It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass Storms out of Debate with Graham Hancock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
When worlds collide. The number 144 comes up a lot when you study Giza. Theres 144 reasons why the two don't see eye to eye.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Much of the sphynx is below the surrounding ground level and sand filled that easily, there is reference to another sphynx though that was supposed to be on the other side of the nile facing the first sphynx, it was apparently built of block's so was probably built later by a pharoe who wanted to incorporate the sphynx into his redesign of the entire area, interestingly this second sphynx which was destroyed in a flood and it's blocks were then used in cairo as where the white limestone casing stone's from the pyramid's (to build the mosques of cairo) and may have been part of a larger complex built to ape the original giza complex and perhaps mirror it while incorporating it into itself, but likely long after the giza complex was originally built and as I suggest maybe to repurpose the much more ancient giza complex by incorporating it into this pharoe's monument's, monument's that have all passed away through man and the element's while the Giza structure's have survived.
arescott.tripod.com...

What it suggest's is that it is at least possible is that the Egyptians of this later period did not build the pyramid's but instead restored and repurposed them, it is a strange fact that even in the supposedly older (but I believe younger) bent pyramid and all other pyramid's that WERE built by these early but perhaps later period egyptian's and quite unlike the three pyramid's of the Giza platau which have no inscription's (Except one of dubious nature that is probably a victorian forgery and a few found suspiciously by mr Hawass) all these other supposedly earlier and later pyramid's were actually festooned with egyptian heiroglyphic spell's and writing's, even the entire book of the dead which the egyptians saw as necessary to protect the dead and there tomb.

Napoleon it is claimed once spent a night sleeping in the sarcophagus, if that is what it really is, in the morning he came out ashen faced and would not ever talk about his experience.

If they were tomes then why were there no treasures or body's within them, the ship found outside was from this later period during which the complex was repurposed and rededicated.
www.ancient.eu...

It may be that several time's this ancient site was repurposed by the ancient egyptian's, they believed that to be immortal you had to be remembered so that your name would not die and your soul would not forget who it was so it stands to reason a pharoe with some great stonking ancient structure's might place his name to them and restore them to claim them for his own which would explain why they were not buried inside them, the wood that was found down one of the star shaft's does suggest that it may have been dropped later either through a hole that once led out to the stars but before the egyptians of this period placed there new outer stone's on the ancient pyramid's during there renovation and repurposing of the site so it is not proof of the age of the pyramid at all and only material from the very base of the core of the pyramid may be, in south america for example there are often pyramid's that were built over earlier pyramid's incorporating them into there core by later rulers who wanted to erase and outdo there forebears name's.

Tuthmosis is one of the pharoe whom renovated the site, the dream stele between teh paw's of teh sphynx commemortate's this action on his part.
www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...
edit on 23-4-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Very interesting and informative.Thank you very much for that. I do believe that yes they used monuments over and over from the past,putting their names on them and proclaiming them as theirs,as they felt it would give them power and respect of the populous. And I am truly curious as are many others,just how old the pyramids and Sphinx really are. If only we could go back in time and take a snap shot of it!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
When worlds collide. The number 144 comes up a lot when you study Giza. Theres 144 reasons why the two don't see eye to eye.

Yes and add in the fact that the Giza site is the biggest cash cow in Egypt ever, its going to be exploited by them in every possible way, and they will charge to the max. When this happens all truths are political.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Hawass has a look/attitude against anything that doesn't fit into his neat little version of history. It looks something like this:

Then, after he makes that look and gesture, he storms off.

In fairness to Hawass, and i've no idea why that bloke deserves fairness from me, his attitude and firmly closed bigoted mind is pretty similar to the attitudes of many members here on ATS when talking about certain controversial subjects.

I can't stand the corrupt little gimp, but his attitude isn't particularly unique.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Hawass has a look/attitude against anything that doesn't fit into his neat little version of history. It looks something like this:

Then, after he makes that look and gesture, he storms off.

In fairness to Hawass, and i've no idea why that bloke deserves fairness from me, his attitude and firmly closed bigoted mind is pretty similar to the attitudes of many members here on ATS when talking about certain controversial subjects.

I can't stand the corrupt little gimp, but his attitude isn't particularly unique.

The payoffs for the rights to dig, plus all the golden artefacts that have already been melted down, has put the top echelons of Egypt through various overseas Universities, the spin is that the present Egyptians are the descendants of the people who built the greatest monument on Earth. So its all political, and if any fact might come along and rock the boat, it wont gain much traction in the mainstream. Hawas probably isn't top dog , but he would be the main man with regards to keeping his masters happy, and protecting the present business model. I say this because he kept his job during the turmoil, of the Arab spring joke. The good ole boys hung on as they do, because they get the funding from you know who. The alternatives weren't much cop, so the status quo is probably the best, because if extremists took over they would probably blow the place up.

The bible says that in Egypt at the border, (Giza means border in Arabic). Their is a temple to God. Which suggests that it was already there, and would have been a well known monument, well before, it was renovated. The main stones in the Kings chamber are the same type of stones that the stones of other ancient monuments are made of, "Spirit stone" that is Granite with high amounts of Quartz. Where high amounts of Quartz occur naturally, high amounts of anomalies seem to be reported, especially along geological stress lines. That's why Napoleon left the kings chamber with an ashen face, also he was about to tell what happened there but he also said "you wouldn't believe me anyway" when he was about to say,but then changed his mind. Whatever the truth is, its well outside the general paradigm of Napoleons times. We can assume he gained some type of information. Which wouldn't not have been received well if he went public. We can only guess at what it was, but it obviously had something to do with sleeping in that particular place. Which might suggest at the true purpose of the structure.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I thought Zahi was in jail or at least been hunted down by some lawenforcement agency.. First off, after watching a few of his docu-drama's in and around the great pyramid of Giza I began to despise Zahi Hawass. Rumours about corruption and the shady way he earned his degree did not contribute in making our relationship any better.

Besides being an egyptologist Zahi is also an egyptian archaeologist. His behaviour and display of insecurity and un- professionalism do these branches of science not any good when it comes to studying the works of the ancient egyptian kings. Maybe (read: hopefully) this event will contribute to his downfall and discredit by his colleques in his proffesion.

Science in general should avoid working with such characters. Such scientist restrain the progress of science.

I hope I am not to hard on him because look what a nice and friendly face...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Hawas has a job and pension to worry about, plus the Egyptian tourist authority would be down on him like a ton of bricks, it all boils down to money.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well, Hawass is of course protecting the search for the Hall of Records, in line with Edgar Cayce´s ARE foundation which he is very closesly connected to (he got his PhD from a scholarship trough the foundation). Just google Hawass and Cayce.

Hawass has a long story of stopping other archaelogists from doing excavations at Giza. Of course he will protest against Graham Hancock but in this instance he was opposing Hancock mentioning Robert Bauval who he as even grater enemy.

My personal opinion is that he should try to seek cooperation and also be more open about the findings at Giza. There are so many excavations and documentations that he is just stopping because they don´t fit into his own history line.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

Scott,

Open up a little bit here, brother. Tell us what you really think.

Was Joe Rogan on the mark when he said the Egyptians 'moved in' on the site? I know he wasn't the first to express that belief. I heard it myself 35 years ago. Made sense then. Makes sense still.

-Cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

First off, after watching a few of his docu-drama's in and around the great pyramid of Giza I began to despise Zahi Hawass.

I didn't know much about Hawass until I created this thread back in 2012: The Secret Caves of Giza [doco]. After watching that doco it became very obvious to me that Hawass cares much more about upholding his version of reality then he does about uncovering the truth. Ever since then his actions have only confirmed my beliefs about him.

Besides being an egyptologist Zahi is also an egyptian archaeologist.

He was also Secretary General of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities then the Vice Minister of Culture and then Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs. He has held a great deal of power over the official version of Egyptian history during the span of his career and there's no doubt he has helped to suppress many important discoveries.

Science in general should avoid working with such characters.

Unfortunately the scientific world is rife with egotistical cry babies such as Hawass, and even more unfortunate is that history is often written by those people because they are more stubborn than anyone else and never stop pushing their version of history.
edit on 24/4/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Thank you for posting Scott. This simply confirms my impression of Zahi Hawass as a despotic and self centered man. He may be a professional, skilled archaeologist with merits, but he has a nasty habit of not wanting to listen to others once he has made up his mind. Science is not about building a legacy around yourself and your theories, then defend them in absurdum. It's about trying every possible path and theory in order to approach something you can call the truth. What that truth is does not matter.

Posterity will try and re-try every established truth put in place by Hawass, I believe we're still up for a lot of surprises in Egyptology...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I thought this would be about honest academic research, not about propping up false research with personal attacks.

Apparently Hawass still believes Buaval and Hancock had a role in the theft of paint chips from the Great Pyramid's relieving chambers.

"Fingerprints of the Gods" is plain and simple bad science.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i am in egypt at the moment i was at the debate, i have been in egypt with graham for 2 weeks now as part of a tour, hawass acted like a clown he was sweating so much he was unable to answer questions and he was getting others to answer questions for him at times, he was rude to graham and showed zero respect, graham was a gentleman the entire time, after "answering" a few questions he said he was far too tired to continue the debate and left, i saw him at dinner he was sitting there drinking wine and laughing and enjoying conversations with his entourage he didnt look tired at all then, what a joke the guy is a coward and ran with his tail between his legs, graham is one of the most genuine people i have met and deserves to be treated with respect, in my opinion hawass"s cowardly performance shows to me that what graham is saying has truth to it and that hawass has no credible answers to debate with.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i bet he said you must be punished.

i can't find the part i wanted, so i made this one.

Look, he's no angel, but in this case he was legitimately angry. That girl had just urinated inside the pyramid!

Context people!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

look it was his arrogant attitude, like he's king sh@@ on turd hill.

his words,

You don't deserve to be working with me.

if he wanted to impress me, he should have said working in a historical site, instead of referencing himself. and then promising punishment for diss'n him.

people that act like some of these sites should be worshiped. please, it's just stone and dirt that was built a long time ago for, if you follow the preferred belief of why they were built, was to stoke the ego of other egomaniacs who pretended to be gods. who knew damn good and well they weren't.

to berate a person for a accident, that probably wasn't one just a staged prank, (it is said that hawass, the cast and the producers acted like the show was a running inside joke) is just sad. now if she would have dropped her panties and squatted over a cartouche or something like that i might could see going off, if he didn't reference himself.

and i bet you a hundred dollars to doughnuts she's not the first to piss in the pyramid! i bet you that there were some that actually pissed in while it was supposedly being built for a king or while there may have been one in it. it's just a monument built by man. nothing more. granted it has historic value, but you know what sh@@ happens in life.

hows that for some Context ese.

edit on 24-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
I feel like such an ignorant noob...but who are you Scott and why do you have your own forum and how the heck did I miss all this?

Anyone remember when they discovered something and Hawass had Bill Pullman with him? It was like in 2000 or so and I remember him being such a dick. The whole thing was so awkward.

Hawass will never be open to an idea like this
debate again.
he comes across as towing the line for
a story that is crumbling by the day.

And the reason I quoted is I'd like to be filled in as well,
how the heck do you get your own forum ?
Anyone know how some members have 8 million stars?
Not that I care obviously haha.
But some members avatar and stars look like
the uniform of a Central American Dictator General
on their Birthday. it's kind of ridiculous.
edit on 24-4-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: paragraphs

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

My bottom line?

The OP, the link et al seem to want us to conflate/equate whether we "like" Hawass with whether all history, research and science surrounding the Pyramids and history at large is credible or not?

Whether the accounting of this debate is correct or bias, whether Hawass behaved badly or not? completely different questions from did Aliens build the pyramids.

No offense, but moving on now.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Are you referring to the JRE show with Hancock or some random JRE show? I get you don't remember but maybe you remember if it was just Joe and Brian or if it was with Graham as well....
edit on 24-4-2015 by BeefNoMeat because: if

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Your context is unrealistic this amounts to going to someone's grave and pissing on their headstone it's a lack of respect. But even that aside an archeologist doesn't go puss ing on artifacts they know better. And he's right she doesn't deserve to work with him

edit on 4/24/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join