It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal certification , sending Catholics to hell and why you should avoid buying it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Lets start with and analogy,
If I was raising money to build a place of worship for the batman god, and you as a Catholic willingly donated for years on a weekly basis.
Im fairly confident you priest would tell you that you are committing a sin. As one of your commandments is that thy shall not worship any other god.
So my point is why do you or they as Catholics buy halal Certified food?
Money raised from the certfcation goes towards building things like mosque's and muslim schools. And these schools and mosque's worshipfully a different god, so aren't they supporting a different god?
Is it because it has become inconvenient to boycott it?
Now i should make it clear that i do not worship any god and am not part of any religion.
This is simply just and outsider's observation.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Technically the Christian and Islamic gods are the same. El/Yahweh/Jesus/Allah are all the Abrahamic god in one form or another.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptiNimble

You pay tax to the government, too. They use it to wage wars. How sacrilegious is that?

Someone once asked whose name or face is printed on the money? Thats who it belongs to.

Thats the system of slavery.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Does a protestant worship a different god? Do Jews worship a different god? Does a catholic worship a different god?
Does a mormon worship a different god? Does a jehova witness worship a different god? Does a muslim worship a different god?

Spot the differences between these religions. And you will clearly see its only the prophets of these different yet similar religions that alter it.

So in my humble oppion. The prophets are full of BS.

Slanderous i know. You know what else is slanderous? Pretending prophets are God when they are clearly just men. Spouting propaganda because said god won't stop them. But don't let them fool you into thinking god will, Most if not all of them wrote about it...

That's like me telling everyone the moment i cursed at our creator (God) a giant jewel came shooting out of the sky in a lightning bolt only to strike my cat and disintergrate in at my feet in the front of my house where upon my cats ashes i found a scroll that i read that i automatically memorized but upon reading it vanished in smoke.

This scroll told me to ( Insert prophet laws here) And so everyone should follow ( Prophet laws here) cuz god told me to tell you so. I witnessed a lightning bolt miracle so you should believe me. I wrote it on papyrus.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Heres an analogy for you.

Whats the difference between an amimal that has been reared for its meat being shot through the head with a bolt, and an animal that has been reared for its meat having its throat cut.

The answer is nothing. They are both dead.

Take the psuedo mumbo jumbo claptrap/stupidity away from it and that is the simple truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Or when priests try reinterpriting the ( Insert prophets law here ) to fit their own agendas, which kinda lead to the multipul factions of Jah/alla/Yah/Jes-Wehisms that exist.

There's only ever been one god in monotheism.

Worshiping other gods is like, well worshiping other gods. As having multipul gods worshiped at the same time.
Hence the S on Gods.

Or you could name what other people define as gods as simply idols. They liked to do that too but what ever lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Gotta agree with that.

Its a small word afterall. Lets sing it together. It's a small world after all.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

ummm i don't know, if the animal dies faster one way or the other the meat would suffer less stress and be more tender

www.fao.org...

The energy required for muscle activity in the live animal is obtained from sugars (glycogen) in the muscle. In the healthy and well-rested animal, the glycogen content of the muscle is high. After the animal has been slaughtered, the glycogen in the muscle is converted into lactic acid, and the muscle and carcass becomes firm (rigor mortis). This lactic acid is necessary to produce meat, which is tasteful and tender, of good keeping quality and good colour. If the animal is stressed before and during slaughter, the glycogen is used up, and the lactic acid level that develops in the meat after slaughter is reduced. This will have serious adverse effects on meat quality.

edit on 26-4-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

but the end result is essentially the same. slip ups with killing livestock are reprehensible and likely will improve in the future since they don't deserve to suffer of course. But they're still dead either way.

not every beef is Kobe beef. Which is a shame and a blessing. Since they are expensive as all heck to produce--therefore would be very unfeasible on a mass scale. We should worry more about people dying in other countries and starving and being killed by insane terrorists. We should definitely focus on that before we focus on animal rights ethics--like let's be for real, here.

regardless, nobody's going to hell over halal. end story lol
edit on 26-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

What? terrorist, hell
I just care for the perfect BBQ beef
and that depends on how the animal lived and died

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Halal meat is only sold by Muslim butchers isn't it?

I'm not sure that many folk are eating halal that didn't specifically go out and buy halal....

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Take the psuedo mumbo jumbo claptrap/stupidity away from it and that is the simple truth.

Booo..........heathen, be gone with your disgusting heresy.

Although, I like mine medium rare, with Piri Piri sauce.

edit on 26-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because: beer

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Go with some tasty pork products and avoid the angst altogether.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And would the same analogy apply to kosher food?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Heres an analogy for you.

Whats the difference between an amimal that has been reared for its meat being shot through the head with a bolt, and an animal that has been reared for its meat having its throat cut.

Both animals get their throats cut,the non halal bolt to the head is supposed to prevent the animal from being aware/conscious when the cutting takes place.
The idea being that the non aware animal suffers less,and while it probably does not notice having its throat cut it still panics and screams in terror while in the queue to be bolted/slaughtered.
Both animals end up dead,both suffer immense terror prior to the bolt/knife.
Both are deemed to be slaughtered "humanely."
I have come to learn that "humane" does not mean without suffering,just what humans deem exceptable to them as a group.

I must say if I was an animal about to be killed and eaten,I would choose a (well aimed)hunters arrow/bullet every time-at least I wouldn't have to go through the terror animals experience when sent to the industrial death factories.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Dead is dead.

I would wager that if someone was hungry enough, they wouldn't care if the animal had been bludgeoned over the head several times with a cricket bat.

Principals tend to go out of the window if you or your family are dying of hunger.

I came to terms with this a long time ago, being a natural omnivore.

And I'm sure that, if a deity cared about how animals were killed to be eaten, we'd all have endless supplies of miracle meat that just appeared out of thin air and have no desire to farm animals - probably along with some ambrosia to drink as well - to satiate our hunger/thirst.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

There is a difference...

Go to a slaughter house and watch how "clean" their slaughtering is, you might not eat meat again...

A huge part about kosher is that the animal is cut swiftly and not very deep, but bleeds out very quickly, this is considered the least painful approach for the animal. The other big part is all the internal organs and meat are checked for anything unhealthy.

edit on 26-4-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Halal meat is only sold by Muslim butchers isn't it?

I'm not sure that many folk are eating halal that didn't specifically go out and buy halal....

You'd be wrong...

Halal Certification in Australia

How do I find out whether a product is Halal certified?
The best way to know if a product is Halal certified is to check the label. As Halal certification generally applies to production sites and processes rather than brands per se, the same food or drink manufactured at different sites around Australia may vary in terms of its Halal certification status.

and if a product is certified, it has been done so by an Islamic organisation that charges the manufacturer to certify this. There are quotes in media articles of some companies being charged up to $27,000 a month for their products to be halal certified.

This is passed on to the consumer. We pay to have a product certified that benefits only a minority religious section of the wider community. And yes, I disagree with kosher certification being a reason to have costs artificially raised. Or any religious certification.

It should be as you state, but even Anzac cookies, yes Anzac cookies, are halal certified down here.

I do not know of any Muslims who would eat an Anzac cookie, considering they are made in the memory of Australian and new Zealand diggers...

And how on earth do you manufacture halal sugar?

Halal Sugar

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Dead is dead.

I would wager that if someone was hungry enough, they wouldn't care if the animal had been bludgeoned over the head several times with a cricket bat.

Principals tend to go out of the window if you or your family are dying of hunger.

I came to terms with this a long time ago, being a natural omnivore.

And I'm sure that, if a deity cared about how animals were killed to be eaten, we'd all have endless supplies of miracle meat that just appeared out of thin air and have no desire to farm animals - probably along with some ambrosia to drink as well - to satiate our hunger/thirst.

You are right-
If someone is hungry enough they will literally eat anything,including other people as the knife marks on the bones of our ancestors have shown.
But most would say that's not a good thing to do in todays times.
Maybe at one time in the future if we get one,humans will change how they think about the way we slaughter animals for food,and maybe find a way of doing it which would be less stressful for the animals.
I am not saying no one should eat meat,of course we are made to eat all sorts of stuff-thats how we got to be the boss species.
Just maybe there are better ways to end the life of an animal than the way we do it now-with or without the ritual aspect.
It seems unnecessarily cruel to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

By biblical standards, I'd say that anybody who follows the OT/Torah (as in all Abrahamic faiths) will go to hell if they buy the typical store-bought meat.

The way the meat industry treats the creatures of our planet would fail any definition of "good steward" that all Christians, Muslims, and Jews are commanded to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join