It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Confront Soldiers During War, Says Ex-Air Force Intelligence Officer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The public rarely hears about interactions between military personnel and unexplained aircraft -- especially during wartime.

As time goes on, however, UFO stories stuck behind red tape begin to see the light of day. The Vietnam War saw its share of UFO activity in the 1960s.

One close encounter, in 1968, involved the crew of an American patrol boat that reported two glowing circular craft following them in the demilitarized zone that separated North and South Vietnam

The crew aboard a second patrol boat later reported seeing the UFOs over the first boat and a flash of light, followed by an explosion that completely destroyed the boat. These Vietnam reports included close observation of the unknown aerial craft which appeared to house pilots

You'd have an aircraft flying along, doing around 500 knots and a UFO comes alongside and does some barrel rolls around the aircraft and then flies off at three times the speed of one of the fastest jets we have in the Air Force. So, obviously, it has a technology far in advance of anything we have.

Here we have credible witnesses reporting an incredible phenomenon.These witnesses are well trained and because of this we should take there statements very seriously.Who or what is piloting these incredible crafts that leaves our aircraft's in the dust? There is no question that they exist,thousands of reports from credible people have reported seeing these apparently intelligently controlled craft.These craft also tend to show up on radar.Can we really continue to deny that this phenomenon is real?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Filer (pictured at right) recalled how his radar scope indicated the UFO was as big as the huge Firth of Forth Bridge in Scotland that he and his crew often used as a regular navigation point.

"The 'thing' was at 1,000 feet and we were descending from 32,000 feet. We picked up this huge radar return while we were still about 30 miles out. It was dark out and when we got much closer to the object, we saw lights around it, outlining the shape of a cylinder, like a cruise ship. It then just quickly rose and went up into space.

"We were pretty sure we'd just seen a UFO."

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Having seen one myself on a perfectly clear day I know they're real.

I just wonder wtf is going on? Extraterrestrial, top secret military, holographic, or interdimensional glitch of some sort?

Those are the only options......just kidding, cool thread, the UFO phenomenon is real but I wonder if we will ever learn just what these unidentified flying objects are.

Eta: after reading some posts I realize I should add, not only on a perfectly clear day, also, sober as a bird.
edit on 19-4-2015 by GoShredAK because: Eta

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Having seen one myself on a perfectly clear day I know they're real.

I just wonder wtf is going on? Extraterrestrial, top secret military, holographic, or interdimensional glitch of some sort?

Those are the only options......just kidding, cool thread, the UFO phenomenon is real but I wonder if we will ever learn just what these unidentified flying objects are.

I hope that within our lifetimes we learn there true origins.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

Why doesn't't this story include the registration number of the patrol boat so that the story can be verified?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude

The public rarely hears about interactions between military personnel and unexplained aircraft -- especially during wartime.

As time goes on, however, UFO stories stuck behind red tape begin to see the light of day. The Vietnam War saw its share of UFO activity in the 1960s.

One close encounter, in 1968, involved the crew of an American patrol boat that reported two glowing circular craft following them in the demilitarized zone that separated North and South Vietnam

The crew aboard a second patrol boat later reported seeing the UFOs over the first boat and a flash of light, followed by an explosion that completely destroyed the boat. These Vietnam reports included close observation of the unknown aerial craft which appeared to house pilots

You'd have an aircraft flying along, doing around 500 knots and a UFO comes alongside and does some barrel rolls around the aircraft and then flies off at three times the speed of one of the fastest jets we have in the Air Force. So, obviously, it has a technology far in advance of anything we have.

Here we have credible witnesses reporting an incredible phenomenon.These witnesses are well trained and because of this we should take there statements very seriously

Didn't a lot of VIetnam vets do psychedelic and other mind altering drugs? Didn't a lot of them end up in mental institutions?

Can we really say they are credible witnesses given the psychological stress of war?

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Jim Steffes, ENC, USN Retired, served on the patrol boat PCF-12 on the night of the Hobart 'incident', and he confirms strange goings-on in the sky. In his article 'The sinking of PCF-19 as seen from PCF-12', he states the PCF-12 met the ill-fated PCF-19 at sea that night to fix the PCF-19's radar. At approximately 0030 hours the PCF-12 received a 'flash traffic' that PCF-19, the first 'friendly fire' target, had disappeared in a flash of light. The PCF-12 reached the scene as Point Dume was pulling the two badly wounded survivors aboard. As PCF-12 searched in vain for more survivors, she found she had company.

www.ufoevidence.org...

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Here we have credible witnesses reporting an incredible phenomenon.These witnesses are well trained and because of this we should take there statements very seriously

Didn't a lot of VIetnam vets do psychedelic and other mind altering drugs? Didn't a lot of them end up in mental institutions?

Can we really say they are credible witnesses given the psychological stress of war?

An Ex Air Force Intelligence officer doing psychedelics really?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.swiftboats.org...

Found a tribute to a crew-member of PCF-19..Apparently all crew-members of PCF-19 are deceased.

On July 8, 2006, a Memorial Service was held in Danville, Illinois for PCF-19 crewman, John Robert "Bob" Anderegg. He was given the military honors he so deserved.

A floral wreath was sent from the Association along with letters to Connie (Anderegg) Messenger and their three daughters and to Sandy Anderegg for the Anderegg family.

Tribute to the crew of PCF-19: LT (jg) John D. Davis; BM2 Anthony "Tony" Chandler; EN2 Edward C. Cruz; QM2 Frank Bowman; GMG2 Billy Stanley Armstrong; GMGSN John Robert "Bob" Anderegg; and, Vietnamese Liaison Bui Quang Thi.

With the military burial of Tony Chandler's remains on 16 June 2001, the passing of OinC John Davis on 21 January 2006, and the military memorial service for Bob Anderegg, the crew is once again complete and on their Last Patrol.

In their memory and honor, July has been designated PCF-19 Month....we will NEVER FORGET.

edit on pmqupmSun, 19 Apr 2015 13:05:00 -050005u0019u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As well as this story on the new season of 'UFO files', they also talk about a man who appears on the show, claiming to be a marine who spent a few years stationed on Mars.

lol, I'll just leave it there, I think.
edit on 19-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That story is unrelated to what the EX- Air-force Intelligence officer had to say about UFO's in Vietnam.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

It's on the same tv series. Clearly there scraping the bottom of the barrel now, not that it was ever really a very credible or interesting show.

Personally, I don't know why people even pay any attention to these witness reports of UFO's anymore. People lie, sometimes very convincingly. Show me photo evidence or I'm not interested.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It's on the same tv series. Clearly there scraping the bottom of the barrel now, not that it was ever really a very credible or interesting show.

Personally, I don't know why people even pay any attention to these witness reports of UFO's anymore. People lie, sometimes very convincingly. Show me photo evidence or I'm not interested

The patrol boat that was mentioned in the article is REAL and was in fact destroyed with only two survivors..Now the question is who or what destroyed the patrol boat?

Just because photos don't exist does not mean the event did not occur.And even if photographic evidence were produced I am sure you would still deny it occurred.

edit on pmqupmSun, 19 Apr 2015 13:36:01 -050036u0119u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You have been watching way too many TV shows that portray vets as crazed, mentally disturbed druggies. Ignore Hollywood.

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Jadestar here displaying the debunker version of the scientific method: when the witness statements point to aliens, attack the credibility of the witnesses. Easy as that, case closed, right jadestar?

It's funny, if these serial deniers really have the weight of science on their side, why do they always resort to twisting the truth to dismiss valid evidence?

If they were correct, they wouldn't have to twist the truth.

Don't change the evidence to fit the theory, change the theory to fit the evidence.

Didn't they teach you that in science class?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Personally, I don't know why people even pay any attention to these witness reports of UFO's anymore. People lie, sometimes very convincingly. Show me photo evidence or I'm not interested

The patrol boat that was mentioned in the article is REAL and was in fact destroyed with only two survivors..Now the question is who or what destroyed the patrol boat?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say a patrol boat getting sunk during the Vietnam war probably wasn't exactly what would call a 'phenomenal occurrence'.

Just because photos don't exist does not mean the event did not occur.And even if photographic evidence were produced I am sure you would still deny it occurred.

If there was genuine photographic evidence of a flying saucer that had traveled light years though the universe, then rocked up to Vietnam purely to destroy some patrol boat, I would be very impressed to say the least.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If there was genuine photographic evidence of a flying saucer that had traveled light years though the universe, then rocked up to Vietnam purely to destroy some patrol boat, I would be very impressed to say the least.

Who said they travel light years through the universe? Do you think they are no more advanced than we are? That would be a foolish assumption.

And what makes you think they arrived moments before this action and left immediately afterwards? No evidence to indicate that.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Here we have a an Ex- Air-force intelligence officer,a man that had top secret clearance describe an event that is corroborated with the sinking of the patrol boat..

If the objects were piloted by aliens how can we assume what there intentions were? Also if they are aliens how do we know what traveling across the universe would be like? For all we know it could be no different then going down the street to the grocery store..

Now I am not saying these objects are piloted by aliens..What I am saying is that this is a real phenomenon that needs to be looked at more closely.I would not discount an EX Air force Intelligence Officers claims especially when its corroborated with the sinking of the patrol boat..

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

Who said they travel light years through the universe? Do you think they are no more advanced than we are? That would be a foolish assumption.

And what makes you think they arrived moments before this action and left immediately afterwards? No evidence to indicate that.

No evidence to indicate they were ever here to begin with, either...

As for your light years comment, you do realize light years are a measure of distance, not time, right?

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I was wondering how long it would be before I saw that rebuttal.

Now I don't want to accuse anyone of disinformation but I see a couple of posts that fit certain criteria of disinformation tactics. Everyone should be made aware of what they are portraying whether they know it or not. There are 25 Main Ways To Suppress Truth. Be careful, don't let yourself and your responses serve as a reflection of this deception. The above is a variant of #20, False Evidence.

20. FALSE EVIDENCE Whenever possible, introduce new facts or clues designed and manufactured to conflict with opponent presentations as useful tools to neutralize sensitive issues or impede resolution

Jade what you are doing here is a variation of the above. It can be categorized as "impeding resolution". In this case, a random solution gets thrown out with no real basis in validity, specifically speaking. While vets have been known to indulge during this period, you are assuming the specific witnesses in question (Air Force Intelligence Personnel) where under the influence of mind altering drugs during the time of the sightings. There is no evidence of intoxication among these officers available so it falls under "False Evidence".

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Personally, I don't know why people even pay any attention to these witness reports of UFO's anymore. People lie, sometimes very convincingly. Show me photo evidence or I'm not interested.

This type of refute is very common and also very flimsy. It falls under #19.

19. Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a variant of the "play dumb" rule. Regardless of what material may be presented by an opponent in public forums, claim the material irrelevant and demand proof that is impossible for the opponent to come by (it may exist, but not be at his disposal, or it may be something which is known to be safely destroyed or withheld, such as a murder weapon). In order to completely avoid discussing issues may require you to categorically deny and be critical of media or books as valid sources, deny that witnesses are acceptable, or even deny that statements made by government or other authorities have any meaning or relevance.

The witness' observations are being intentionally ignored. A generalization is being made that these witnesses lied due to a general consensus of lying being common amongst people overall. If that's the case, then why do we believe anything at all.
Moreover, you are asking for photo evidence. That falls under "demanding impossible proofs". How is photo evidence going to be of any value in determining the superior velocity that these crafts are said to be operating? Asking him to produce evidence of that nature is a hard task. We know for a fact that suspicious videos and photos are prone to quick confiscation and not meant for public domain. The very same thing happened at Vandenburg Airforce Base back in the 60's. An inability to produce evidence of this capacity, due to the above restrictions, in no way helps a argument centered on outright denying multiple cases of detailed eyewitness accounts and statements.

I encourage everyone to click the link. You may be unintentionally suppressing truth and not even know it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join