It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass Storms out of Debate with Graham Hancock

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

It was billed as "the first open debate between the representatives of two completely different versions of history."

Alas, Hawass didn't even allow the debate to get off the ground and the whole thing ended in acrimony and farce. You can see/read more here (Vimeo video) and here (youtube video).

Very disappointing though, I have to say, not entirely unexpected.

Video with transcript here.

SC
edit on 23/4/2015 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

Here ya go Scott

You can link the video in your posts in full bud

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hawass has a look/attitude against anything that doesn't fit into his neat little version of history. It looks something like this:

Then, after he makes that look and gesture, he storms off.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

You only have to read Fingerprints of the gods to understand that civilisation is older, much older, than history allows them to say.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I guess for acheologists, people offering different ideas on history is like a person telling an astronomer that the world is flat.

I've often wondered why they seem so unflexible in entertaining other ideas. Some, I understand because the ideas, like the flat Earth, is way, way out there or have been proven to be completely wrong.

Still, as a scientist, they should be open to new ideas and theories. Instead of acting like that (storming off), Zahi should have stood his ground and showed why main stream archeology shows what it does.

Storming off is not setting a good example.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh I love Hawass, sure he has a temper, but he is smart and doing his duties, (protecting the history of his ancestors). Very impressive when you see him identifying the right dynasty from for example "unknown man E" in just a few seconds.
Of course he wants more than just some wild ancient alien talks or some dude claiming the pyramids were built while egypt was still under ice.
Because you know, he wouldn't make a false assumption like this => protects the integrity of his ancestors memories.

a reply to: eriktheawful
OMG! That's probably the cutest puppy ever! What is she? A Rottweiler, or Doberman? I love the smile. She looks like she'll cause an awefull lot of trouble, a smarty i bet.
Sorry i don't know why i am so sure it's a girl and think i could tell from the picture, i see a puppy and my brain looses it a bit, apparently. Note to myself: i need a dog.

edit on 23-4-2015 by Peeple because: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH a PUPPY!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hi,

Many thanks for that.

SC

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I've not followed this guy at all.
But is this his theory?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I feel like such an ignorant noob...but who are you Scott and why do you have your own forum and how the heck did I miss all this?

Anyone remember when they discovered something and Hawass had Bill Pullman with him? It was like in 2000 or so and I remember him being such a dick. The whole thing was so awkward.

edit on 23-4-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you accept that there were civilisations some 11,000 to 15,000 years ago able to cross seas and continents and had construction skills that we today find hard if not impossible to emulate..then you must also accept that everything else in relation to that must also change..like the history of the whole world, for example.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I can't for the life of me find it, and I don't know if it's T&C/ATS appropriate -- but Joe Rogan's take on the pyramids at Giza is hilarious.

I'm with Joe on the pyramids. I bet the ancient Egyptians just took credit for their creation, and sort of "moved in" to them. When you break down the numbers of how many blocks make up one pyramid, and divide that by the number of years mainstream archaeology tells us it took to build...it's insane.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So Zahi got Hawanded his A$$ ?

How sad of Hawass. I thought he would keep an open mind, but instead is locked down in absolute truths... about something that is even more ridicules, that the pyramids was build in 20 years... Try again Hawass!

Maybe the ancient Egyptians used elephants to speed up parts of the construction, thou never depicted in any tomb, since the animal was considered "not worthy" ... lots of possibilities.

I do like the 10.500 BC story better thou.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's off topic but real quick: It's part rottie part American Fox Hound. I have 7 of them (one has gone to a home) 4 of them are black and tan like that. All boys except for 1 girl who is almost all black. Here is my latest thread about them:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here are some more footage of this debate:

Hawass is a ass

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Did I miss the actual debate? I want to see the actual information not a temper tantrum. I can watch my kids have one of those

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
I feel like such an ignorant noob...but who are you Scott and why do you have your own forum and how the heck did I miss all this?

Anyone remember when they discovered something and Hawass had Bill Pullman with him? It was like in 2000 or so and I remember him being such a dick. The whole thing was so awkward.

Yep....Feeling the same way......Your own forum.....Awesome. By the way thanks for posting this story I have never really heard about this and I am investigating deeper as soon as I am done typing.
edit on 23-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
For those who havent seen it, Slayer posted a video a few days ago that correlates with the OP.

Talks about an alternate timeline of construction..etc. Its pretty interesting, particularily when Dr Schoch discusses anomalies about the Sphinx. Its worth a watch. Schoch basically gets the same treatment as Hanckock as a Pseudo Scientist loonie type, even though hes extrememly well educated, and his research appears to be thorough.

Us Goyim... we arent supposed to know..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-4-2015 by Tucket because: whoops, forgot to post the link to Slayer's thread

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i bet he said you must be punished.

i can't find the part i wanted, so i made this one.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've heard that even for people who follow his line of reasoning, Hawass is a bit of a pompous @ss, so I'm not going to read too much into this.
edit on 23-4-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i bet he said you must be punished.

i can't find the part i wanted, so i made this one.

What a sad arrogant little man. I am surprised this man has any power it is a glimpse into the societal issues facing the middle eastern citizens. And the probably wonder why they are lacking behind the rest for the world in science,art,economic,education,governments.
edit on 23-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join