It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Patents GMO Cannabis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, everyone's favorite corporate giant is getting ready it appears.

I would assume this means they will be pushing for full legalization soon? Who didn't see this coming.

www.trueactivist.com...

Last week Monsanto announced that it had patented the first genetically modified strain of marijuana. This news has far-reaching consequences for drugs policy, since cannabis is still an illegal substance. Many believe Monsanto’s interest in the market must mean that full legalization of the drug for recreational purposes is on the horizon, but at what cost? This Next News Network video from February last year accurately predicted that Monsanto would try to cash in on the cannabis industry

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hmmmmmm, after some thinkin in a short amount of time? I really don't think it will help in legalization. Why? It will be sold to Big Pharm and then it will only be available by prescription from a legalized pill pimp!

However? On the side of positive thinking? At least the "establishment" will have to FINALLY admit that it does have medicinal properties, which will then make it much more difficult to make it a crime for those who possess or grow their own?

Yea, I know, wishful thinking?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Good'ol monsanto... If it becomes legal the GMO Cannabis market will boom and all natural might be much harder to find and more expensive. Depends on how legal home grows would be.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It means more than that. It also means Monsanto, who has serious issues with cross pollination issues with their previous products might now become a problem for pot growers.

If in fact this does lead to full legalization they will also be the primary source for Commercialized Pot too. Mass Market GMO Weed at prices that may destroy any independent growers.

Monsanto needs to get it's Genetically Modified Poisons and inject them into the hearts of it's employees and leave nature alone before they do some damage that screws things up for good. In other words, "Keep your hands off my stash Monsanto!!!"

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Can you provide a direct source from monsanto saying this is the case?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'll pass.

And not the good kind of pass, as in passing the j.

😷

👣

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I see a very narrow view taken here, besides the fact that the story is BS until someone can front up an official statement from monsanto, if they were to create a GM strain of cannabis, the smart money would be on one that has little or no THC, and can therefore be used to manufacture hemp products.

edit on 18/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
I see a very narrow view taken here, besides the fact that the story is BS until someone can front up an official statement from monsanto, if they were to create a GM strain of cannabis, the smart money would be on one that has little or no THC, and can then be used for hemp.

And your expertise should be taken as gospel why?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
I'll pass.

😷

👣

And this is why ATS takes a hard line in drug related threads, stoners that just HAVE to tell everyone about it.

Seriously, you sound like a tween bragging about how cool you are.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Where did I say it should be taken as gospel?

I'm just presenting an alternative idea

Do you have proof monsanto are patented a gm strain of cannabis?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Where did I say it should be taken as gospel?

I'm just presenting an alternative idea

Do you have proof monsanto are patented a gm strain of cannabis?

Your the one trying to derail the topic!

You tell me?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

That strain already exists. It is called hemp.

5 Differences Between Hemp and Marijuana

As far as GMO Cannabis goes I wouldn't mind.

I can't handle THC but the effects of CBD helps with pain. It isn't legal in my state and I do not trust what you can get from the black market. I want the pain relief without the head trip and until it is legal here I will just do without.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is what Monsanto says about it:

Myth: Monsanto is developing GMO marijuana

Monsanto has not and is not working on GMO marijuana. This allegation is an Internet rumor and lie.

www.monsanto.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
And this is how people will start quitting smoking pot, before turn into rasta-zombies and have green babies.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I can't handle THC but the effects of CBD helps with pain. It isn't legal in my state and I do not trust what you can get from the black market. I want the pain relief without the head trip and until it is legal here I will just do without.

You need to get ahold of FOX news and tell them of your horror stories involved with your "head trip"! They would love to have you!

There IS NO HEAD TRIP!

But you keep on scaring people into believing in something they have never done as being a "head trip"!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Monsanto won't rest until they control everything, will they?

They are like a plague.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Monsanto denies a recurring urban legend that suggests the controversial agribusiness giant has patented a GMO marijuana strain.
www.mintpressnews.com...

Tasmania already cultivates 0% THC hemp so IF (and that's a mighty big "if") Monsanto where going to weigh-in on the cash-cow that is Marijuana there product would be viewed as that cheap alternative "synthetic" crap currently doing the rounds.

I'll stick with the a-la-natural thanks Monsanto.

Shouldn't your board of directors, as well as the US department of defence, be facing murder charges for the manufacture and supply of chemical weapons during the Vietnam war?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You need to get ahold of FOX news and tell them of your horror stories involved with your "head trip"! They would love to have you!

There IS NO HEAD TRIP!

But you keep on scaring people into believing in something they have never done as being a "head trip"!

Well, look at you claiming to know what I have and have not experienced. I have made no claims of what it does to others but I certainly know what I have experienced.

Just how full of yourself can you be? You can step down from your high horse now, but rest assured you do not know me or what I have experienced.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
I'll pass.

😷

👣

And this is why ATS takes a hard line in drug related threads, stoners that just HAVE to tell everyone about it.

Seriously, you sound like a tween bragging about how cool you are.

It was a joke. I don't even smoke pot.

Sheesh.

👣

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

There IS NO HEAD TRIP!

Well, look at you claiming to know what I have and have not experienced. I have made no claims of what it does to others but I certainly know what I have experienced.

Just how full of yourself can you be? You can step down from your high horse now, but rest assured you do not know me or what I have experienced.

No more judgmental than you?

Why are you getting so defensive?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join