It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Confront Soldiers During War, Says Ex-Air Force Intelligence Officer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

95% of sightings turn out to be identified so that must mean that things get misidentified pretty often.

I hear this statistic tossed around casually by people who try to deny a UFO and alien connection. And it is often just accepted without being questioned. Well, I have a few questions.

Who came up with it? Based on what lists of sightings? Most sightings go unreported, so you must mean reported sightings?

Reported to who, to the police? Most police wont take a ufo sighting, they tell you to call the airport, or local military, neither of which take ufo sightings either. So what agencies compiled the reports?

And who selected which cases were examined and identified, did one organization or agency examined ALL sightings? Or was it the combined research of various private, or military, or aviation investigative agencies and organizations that determine a sighting "solved"?

Was this an international effort? Over what period of time was this statistic compiled? Before the internet, the ability to even report a UFO sighting was severely limited, so are these statistics from the 1950?

To whose satisfaction were these sightings identified? Did the actual witnesses agree with the "official explanation"?

For example, what about the Phoenix triangle? Was that case considered "solved"? Or is it in the 5% of unsolved cases?

You watch, folks.

The closer we look at the statistic that 95% of UFO sightings are solved, the more it will prove to be unsubstantiated.

Like Mark Twain said, "There are three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Despite this being an excellent set of questions to ask regarding a number that is thrown around a lot, I seriously doubt your sincerity in wanting to understand what makes up the percentage. In contrast consider this comment you made:

I tend to agree with Mr. Marrs, 25% sounds a lot more accurate. Marrs really understand the alien situation better than the vast majority of researchers.

Someone gave you a number and you didn't even flinch at agreeing with it because it "sounds a lot more accurate". Not even a question on where to find the info. Do you have this info? In contrast, someone gave you a detailed response on what made up the 95% number complete with links.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is there any reason you just accept a number other than because you simply agree with it? Why wouldn't you apply the same vigorous set of questions to the Marz numbers?

Any comments on the corporal forms from this post? www.abovetopsecret.com... How could you possibly let that go?

edit on 21-4-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

What would be interesting would be to go back and plot the direction of the objects reported with the trajectories of observed (visually or radio tracked) meteors during that same month of July 1952.

You know that is a most interesting theory JS. 1952 was Project Bluebook's biggest year of unidentified sightings by a long way.

I looked into the DC sightings a while back and didn't feel the temperature inversions were enough of an explanation to me. 'Project Palladium' took me off in another direction and it certainly seems plausible that, what we now know to be ECM (Electronic Counter Measures) , were being deployed over US home soil around that time. But it didn't explain the, very few, visual sightings.

What makes me think this was planned comes from this quote about the DC sighting from the then Head of Project Bluebook :

"A few days prior to the incident, a scientist, from an agency that I can't name and I were talking about the build-up of reports along the east coast of the United States". At the end of the two hour conversation, the scientist made a prediction: ..... 'Within the next few days....they're going to blow up and you're going to have the granddaddy of all UFO sightings. The sighting will occur in Washington or New York,' he predicted, 'probably Washington.'"

Source : Captain Edward Ruppelt - ”The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects”

If ECM was being deployed alongside these meteor displays then that may wrap that case up.

The photo of the event that once nearly fooled me has now been explained.

And this often used video in TV shows also, sadly, a recreation

I'll also probably be accused of being a disinfo agent for trashing one of the best known American UFO cases now as well

Anyway good luck on your continuing communication with Stanton Friedman. I personally think he became financially locked into promoting the 'aliens are visiting us' angle a long time ago. But the guy certainly has intelligence, charisma and knows how to get people engaged in his subject. He would make a good speaker for NASA on certain projects.

He might even be proven to be right about aliens one day as well.

Regards MM .....

edit on 21/4/15 by mirageman because: moor mus spilled wurdz

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Its pointless trying to reason with them. I can say that the cookie monster broke into my home last night and ate all my Chips Ahoy and I will have provided just as much verifiable evidence as all UFO/ET braincases in the world combined in the last 50 years.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Its pointless trying to reason with them. I can say that the cookie monster broke into my home last night and ate all my Chips Ahoy and I will have provided just as much verifiable evidence as all UFO/ET braincases in the world combined in the last 50 years.

True that. But the post demonstrates the true meaning of confirmation bias in all its glory. There it is for all to see.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Too bad the presence of aliens wasn't determined by popular opinion, I wish it were. There are certainly more people on here with your opinion. If it was up for a vote, there would be no alien abductions. Which would be fine with us "braincases".

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Aquariusdude
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The public rarely hears about interactions between military personnel and unexplained aircraft -- especially during wartime.

As time goes on, however, UFO stories stuck behind red tape begin to see the light of day. The Vietnam War saw its share of UFO activity in the 1960s.

One close encounter, in 1968, involved the crew of an American patrol boat that reported two glowing circular craft following them in the demilitarized zone that separated North and South Vietnam

The crew aboard a second patrol boat later reported seeing the UFOs over the first boat and a flash of light, followed by an explosion that completely destroyed the boat. These Vietnam reports included close observation of the unknown aerial craft which appeared to house pilots

You'd have an aircraft flying along, doing around 500 knots and a UFO comes alongside and does some barrel rolls around the aircraft and then flies off at three times the speed of one of the fastest jets we have in the Air Force. So, obviously, it has a technology far in advance of anything we have.

Here we have credible witnesses reporting an incredible phenomenon.These witnesses are well trained and because of this we should take there statements very seriously

Didn't a lot of VIetnam vets do psychedelic and other mind altering drugs? Didn't a lot of them end up in mental institutions?

Can we really say they are credible witnesses given the psychological stress of war?

Wow. That's a rather nasty and broad statement directed towards the men and women who fought in one of the worst wars our country has ever seen.

Shame on you for making such a statement in order to bolster your own agenda related to the subject at hand.

edit on 21-4-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Talked to a lot of Aussie vietnam vets while travelling around my country.

All good blokes, don't get me wrong. But the majority of them weren't shy about admitting the whole ordeal really did there head in. Don't know if psychedelics had much to do with it, rather than what a messy war it was.

But still, it'd be very naive to claim they're all the definition of good mental health and have any more credibility than the general public.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I think drug use in the military is a fair point regarding sightings of UFOs.

Flying High - American Pilots Pop 'Go Pills' - Then Go Kill

But the taking of amphetamines isn't just limited to pilots in Afghanistan. The surgeon said that combat pilots in the U.S. military have been popping pills for the past 60 years. This, according to my reckoning, takes us way back to World War II. It is common knowledge that the British issued stimulants to their pilots during the Second World War and, according to some reports may have offered sedatives to airmen during the conflict in the Falklands.

The head honchos in the U.S. military don't agree. Although psycho-stimulants have been in common use in the military for six decades, it wasn't until 1960 that they were officially sanctioned. The first widespread, although undocumented, use probably occurred during the Korean and Vietnam Wars. During the Vietnam War, the drugs of choice for members of the U.S. military were opiates. A 1971 study undertaken by Professor Lee N. Robins, PhD, showed that almost half of those serving had been using either opium or heroin. While military commanders did in no way sanction the practice, they obviously chose to turn a blind eye. Immediately following the Gulf War, U.S. pilots were given questionnaires in an attempt to quantify the use of Dexedrine. Analysis showed that 65 per cent of pilots used amphetamines during combat. So, two-thirds of American bomber pilots routinely fly while under the influence of a potentially dangerous drug. A drug, which if ingested by a civilian pilot or even a driver would inevitably lead to a term of imprisonment.

It does seem to be the case that drug use in the military is common knowledge and has been implicated in friendly fire incidents. Why wouldn't it contribute to UFO sightings in some cases? But the "Psychedelic pill popping Viet Nam vet from the 60's" is a bit of a stereotype. I have never seen a UFO...not that I remember.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Neither one of those drugs are hallucinogens though.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Neither one of those drugs are hallucinogens though.

That is true. It is also true that I have never seen a UFO so hallucinogens don't necessarily make you see UFOs either. Those drugs can distort perceptions. Same as any drug really. There is Stimulant psychosis. I don't want to post the links but it does appear that the opiates can cause hallucinations. Nothing provable that any of that was the cause of a single UFO sighting though.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

The public rarely hears about interactions between military personnel and unexplained aircraft -- especially during wartime.

As time goes on, however, UFO stories stuck behind red tape begin to see the light of day. The Vietnam War saw its share of UFO activity in the 1960s.

One close encounter, in 1968, involved the crew of an American patrol boat that reported two glowing circular craft following them in the demilitarized zone that separated North and South Vietnam

The crew aboard a second patrol boat later reported seeing the UFOs over the first boat and a flash of light, followed by an explosion that completely destroyed the boat. These Vietnam reports included close observation of the unknown aerial craft which appeared to house pilots

You'd have an aircraft flying along, doing around 500 knots and a UFO comes alongside and does some barrel rolls around the aircraft and then flies off at three times the speed of one of the fastest jets we have in the Air Force. So, obviously, it has a technology far in advance of anything we have.

Here we have credible witnesses reporting an incredible phenomenon.These witnesses are well trained and because of this we should take there statements very seriously

Didn't a lot of VIetnam vets do psychedelic and other mind altering drugs? Didn't a lot of them end up in mental institutions?

Can we really say they are credible witnesses given the psychological stress of war?

Wow. That's a rather nasty and broad statement directed towards the men and women who fought in one of the worst wars our country has ever seen.

Shame on you for making such a statement in order to bolster your own agenda related to the subject at hand.

I agree with you, she should be ashamed, but she isn't.

It is sad and a little bit creepy how low these deniers will stoop to prop up their argument that there are no aliens here.

Between Jim Oberg dragging the late astronaut Gordon Cooper through the mud simply for his stance on UFOs, and now jadestar's dishonoring our servicemen and women, I wonder if there is any attack they'd find too outlandish or offensive.

And these two are scientists.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Just wondering how your search for the thousands of DC 1952 sightings witnesses is getting on?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Just wondering how your search for the thousands of DC 1952 sightings witnesses is getting on?

I have not yet established a higher number of witnesses with certainty, not through internet sources, other resources will take time.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

I agree with you, she should be ashamed, but she isn't.

Just settle down there big fella! She made a perfectly rational & reasonable argument. If anything she should be proud.

btw, I'm still waiting for that alien abduction thread. Was it grays or maybe Nordics? Or maybe your feeling really adventurous and want to make up a story about reptilian aliens?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

In science we often take the opposite position of that which we believe, have a hunch or intuition about because it keeps us in check. This is routinely done so that we don't bias our results so even though I might -want- that anomalous signal to be ET, I'm going to investigate the hell out of it to rule out every more down to Earth possibility first.

Starred you for this!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

"Foo fighters" or "Foo bombs"were a Nazi remote controlled weapon developed during WW2. The weaponry was descovered by a. Freedom of Information search in the 1990's. There is nothing alien about the technology simply man made...Radio controlled devices have been around in general public since 1898..

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Don't waste your time. It will only produce anecdotal "evidence" and prove nothing.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This is why I tend not log on much these days,

What statements?

You quoted 3 questions asked to garner discussion about the fact that yes many did use during the Vietnam war and could that be factor.

You should learn what a question mark means

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I agree with you,

Jeez who would have thought.

You agree that questions are statements, I guess one can interpret a question as such however it shows their state of mind when they read and hear things.

and now jadestar's dishonoring our servicemen and women,

Lets use your approach, like 'Oh I didn't say that or this' even after you are quoted multiple times saying such,

please provide links or quote what was said to show how servicemen are being dishonored in this thread.

If you are serious with all the jiberish you post and not just having a laugh I fear the safety of those around you, you sound traumatized like its been suggested.

You need help, but like Jade said you are stuck and cant or wont look elsewhere, you know what you know and are an expert in alien relations,

Not sure why such a person would troll websites such as this and not have much more important things to deal with.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Well people on here claim to see things and basically LIE about the event.

On one thread on here a member posted a picture of a claimed ufo with his time date location and camera phone data I could show it wss the Moon and even posting a picture from the same model of phone of the Moon to show size etc was the same they still would not accept it.

That tells it's own story !.

edit on 22-4-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join