It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Confront Soldiers During War, Says Ex-Air Force Intelligence Officer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa
First of all, I apologize if that came off too harshly. It wasn't my intention to insult.

To clarify, I don't believe in aliens, so I can't really give believers a bad name. If you wish, you could amend your statement to me giving open-minded skeptics a bad name, though I would disagree.

There are people who claim to "know" of the existence of Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, Ghosts, God etc... and yes, I'm sure you could find children who claim to "know" the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus is real.

Can't you see that from an outsider's perspective (someone who isn't so lucky as to see ET like you) your claims are no different?
edit on 21-4-2015 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
First of all, I apologize if that came off too harshly. It wasn't my intention to insult.

To clarify, I don't believe in aliens, so I can't really give believers a bad name. If you wish, you could amend your statement to me giving open-minded skeptics a bad name, though I would disagree.

There are people who claim to "know" of the existence of Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, Ghosts, God etc... and yes, I'm sure you could find children who claim to "know" the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus is real.

Can't you see that from an outsider's perspective (someone who isn't so lucky as to see ET like you) your claims are no different?

Apology accepted. I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

I've been put on the defensive from all sides tonight, and I'm signing off to go to bed. But to respond very quickly, I have no problem accepting bigfoot, ghosts, or even god to be real. I'm less open to the Loch ness monster, but I'm not in a position to know one way or the other about any of these topics.

But for now I will just say this; The Air Force hasn't spent seventy years chasing the Easter Bunny.

Good night.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Now you change your claim to I IMPLIED "aliens are here because I know they are here"? Pure bull. Your credibility?

"Aliens are here", I've said that. And "I know aliens are here", I've said that.

I've made it very clear that I know aliens are here because I have had first hand contact with them. That's how I know aliens are here, and I've never said anything to the contrary.

Ohhhhh! I get it now! you said "I know aliens are here because I have had first hand contact with them" not "aliens are here because I know they are here"

Is condescending gibberish your first language?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Anyway man........... Why not make a thread about your claimed abduction? I'm kind of in the mood for a good alien abduction story. You'll probably have plenty of critics (me being one of them), but also probably plenty of supporters. I'll even hook you up with a flag, before I tear your fanciful story apart.

Shooting fish in a barrel?
And then every thread he is in is about him and his BS anyway so why would he start a thread when there are several to choose from? Its like the whole forum is his thread!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Just to let you in on the joke, Scdfa has been relentlessly correcting the spelling mistakes of people he disagrees with while ignoring the mistakes made by people he does agree with. So if I made the same mistake you did, he wouldn't let me get away with it at all. He even mentioned one mistake in one post several times for at least a weak. So I agree, its complately obnoxious.

Actually, this isn't the least bit true, I don't think I've ever corrected zeta on a spelling error.

I have, on occasion, mentioned when I couldn't understand his point because he chose the wrong word. A trivial matter, yes, but it was difficult to understand. I have come to understand that when I talk with zeta, it comes with the territory, and I have learned to figure out what he meant to say.

This isn't the least bit true.

Perhaps if you didn't have your blinkers on...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

There are people who claim to "know" of the existence of Bigfoot,

That's because Bigfoot is real.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Just to let you in on the joke, Scdfa has been relentlessly correcting the spelling mistakes of people he disagrees with while ignoring the mistakes made by people he does agree with. So if I made the same mistake you did, he wouldn't let me get away with it at all. He even mentioned one mistake in one post several times for at least a weak. So I agree, its complately obnoxious.

Actually, this isn't the least bit true, I don't think I've ever corrected zeta on a spelling error.

I have, on occasion, mentioned when I couldn't understand his point because he chose the wrong word. A trivial matter, yes, but it was difficult to understand. I have come to understand that when I talk with zeta, it comes with the territory, and I have learned to figure out what he meant to say.

Or maybe if he would just relax and take a pole...about alien contact. I know he has taken them before. Probably repeatedly. I am sure he has looked closely at the pole that David Jacobs gave to Budd Hopkins but I have never seen it.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Some of us do indeed know there are UFO's, and their Occupants are not human, and some of this is higher plane, though not exactly spiritual, astral, but they're in corporal form, and some of this is just our universe, corporal form. Tired of the issue continually coming up in dimmed fashion, there is no sitting on the fence. 1. we're experiencing it, many are and it infuriates me that this issue is controlled by pathetic psycopathic bullies who have stolen the earth's tech for themselves. 2. its imperative that people actually wake up, realize the real cavitation and sciences, and demand, very aggressively and not back down, that all the good breakthroughs are applied immediately, that banks and scarsity end, and we get upgraded into utopia with the power structures replaced by well trained citizens who are very enhanced educations, never harm others, never are punitive, always helpful and equal and free.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

You strung a bunch of New Age buzzwords together there.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Now you change your claim to I IMPLIED "aliens are here because I know they are here"? Pure bull. Your credibility?

"Aliens are here", I've said that. And "I know aliens are here", I've said that.

I've made it very clear that I know aliens are here because I have had first hand contact with them. That's how I know aliens are here, and I've never said anything to the contrary.

Ohhhhh! I get it now! you said "I know aliens are here because I have had first hand contact with them" not "aliens are here because I know they are here"

Is condescending gibberish your first language?

No, my first language is the truth, in plain English. But I am willing to learn condescending gibberish, do you teach a course online? I take it there's no spelling?

edit on 21-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Some of us do indeed know there are UFO's, and their Occupants are not human, and some of this is higher plane, though not exactly spiritual, astral, but they're in corporal form, and some of this is just our universe, corporal form.

I think it would be very insiteful weather or not Scdfa had any comments...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Drak is correct, I made the mistake of challenging him on a word, both usages were acceptable, so I was wrong to challenge him, he was right.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Or maybe if he would just relax and take a pole...about alien contact. I know he has taken them before. Probably repeatedly. I am sure he has looked closely at the pole that David Jacobs gave to Budd Hopkins but I have never seen it.

You've found your true level of conversation. Usually this kind of talk is written in crayons. Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I take it there's no spelling?

what does spelling have to do with anything?

edit on 21-4-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You've found your true level of conversation. Usually this kind of talk is written in crayons. Enjoy.

Yes, I agree. Hopkins and Jacobs are pretty pathetic so there is no sense in talking about them. But I thought you liked getting behind them?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Anybody got anything concrete today? No? I'll come back

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

But there are no photos from the DC flap of '52 showing genuine UFOs over Washington nor were there thousands of witnesses as you asserted earlier in the thread.

Well, this is my lucky day, meeting someone who was in Washington DC in July of 1952!

So, the UFOs hovered over the city on July 19 and July 20, and July 26 and July 27.

What was the total witness count for those four days? You must have evidence that it was under two thousand people.

I am not entirely sure who you met who was in Washington DC in July '52? I am guessing that was that an attempt at sarcasm. Which I'll ignore because (to coin a local phrase) "you were having a 'mare on here last night".

But no one took a photo of the UFOs over DC.

Not this one. It shows reflections from the street lighting below and many other photos that 'look' different are simply crops or edited versions of it.

The witnesses were

First Weekend 19th/20th July
===========================

Edward Nugent - Air Traffic Controller Washington (he detected radar signals only)
Harry Barnes - Nugent's Supervisor (again he only witnesses radar detection)
Howard Cocklin - In another radar tower to Nugent (again witnessed only radar signals)
William Brady - Andrews Air Force Base radar operator (also saw an orange fireball)
Capt S.C Pierman - Capital Airline Pilot on a runway noted 6 objects approaching his position
SSgt. Charles Davenport - Andrew Air Force Base observed a stationary orange light in the sky
E.W. Chamber civilian radio engineer - who reported five enormous disks circling in a loose formation

Second Weekend 26th/27th July
==============================
Staff Radar operators at Washington and Andrew AFB - tracked rapid moving objects on their scopes
Lt. William Patterson - interceptor pilot reported 4 bright objects surrounding his aircraft.
Capt. John McHugo - Patterson's flight leader who reported he saw nothing whilst in the air at the same time.

Sources available : www.abovetopsecret.com...

The events happened late at night/early morning and so there very few civilian witnesses.I dare say there were a few more but I'll leave you to find the other 1.990 to prove me wrong. Burden of proof is with the claimant after all.

The Air Force of course claimed it was down to temperature inversions. There are other possibilities though as a scientist had made a prediction that such an even would happen to Ed Ruppelt (I'm sure we all know who he was?). This could have been a forerunner to Project Palladium, a secret technology spoofing radar signals. It still doesn't explain the visual sightings.

The incident is world famous because it was during the heaviest UFO flap the United States and it's allies had ever witnessed and featured mass media coverage. But most people in DC were tucked up in bed.

edit on 21/4/15 by mirageman because: mus spilled wurdz

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You strung a bunch of New Age buzzwords together there.

But left out "ascension" and "higher consciousness".

I'm pretty impressed by that. It's the first post by Unity which seemed a bit more down to earth.

Now if only I knew which door to bang on to demand all the good breakthroughs. I doubt they'd answer but it's worth a try, right?

edit on 21-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
The Air Force of course claimed it was down to temperature inversions. There are other possibilities though as a scientist had made a prediction that such an even would happen to Ed Ruppelt (I'm sure we all know who he was?). This could have been a forerunner to Project Palladium, a secret technology spoofing radar signals. It still doesn't explain the visual sightings.

The incident is world famous because it was during the heaviest UFO flap the United States and it's allies had ever witnessed and featured mass media coverage. But most people in DC were tucked up in bed.

It doesn't surprise me that Scdfa exaggerated this series of incidents.

You know, having read the Wikipedia entry for the 1952 Washington, DC UFO Incident of July 21-29 of that year, I think I have found a positive correlation between some of the visual sightings (particularly the fireball ones) with the Southern Delta Aquarid meteor shower which also peaks around July 28-29.

here are some excerpts:

Although Andrews reported that they had no unusual objects on their radar, an airman soon called the base's control tower to report the sighting of a strange object. Airman William Brady, who was in the tower, then saw an "object which appeared to be like an orange ball of fire, trailing a tail . .

On one of the airport's runways, S.C. Pierman, a Capital Airlines pilot, was waiting in the cockpit of his DC-4 for permission to take off. After spotting what he believed to be a meteor, he was told that the control tower's radar had picked up unknown objects closing in on his position.

At Andrews AFB, meanwhile, the control tower personnel were tracking on radar what some thought to be unknown objects, but others suspected, and in one instance were able to prove, were simply stars and meteors.

Samford declared that the visual sightings over Washington could be explained as misidentified aerial phenomena (such as stars or meteors). Samford also stated that the unknown radar targets could be explained by temperature inversion, which was present in the air over Washington on both nights the radar returns were reported.

Project Blue Book would eventually label the Washington radar objects as "mirage effects caused by double inversion" and the visual sightings as "meteors coupled with the normal excitement of witnesses.

Bolide meteors (fireballs) can be quite spectacular and 1952 was the height of the Cold War so everyone was on a heightened state of alert probably.

And now here is the Wikipedia entry for the Souther Delta Aquarids:

Observations of the (then unidentified) Delta Aquariids (δ Aquariids) were recorded by G. L. Tupman in 1870, who plotted 65 meteors observed between July 27 and August 6. He plotted the radiant's apparent beginning and ending points (RA=340°, DEC=−14°; RA=333°, DEC=−16°). This was corrected later. Ronald A. McIntosh re-plotted the path, based on a greater number of observations made from 1926 to 1933. He determined it to begin at RA=334.9°, DEC=−19.2° and end RA=352.4°, DEC=−11.8°. Cuno Hoffmeister and a team of German observers were the first to record the characteristics of a Northern Aquariid radiant within the stream around 1938. And Canadian D. W. R. McKinley observed both branches in 1949, but did not associate the two radiants.That was accomplished by astronomer Mary Almond, in 1952, who determined both accurate velocity and orbit of the d Aquariids. She used a "more selective beamed aerial" (echo radio) to identify probable member meteors and plotted an accurate orbital plane. Her paper reported it as a broad "system of orbits" that are probably "connected and produced by one extended stream." This was confirmed in the 1952–1954 Harvard Meteor Project, via photographic observation of orbits. The Project also produced the first evidence that the stream's evolution was influence by Jupiter.

Additionally, the Delta Aquariids would have been seen fanning out from a point south of the city:

The Delta Aquariids are best viewed in the pre-dawn hours, away from the glow of city lights. Southern Hemisphere viewers usually get a better show because the radiant is higher in the sky during the peak season. Since the radiant is above the southern horizon for Northern Hemisphere viewers, meteors will primarily fan out in all compass points, east, north and west.

And it just so happens all of the visual sightings were from positions south of the observer:

At 11:40 p.m. on Saturday, July 19, 1952, Edward Nugent, an air traffic controller at Washington National Airport (today Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport), spotted seven objects on his radar. The objects were located 15 miles (24 km) south-southwest of the city; no known aircraft were in the area and the objects were not following any established flight paths.

Staff Sgt. Charles Davenport observed an orange-red light to the south

Ruppelt related that on July 27 the control tower at Washington National had called the control tower at Andrews AFB and notified them that their radar had an unknown object just south of the Andrews control tower

In my opinion the 1952 Washington, DC flap was the perfect storm of war nerves, temperature inversions and a meteor storm which was dense enough to occasionally register on aircraft radar.

What would be interesting would be to go back and plot the direction of the objects reported with the trajectories of observed (visually or radio tracked) meteors during that same month of July 1952.
edit on 21-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Don't muddy the water with facts and terrestrial explanations. Its all too convenient

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join