the wayfarer."
Totally means "terrorists", yeah

Finally, as for "the Shari’ah handbook of the majority Sunni sect of Islam", not a single noun or adjective in that phrase is true. Reliance of the Traveller is in no way used as a "Shariah handbook". It is a classical text that is used by those who want to study fiqh in a historical context. Your claim would be akin to saying that Calvinists use St. Augustine's works verbatim as a "Moral handbook for Calvinist Christianity". Also, the shafi fiqh is in no way the majority sect in Islam, Sunni or otherwise (again, not that the followers of the Shafi fiqh uses the Reliance of the Traveller in the sense of a Shar'iah handbook).
Funny how often people drum up the importance of this book, only so that they can then attack it and say "Look how silly muslims are for what they believe".

Anyhow, yes, in this case, as the book says, Zakat money is also given to those who are participating in "Jihad", but understanding that to explicitly mean "terrorists" is a huge jump. Never mind that it ignores all the different types of Jihad, but it also implies that there can be no volunteer muslim military people that aren't terrorists.

Anyhow, what's up with all the recent halal topics? Did something happen somewhere I'm unaware of?

EDIT: Realised my post may have come off sharper than I intended it to be. No offence meant to anyone!
edit on 29-4-2015 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2015 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join