It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Patents GMO Cannabis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'd much rather have our wonderful curative plant, than the poison Monsanto creates. Their weed will give you cancer, I'm sure. Their "food" does.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Oh, for heaven's sake....

It's a Hoax.

Enough already.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Dun mess wid ma weed brah.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

It's interesting how long a thread takes [sometimes] to find it's way to the hoax bin.

Some are instantly placed there....like, post haste. Then we have garbage like this.
Garbage that has already been proven a hoax...yet it stands? What gives?

How much longer before the many participating in this thread admit it was a hoax and they were duped?
How much longer before we start DENYING IGNORANCE, and place this thread where it belongs....in the frikkin' garbage!..?!!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: BlueMule
I'll pass.

And not the good kind of pass, as in passing the j.

😷

👣

And this is why ATS takes a hard line in drug related threads, stoners that just HAVE to tell everyone about it.

Seriously, you sound like a tween bragging about how cool you are.

I'll give you three guesses as to how you sound!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm more concerned that a farmer got 8 years in prison for saving his seeds. What a tragedy. A common practice thousands of years old, destroyed by one giant company in less than a decade.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Glad to say, it's a false claim.

At least by THEIR account:

While Monsanto certainly isn’t above criticism, we have identified incorrect information that – after being repeated numerous times in different articles and online communities – has now evolved into “myths” about what we do, what we stand for as a company, and how we view our impact on the world. The following pages clarify some of the incorrect information about our Company that is often repeated on the Internet.

www.monsanto.com...

But then they also said this:

Monsanto has never sued a farmer when trace amounts of our patented seeds or traits were present in the farmer’s fields as an accident or as a result of inadvertent means.
So take it as you will.

Oh, Google search:

The Nelsons are a family of farmers in North Dakota, being sued by the St. Louis based, Biotechnology giant, Monsanto. Monsanto claims the Nelsons have......

Jan 13, 2014 - The suit also aimed to curb Monsanto from suing anyone whose field is ... The biotech leviathan has filed over 140 lawsuits against farmers for .........

Aug 29, 2014 - Since 1997, Monsanto has filed 145 lawsuits against farmers who have “improperly reused their patented seeds." Where is the justice?.........

Jan 13, 2014 - The US Supreme Court upheld biotech giant Monsanto's claims on genetically-engineered seed patents and the company's ability to sue farmers whose fields are ... corn, soybeans, cotton, canola and others - contained traces of the ... from suing them should the company's genetic traits end up on their ...

Yeah, okay
edit on 19-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Dang what is your problem? You should lighten up dude.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't think that they give a *snip*. Even if that happens they'll probably figure out a way to make money out of that situation too.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would love to see all their patents become void. I would also like to see them have all their 'products' investigated - all of them. GMO isn't natural, not good for consumption.

One test that I'd read about showed corn, one GMO and the other not - rodents chewed and ate the non-GMO one quickly, not even touched the GMO one...that should speak volumes.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This was in today's news, and thought it germane to the conversation.

When asked about where the U.S. stands on the legalization of marijuana, Obama uttered 15 words sure to send shivers down the spines of marijuana supporters:

I do not foresee, any time soon, Congress changing the law at a national basis.

President Obama's expanded commentary went as follows:

Right now, that is not federal policy, and I do not foresee, any time soon, Congress changing the law at a national basis. But I do think that if there are states that show that they are not suddenly a magnet for additional crime, that they have a strong enough public health infrastructure to push against the potential for increased addiction, then it's conceivable that it will spur on a national debate. But that is going to be some time off.

In other words, we have a reinforcement from the president that the federal government is still concerned with the potential long-term effects marijuana might have on a user in terms of its potential addictive qualities, as well as its potential to increase crime rates.

www.fool.com...

The VA will give out medicines to those who served their country that harms them, deliberately so, but the government finds a plant that will and does save lives to be 'criminal'. The real criminals are IN the govt.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO!

BURN THEIR #ING CROPS TO THE GROUND!

When GMO corn came about rural peoples in Southern Mexico found that their crops were being pollinated by GMO sources and infected by the gluten genetics. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN HERE? THEY ARE GOING TOO FAR NOW!

Cannabis isn't just a drug, it is our last hope at a sustainable society on Earth. If they destroy its genetics then we can kiss our hopes of "Heaven on Earth" goodbye. I swear to GOD I will not let this happen and you shouldn't either. No, what I mean is you had BETTER NOT. FIGHT, YOU FOOLS.
edit on 19-4-2015 by pianoasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm so glad I don't smoke weed anymore. Have fun killing your family tree!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pianoasis

Damn man....chill out a bit and read beyond the title before you blow a gasket next time.

It's a damned hoax story for the love of baby Jesus....

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This thread is an EXCELLENT analysis of some of the members here.

Within a few pages one can realize who does and who doesn't read beyond the headlines and the OP before just having to comment....

Excellent thread, if only for that reason.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: infolurker

Hmmmmmm, after some thinkin in a short amount of time? I really don't think it will help in legalization. Why? It will be sold to Big Pharm and then it will only be available by prescription from a legalized pill pimp!

Monsanto can't make big money if they only have hemp for pharma.

Monsanto is into large large volume and round-up ready industrial crops.

I would wager it will be legal soon federally, since Monsanto has everyone bought in DC.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
American pot-heads have been coopted for a while, no one doubts that. Weed can be good if used correctly, but in the case of American pot-heads it only drains their strength, enfeebles their minds, and saps their willpower. Everyone who has met an American pot-head knows how fickle and weak they are. They are just more cogs in the machinery, so to speak. They are playing their role just as planned.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Connell

What constitutes an "American pot-head"...?
What's the difference between an "American pot-head" and an American that uses cannabis medicinally?
Who determines what is and what is not, "correct usage"? Your opinion?

Your generalizations are hilarious....

.....but other than this, I ain't taking the bait

edit on 19-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: wording

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I really hope that Monsanto pushes for full legalization, it would nearly ensure that it gets legalized! Once it is, no doubt the pot culture will stick away from it even if it ends up over the counter at gas stations and other readily available centers, I know I will. I guarentee any dispensary that carry's GMO weed will tell the customer if it is or not. The dispesaries will still grow their own hybrids no doubt, even if it is more cost effective to buy Monsanto roundup ready poison, simply because there will still be a high demand for their strains. I am absolutley positive many people will pay an extra 10 bucks for prime goods over GMO crap. I will try it probably, but I will not buy it until I know exactly what is different and if there are any side effects, so I will talk to the growers about it once it is abundant and take their word as well as my own studies into it. Hooray for Monsanto! Pump that dough into the legalization so I can grow my own legally!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connell
American pot-heads have been coopted for a while, no one doubts that. Weed can be good if used correctly, but in the case of American pot-heads it only drains their strength, enfeebles their minds, and saps their willpower. Everyone who has met an American pot-head knows how fickle and weak they are. They are just more cogs in the machinery, so to speak. They are playing their role just as planned.

Weed can be good if used correctly? How does one use it incorrectly? Put it in balloons and hope for them to fly since it gets you high? Pave a driveway with it since it gets you stoned?

being high constantly for years likley has its downsides I agree, but smoking a joint or two a day to relax or to boost the imagination or to better enjoy a concert or movie or sex or dull party, then what's the problem? Makes more sense to me that the ones who speak ill of it are more cogs in the machine than those who enjoy it on the down low and get away with it and are still valuable citizens who arent killing people daily as more sober and drunks are.

If you don't like pot-heads then you might as well throw away all the music you listen to and burn your books and trash any great art you (probably don't) have. Chances are, many of their inspirations came while high or they indulged once in awhile on some weed while creating your favorite artistic outlets that break you free from your cubilcle. Cogs, lol. Dumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join