It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal certification , sending Catholics to hell and why you should avoid buying it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
In the UK a portion of Zakat (the Halal tax) actually pays to help recruit fighters via radical Imams.

Can you prove this?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Who cares about halal when Christians are spending trillions on oil? Think of all the mosques that they are building overthere! Or sending the money to the west to build mosques overthere.

And if science were viewed as having a god, Christians shouldn't buy anything from atheist businesses either. Technically there isn't a god to be worshipped but money spend on atheists isn't spend on Christians.

Just kidding ofcourse, as if Christians would ever band together and organize their spending power.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

why are you talking about Christians? i don't care what they do or do not believe or what they they think they know.
If i was trying to trick up uninformed Catholics that is there own fault for not doing there own research and following blindly, i know if i was going to murmur words over my meals to a supposed supernatural super power I would do my research before devoting the way i live my life.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptiNimble

why are you talking about Christians? i don't care what they do or do not believe or what they they think they know.
If i was trying to trick up uninformed Catholics that is there own fault for not doing there own research and following blindly, i know if i was going to murmur words over my meals to a supposed supernatural super power I would do my research before devoting the way i live my life.

You're fighting a losing battle anyway, mate.

You've got about a billion Muslims north of you they're wanting to sell food to and in the long run it's cheaper to have just one product than to fool around with two standards.

The non-Muslims will eat the Halal and the Muslims won't eat the non-Halal. The real religion is the almighty greenback so it's a no-brainer.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

why are you talking about Christians?

Gee, I don't know. Maybe because Christians and the ten commandments were in your OP?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

sorry for the confusion but i was talking about Catholics and there 10 commandments.
i didn't add the Christians in the OP, because i was focused on Catholics.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

In the UK a portion of Zakat (the Halal tax) actually pays to help recruit fighters via radical Imams.

What nonsense is this?

Source this comment of yours, otherwise it's just conjecture and propaganda.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

sorry for the confusion but i was talking about Catholics and there 10 commandments.
i didn't add the Christians in the OP, because i was focused on Catholics.

Catholics are Christians. The Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Christian denomination in the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

What you are saying is a subject of the matter of perception.
If you ask a Catholic and a Christian you will get two different answers.
And because this thread is about Catholics and there perception, the Christian perception is irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

What you are saying is a subject of the matter of perception.
If you ask a Catholic and a Christian you will get two different answers.
And because this thread is about Catholics and there perception, the Christian perception is irrelevant.

Well, if you ask the Pope or any of his subordinates all over the world and down to whoever the priest is for your town, they're all going to say they are Christians.

If you're really interested in "Catholics and there [sic] perception."

Which is entirely moot in respect to my original comment as you can't possibly deny that the Catholics accept the authority of Paul's letters regardless of whether you call them Christian or not and according to Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians it doesn't matter if you buy and eat meat that has been involved in a non-Christian ritual.
edit on 27-4-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Here you go:

Two chapters later St Paul confronts today’s issue of halal food more directly, based on his earlier pronouncement that such food may be eaten without any qualms of conscience.

As regards whether Christians should be careful not to buy certain foods at the market he writes: “Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience” (1 Cor 10:25).

In summary, it is clear that there is nothing in the Scriptures against Christians eating halal meat. The question of meat “sacrificed to idols” does not apply, even though not even that would present a problem, since halal meat is offered to Allah, the one God worshipped by Muslims, Jews and Christians.

www.catholicweekly.com.au...

(Just to avoid confusion: When the Catholic priest who wrote this article refers to "Christians" he is referring to Catholics.)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

well I will make the effort tomorrow and ask the local priest at the catholic church and see if i can get a clear answer.
until then we should keep on topic, and this is about halal certification.
And just because it is a loosing battle does not mean it is not worth a fighting for. are you saying it's not worth to defend women rights? Remember the Koran states that men are a degree above women, the halal certification derives from the Koran. This retards the society we all live in and does not benefit man kind at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

until then we should keep on topic, and this is about halal certification.

Then you should take the part about "Catholics going to hell' out of the title of the thread and edit your OP.

Until then I say that quoting a Catholic priest on the subject of eating Halal food is absolutely on topic.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

now i never said it was a sin to eat the food in fact that is not my point at all, my point is what the money raised from certification goes towards is possibly a sin and result what it teaches people. that is my gripe.
Is your point that Christians do not see a problem with funding Muslim schools and mosques?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Lets start with and analogy,
If I was raising money to build a place of worship for the batman god, and you as a Catholic willingly donated for years on a weekly basis.
Im fairly confident you priest would tell you that you are committing a sin. As one of your commandments is that thy shall not worship any other god.
So my point is why do you or they as Catholics buy halal Certified food?
Money raised from the certfcation goes towards building things like mosque's and muslim schools. And these schools and mosque's worshipfully a different god, so aren't they supporting a different god?
Is it because it has become inconvenient to boycott it?
Now i should make it clear that i do not worship any god and am not part of any religion.
This is simply just and outsider's observation.

It's not a false God, Muslims worship the same God as the Catholics. the God of Abraham, you know the guy who gave the 10 commandments to Moses.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

According to some experts, a portion of the proceeds from halal food sales in France go to groups tied to terrorism. When a French consumer buys Halal food, part of the price paid goes as a fee to Halal Islamic experts.
Some of those experts are certified by the UOIF, the Union of the Islamic Organizations in France, which the Simon Wiesenthal Center reports has strong ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, a transnational political organization that supports terrorism.

When French journalist and author Alexandre del Valle began investigating how the Muslims Brotherhood was attempting a mafia-style takeover of France's Halal food industry, his life was threatened. "Nearly 60 percent of halal food is controlled by organizations belonging to the Muslim brotherhood," he explained.

Halal food is also spreading throughout Britain. A London Daily Mail investigation found that Britain's major supermarket chains, fast-food restaurants, even some hospitals and schools were serving halal food without telling those who were eating it. Some British parliament members were outraged to learn they were secretly served halal meat.

CBN

Speaking in defence of the reclaim Australia rallies, One Nation leader and founder Pauline Hanson told the Nine Network's Today program that halal certification was a money-making racket.

"It is a profit money-making racket. The money goes into Islamic organisations and has been connected to the Muslim Brotherhood in France and actually also in Canada," she said.

ABC

So follow the money....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

now i never said it was a sin to eat the food in fact that is not my point at all

Well, here's what you said in the OP:

So my point is why do you or they as Catholics buy halal Certified food?

And the answer is that Paul, an authority for all Christians (Catholic and non-Catholic) wrote “Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.” He didn't write "Don't buy meat that's been sacrificed because part of your money will go towards funding pagan temples."

If you have a political issue with the Halal certification, as I said: fine. But it's fairly apparent you do not have enough knowledge of the subject to be commenting on what might or might not be hell worthy sins for Catholics.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Quran never says that ten commandments in Islam are the same that was given to Moses, Quran leaves Moses out in commandments, there is no reference of Moses with commandments

10 Commandments in Quran

1. There is no God except one God (47:19)

2. There is nothing whatsoever like unto Him (42:11)

3. Make not God's name an excuse to your oaths (2:224)

4. Be kind to your parents if one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not a word of contempt nor repel them but address them in terms of honor. (17:23)

5. As for the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands, but those who repent
After a crime and reform shall be forgiven by God for God is forgiving and kind. (5:38 - 39)

6. They invoke a curse of God if they lie. (24:7)
Hide not the testimony (2:283)

7. If anyone has killed one person it is as if he had killed the whole mankind (5:32)

8. Do not come near adultery. It is an indecent deed and a way for other evils. (17:32)

9. Do good to your parents, relatives and neighbors. (4:36)
Saying of the Prophet Muhammad (P) "One of the greatest sins is to have illicit sex with your neighbors wife".

10. When the call for the Friday Prayer is made, hasten to the remembrance of God and leave off your business. (62:9)

Not exactly same commandments

Keep in mind Islam is younger religion than Judaism and Christianity and has syncretism , taking bits and pieces of other religions in its teachings.
edit on 27-4-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
billmuehlenberg.com... bit more on it peeps

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's to help the poor of their community. Hmm..sounds sort of like tithing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join