It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone name a religion that DOESNT believe in reincarnation?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Christians will not be judged:

Once again you are greatly mistaken in your interpretation. Not saying that the translation is totally wrong but only that interpretation is not understood correctly by some. As a person passes from death directly to life that person must have a determination by God as to being just or unjust. That is a judgment. The meaning of passing into life means that a person who is justified is a conscious spirit who leaves the terrestrial body and receives a celestial body. Naturally if that person is unjust that spirit will be condemned by the judgment of being unjust for the kingdom of heaven.

Now this is the reason that the Geneva, KJV as well as Eth Cepher have translated this very same word of Judgment as condemnation. This word judgment can be construed as to mean not guilty but that is not the case at all. Everyone is guilty but by grace are not condemned. Therefore the word chosen by the Geneva and KJV bibles were translated as condemned.

KJV Bible
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

All men will be judged but all will not be condemned. You must have judgment in order to be either not condemned or condemned. Heaven or hell. There is no back door for some and a front door for others.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

As a person passes from death directly to life that person must have a determination by God as to being just or unjust.

And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord stood by.

Mankind stands "accused" by Satan, not God. The Angel of the Lord, who may be your "Christ", takes away iniquity of his "chosen" without judgement or condemnation. His followers are given new clothes and new directions.

Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

There is no judgment between lifetimes for "the chosen ones".

edit on 28-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Mankind stands "accused" by Satan, not God. The Angel of the Lord, who may be your "Christ", takes away iniquity of his "chosen" without judgement or condemnation. His followers are given new clothes and new directions.

Yes, all people have and are sinning and are accused by Satan. All people are also judged as to be worthy or unworthy for salvation. Now whether we disagree on a word shows just how important one word can be. As I can determine from your conversation we shall never agree upon the Christianity of your understanding and the Christianity of my understanding. The Begotten of God who was the Christ Jesus is not an angel such as is your understanding that is for sure.

Total disregard of John 1:19-23 shows total disregard for dividing the words of truth and with that said then no more can be added.

Again it is written - 2Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yes, all people have and are sinning and are accused by Satan. All people are also judged as to be worthy or unworthy for salvation.

Who is worthy of salvation? Are you?

Total disregard of John 1:19-23 shows total disregard for dividing the words of truth and with that said then no more can be added.

What do you do with teachings that contradict the word of your LORD? Do you totally disregard them, or do you do mental gymnastics to justify them because you want them to be true?

Again it is written - 2Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Again, who you gonna believe, Paul or Jesus? It's up to you, I guess.

edit on 28-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Who is worthy of salvation? Are you?

I truly don't know. I will know after I am judged.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

What do you do with teachings that contradict the word of your LORD? Do you totally disregard them, or do you do mental gymnastics to justify them because you want them to be true?

Teachings of the Apostles do not contradict. Interpretations of self are at fault and not the Apostles teachings.

Again, who you gonna believe, Paul or Jesus? It's up to you, I guess.

Jesus taught Paul and Paul is the author of what Jesus taught him. Jesus wrote no known book. The red letter editions are not what Jesus wrote but what the Apostles wrote of Jesus. To believe what one Apostle wrote and disbelieve what another Apostle wrote shows your own errors of interpretation. I believe Paul wrote the truth concerning Jesus just as I believe Jesus loved Paul.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Jesus taught Paul and Paul is the author of what Jesus taught him. Jesus wrote no known book. The red letter editions are not what Jesus wrote but what the Apostles wrote of Jesus. To believe what one Apostle wrote and disbelieve what another Apostle wrote shows your own errors of interpretation.

God has always loved a good game of Chinese Whispers.

Seede, you just really don't care about the whole "rewritten & retranslated by untold amounts of men" thing, do you?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So when there's a contradiction, Paul and John trump the written words of Jesus, according to you. Okay, then. Good to know.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

Seede, you just really don't care about the whole "rewritten & retranslated by untold amounts of men" thing, do you?

Yes I do care and in fact just purchased Eth Cepher in comparison to other translations. Please explain the untold amounts of men thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

So when there's a contradiction, Paul and John trump the written words of Jesus, according to you. Okay, then. Good to know.

Of course not. Jesus is the tree and John and Paul are the branches. John and Paul cannot trump the teacher and I have never implied that. The mistake you have made is that the NT does not contain Jesus' writings. All of the NT contains the Apostles writings so how could Paul or John trump Jesus' writings? Jesus has no writings to my knowledge. If you can produce Jesus' writings then the NT is not necessary.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Jesus is the tree and John and Paul are the branches.

Technically, Jesus is The Branch:

Isaiah 11:1
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

Jeremiah 23:5
The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land.

Jeremiah 33:15
'In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David's line; he will do what is just and right in the land.

Zechariah 3:8
Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.

Zechariah 6:12
And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord

The mistake you have made is that the NT does not contain Jesus' writings. All of the NT contains the Apostles writings so how could Paul or John trump Jesus' writings? Jesus has no writings to my knowledge. If you can produce Jesus' writings then the NT is not necessary.

So, are you saying that the Gospels can't be trusted to convey Jesus' true teachings and their meanings? How can we trust that Jesus said anything at all?

Your excuse doesn't explain why, when there's a contradiction, you give more weight to John and Paul's supposed words than you do towards the supposed words that are credited of your LORD.

I'm afraid I can't trust your interpretation of the Bible, Jesus' words or Christianity.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Your excuse doesn't explain why, when there's a contradiction, you give more weight to John and Paul's supposed words than you do towards the supposed words that are credited of your LORD. I'm afraid I can't trust your interpretation of the Bible, Jesus' words or Christianity.

Yes it is believe by the Christians that Jesus is the Branch. Jesus is the Branch of God and He is also the Tree of man. He had life within Him and is the resurrection.

Now back to my question. All of the NT contains the Apostles writings and nothing written by Jesus so how could Paul and John trump Jesus' writings?

It was you who brought the accusation of impropriety against two of the authors of the NT bible. How do you justify that decision? Does this include the six or possibly seven other authors as well? Then you have judged the Apostles of which you said yourself that you cannot enter into judgment. Is not that hypocrisy? Your confusion is within yourself and not the Apostles.

If you (by your own mouth) have said " I can't trust your interpretation of the Bible, Jesus' words or Christianity." and then quote the very bible that you condemn, then you need to re examine your self. You are very confused.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yes it is believe by the Christians that Jesus is the Branch. Jesus is the Branch of God and He is also the Tree of man.

The Tree of Man? I've never heard of that. I've heard some Christians claim that Jesus is the Tree of Life, but there's really no biblical basis to back that up.

It was you who brought the accusation of impropriety against two of the authors of the NT bible. How do you justify that decision?

I have shown you, repeatedly, how I've come to that decision.

It's the words of Jesus himself that make my case.

If you (by your own mouth) have said " I can't trust your interpretation of the Bible, Jesus' words or Christianity." and then quote the very bible that you condemn, then you need to re examine your self. You are very confused.

That's right. I find your interpretation of Jesus' teachings according to the Bible you profess to be truth, to be untrustworthy, as your priorities are NOT toward the teachings of Jesus but toward the commentaries of a man who never met or quoted your LORD, like Paul, and those who contradict his words, like John and Paul.

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

To anyone who claims differently, I say GET THE BEHIND ME SATAN!, including John, Paul and you too!

edit on 29-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I can't trust your interpretation of the Bible, Jesus' words or Christianity.

You have condemned Paul and John and now is Luke the next as he writes that Paul did meet Jesus several times after his conversion?

Act 18:9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
Act 18:10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

And again

Act 23:11 And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

Red Letter by the way-------------

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If you want to argue the legitimacy of the authorship and historicity of the Gospels and epistles, start another thread on the topic, and I'd be happy to join in the discussion. This one's about identifying a religion that doesn't support reincarnation. So far, we haven't found one, and Christianity 'aint it!

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join