It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal certification , sending Catholics to hell and why you should avoid buying it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Dead is still dead.

Who are "they" by the way? Meat suppliers?

Meat suppliers exist all over the world. Unless you personally have vetted every single one of them for cleanliness and operating standards then thats a very broad brush you are painting with.

Unless you are being a bigot, because halal is to do with the muslim faith?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Dead is still dead.

This is something we both can agree on, so I'm not sure your point in why you keep saying this...dead is dead, but what you eat can be different based on how clean and healthy that process is. I'm not saying the normal means to slaughter is bad, I'm saying that with the middle east religions they have their own USDA type process built in. Personally, I would trust a person that takes great care in the process because it is a part of their religion than someone working for low wage for a company that is going for max profit...

Who are "they" by the way? Meat suppliers?

I didn't use the word "they" in my post, so you tell me...

Meat suppliers exist all over the world. Unless you personally have vetted every single one of them for cleanliness and operating standards then thats a very broad brush you are painting with.

You know their are times when a broad brush is the right tool... Very cliché of you... you are right, I need to "personally vet every single one" be fore I can have an opinion...lol

BTW I have lived all over the world, so I have seen many processes, I base my opinion on that.

Unless you are being a bigot, because halal is to do with the muslim faith?

Wow OK, I think you are a little ignorant here. You do know that Muslims can eat Kosher....don't you? Both are basically the same process...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You typed...

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Go to a slaughter house and watch how "clean" their slaughtering is, you might not eat meat again...

"Their" relates to "they".

You used a generic term. I was seeking clarification as to who exactly you meant - All slaughterhouses? Some slaughterhouses? Specific ones based on belief?

If you want to chastise people for using a broad brush, its best not to use one in the first place.

The thread is about Halal meat btw, not kosher. And while they are essentially similar, lets not deflect shall we?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You used a generic term. I was seeking clarification as to who exactly you meant - All slaughterhouses? Some slaughterhouses? Specific ones based on belief?

I used it in the generic sense of "a" slaughterhouse...

If you want to chastise people for using a broad brush, its best not to use one in the first place.

I truly fail to see how you can suggest my statement of "go to a slaughterhouse and you might not eat meat again" is broad brush in any sense of the word. Somehow you decided my very simple statement meant every slaughterhouse on the planet. I explained a little more in my second post to maybe get this back to one of your dinky brushes with this statement...

I would trust a person that takes great care in the process because it is a part of their religion than someone working for low wage for a company that is going for max profit...

The thread is about Halal meat btw, not kosher. And while they are essentially similar, lets not deflect shall we?

I'll agree to not deflect if you agree not to quibble over trivial aspects of my posts...

edit on 26-4-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Technically the Christian and Islamic gods are the same. El/Yahweh/Jesus/Allah are all the Abrahamic god in one form or another.

Yeah, such different forms they have practically nothing in common anymore. I think it's about time we stop pretending like they do.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Its about time people stopped pretending they existed, and realised that the various books were written by people either seeking power or trying to keep hold of it.

But I doubt thats likely to happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We often hear that Christians, Jews and Muslims have a same God ( this usually comes from muslims )..
Christianity do not accept Allah as their God, neither does Jews.. here are few reasons why

Islam God hates the jews in Quran- Jews are God´s chosen people in Torah

Question what comes up is "origin" of Allah, did Allah come from bible or does Allah have pagan roots? Allah as a name comes from "Al Ilah" which means "The God". Allah has 3 daughters goddesses Al-'Uzza, al-Lat and Manah. Can anyone remember any God´s daughters in Old Testament? Propably not.

So Allah and his Goddesses has roots in Polytheism, and there are shrines for Allah´s daughters in Mecca.

The Quraysh was a powerful merchant tribe of the Arabian Peninsula in the 7th century. It controlled Mecca, where it was the custodian of the Kaaba, the sacred Pagan shrine and destination for pilgrims that became Islam's most sacred shrine.

The Prophet Muhammad was born into the Hashemite clan of the Quraysh but was expelled from it once he began preaching Islam and monotheism.

The Quraysh is the only tribe to whom a whole surah, or chapter--albeit a brief one of just two verses--is dedicated in the Koran: For the protection of Quraysh: their protection in their summer and winter journeyings. Therefore let them worship the Lord of this House who fed them in the days of famine and shielded them from all peril." (Surah 106:1-2)

Link
Britannica

Mecca has been under Quraysh clan rule also before Muhammed ( who also was born to this clan) pre Muhammed, Allah was the God of this tribe, many tribes had their own God at the time. In Mecca Allah was the Head of all Gods.
Islam is quite animistic, believing in spirits in nature and djinns..

So i could go on.. but Islam God is not the same God. There are several issues which are important in each religion which differences from each other and its really obvious that Islam differences most.
So OP might have a point.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptiNimble

Well I can not speak for the rest of the people on here. Im not religious at all. But I do not buy Halal for one reason.

1) I will not support, acknowledge or encourage the use of religious BS in my daily life that I find invasive, disgusting and so pointless that I am embarrassed to be a human with people running around following a god or gods that are such BS.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

It's so obvious that this is the case. EVERY god ever promoted by humans in the history of the world is fake, EXCEPT theirs.

They're all part of the same scheme that's been going on for thousands of years now, those in power using gods to stupefy and pacify the "sheep".

I find it odd that the religious people on this board are all for conspiracies but refuse to acknowledge the conspiracy that's at the heart of their faith.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Paul specifically addresses this in the New Testament when he wrote that it was all right to eat the meat of animals sacrificed to pagan gods.

I don't know about Halal but I once talked with a protestant farmer who raised kosher chickens. According the him the kosher rules are much stricter than the goverment as far as diseased and damaged birds go.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Technically they are not the same despite any phonic similarities.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Technically the Christian and Islamic gods are the same. El/Yahweh/Jesus/Allah are all the Abrahamic god in one form or another.

Actually, Yahweh is the Christian Devil.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
Paul specifically addresses this in the New Testament when he wrote that it was all right to eat the meat of animals sacrificed to pagan gods.

I don't know about Halal but I once talked with a protestant farmer who raised kosher chickens. According the him the kosher rules are much stricter than the goverment as far as diseased and damaged birds go.

Aside from the being blessed by a rabbi part, kosher is far healthier than anything the FDA wants you eating.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaceMyBook

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Aside from the being blessed by a rabbi part, kosher is far healthier than anything the FDA wants you eating.

The interesting part is that there are apparently special rabbis whose only job is to go to all the farms to check on how the animals are being raised.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369 It is prepared by muslim butchers. I bought a chicken at Price Choppers and noticed it said 'hahal certified' on it when I got home. Tasted like any other chicken.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I am currently living in a small country town of Australia, approx 3000 people or so. now from my own observations the main followed religion of the community is catholic. So I thought I would raise the issue i did in the OP. So I have only had the chance of asking 6 people that call themselves a catholic. Started off with me asking them if they believe in the same god/gods as the Muslims, all six said said no. So at this point I am feeling fairly confident of catching them out on this halal thing. So I explained to them all how I did in the OP. Now 3 got really worried and concerned as they thought they have been sinning for years. (I wonder if any of them cleaned there pantry's out when they got home) 2 of them got really confused and said they will ask there priest. And one of them said they simply don't believe in that bit, whatever the last one meant i still don't understand.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
In the UK a portion of Zakat (the Halal tax) actually pays to help recruit fighters via radical Imams.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

firstly I never mentioned Christians,
and if we want to trace it all the way back on that all the gods are the same, in and atheist point of view i would agree because in one way ore another i think god was created by man to fill the gaps in the unknown, that in a way was more acceptable because we didn't have the knowledge that we have today.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Heres an analogy for you.

Whats the difference between an amimal that has been reared for its meat being shot through the head with a bolt, and an animal that has been reared for its meat having its throat cut.

The answer is nothing. They are both dead.

Take the psuedo mumbo jumbo claptrap/stupidity away from it and that is the simple truth.

I really think we have to go further than getting caught up on just the meat side of things, but all the same thanks for the analogy,

Now i think there allot of double standards going on with the subject of halal, now halal is funding things like schools and mosque's. Some people might not look at that as a problem and dismiss it as such, but then at the same time would never send there children to a Muslim school.
Also do you believe there is equality between Muslim men and women in there community?
If the answer is no then that should be reason enough not to support them and boycott halal.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Look, you need to read 1 Corinthians 8: "But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do."

Paul was writing about buying and eating meat that was ritually sacrificed to pagan gods. His wrote that there is only one god and it doesn't matter if an animal was sacrificed while praying to what he considered a false god because Christians know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world.”

Now, if you have a political reason for boycotting, fine. But if you're trying to trick up uninformed Catholics with faulty religious arguments that seems bush league to me.

edit on 27-4-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join