It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Patents GMO Cannabis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah I know it already exists, I was meaning a possible roundup resistant strain from monsanto..

There is a lot of money to be made from hemp, as you no doubt know, textiles, paper, oils etc etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'll stick with the grown in the ground with tender care and love from people I know and trust marijuana. Which might include myself come this summer when Oregon's new laws go into effect.

edit on 4-18-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

How am I derailing the topic?

by pointing out that it's BS?

Or by pointing out the agricultural uses for cannabis far outweigh it's drug uses?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Fairy nuff

As you were my cerulean burro friend!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

How am I derailing the topic?

by pointing out that it's BS?

Or by pointing out the agricultural uses for cannabis far outweigh it's drug uses?

Hemp and Cannabis are a little bit different! Care to take a peak at your second post in this topic to refresh your memory?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm sure Monsanto will sell seed to anyone who wants it. Half the stuff out there will be gmo and be filled with pesticides and herbicides. What a way to ruin a medicine.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There is no need for Roundup resistant cannabis.
The primary pests are deer and rabbits.
It is not difficult to control mites with non toxic techniques.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
it won't be long before your hear about monsanto sueing pot farmers for growing their weed.
just like the corn farmers.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Uhh hemp is a variety of cannabis.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No thank you Monsanto, I will grow my own. I would strongly suggest all medical and recreational commercial growers of marijuana initiate a campaign to boycott the purchase of GMO cannabis. The whole defense right now is that it is mostly natural. Now Umbrella corp... arr I mean Monsanto wants to put toxic chemicals into the very genetic code of this wonderful medicine/placebo. # off Monsanto. The world is sick and tired of you.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Marijuana effects people differently. Not only does it depend on the person, it also depends on the strain. Keep in mind one person's idea of a head trip might be completely different than your own. It's subjective, after all. Since there are T&Cs we can't really get into the details of Grimpachi's experiences, or those of anyone else either. Needless to say, marijuana isn't for everyone. Recreationally speaking or otherwise.

edit on 4-18-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Uhh hemp is a variety of cannabis.

Hemp has a very LOW level of THC!

Yes! They are related! But different?

Try again!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Grimpachi

a reply to: Chadwickus

That strain already exists. It is called hemp.

5 Differences Between Hemp and Marijuana

As far as GMO Cannabis goes I wouldn't mind.

I can't handle THC but the effects of CBD helps with pain. It isn't legal in my state and I do not trust what you can get from the black market. I want the pain relief without the head trip and until it is legal here I will just do without.

You need to get ahold of FOX news and tell them of your horror stories involved with your "head trip"! They would love to have you!

There IS NO HEAD TRIP!

But you keep on scaring people into believing in something they have never done as being a "head trip"!

Well, look at you claiming to know what I have and have not experienced. I have made no claims of what it does to others but I certainly know what I have experienced.

Just how full of yourself can you be? You can step down from your high horse now, but rest assured you do not know me or what I have experienced.

No more judgmental than you?

Why are you getting so defensive?

Why are you trying to be such an authoritarian?

The only thing I said is I will not partake in is the black market for it, but you seem to take issue with my statements and claim to know what I have or have not experienced.

Are you a scientist, doctor or any person that can equivocally say that such can't happen and if so do you have links to back up your claim or will this be yet another time you come up short when asked and disappear from the thread.

Or maybe you wish to twist what I have said to suit your narrative.

edit on 18-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: e

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Marijuana effects people differently. Not only does it depend on the person, it also depends on the strain. Keep in mind one person's idea of a head trip might be completely different than your own. It's subjective, after all. Since there are T&Cs we can't really get into the details Grimpachi's, or the experiences of anyone else either. Needless to say, marijuana isn't for everyone. Recreationally speaking or otherwise.

I do agree! But I am just tired of people who have never done it or only done it couple times trying to tell those of us who it helps it's bad?

Is it not like the religious right telling women that having an abortion is wrong?

Where does freedom start and where does it end? As of now it appears that freedom ends any time some one is offended or has a bad experience?

That's all I am trying to say.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If this is true, and monsanto is cultivating marijuana or various strains of marijuana then that is a felony.

So, what say you gooberment?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah I know it already exists, I was meaning a possible roundup resistant strain from monsanto..

There is a lot of money to be made from hemp, as you no doubt know, textiles, paper, oils etc etc.

I don't think it would be needed because hemp grows like a weed as it is. As far as the other growing in fields for the drug effects would be less than ideal because from what I have seen in documentaries any type of mite will make it where it can't be offered at shops and the possibility of cross pollination with the male plant halfs the potency.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Chadwickus

That strain already exists. It is called hemp.

5 Differences Between Hemp and Marijuana

As far as GMO Cannabis goes I wouldn't mind.

I can't handle THC but the effects of CBD helps with pain. It isn't legal in my state and I do not trust what you can get from the black market. I want the pain relief without the head trip and until it is legal here I will just do without.

You need to get ahold of FOX news and tell them of your horror stories involved with your "head trip"! They would love to have you!

There IS NO HEAD TRIP!

But you keep on scaring people into believing in something they have never done as being a "head trip"!

Well, look at you claiming to know what I have and have not experienced. I have made no claims of what it does to others but I certainly know what I have experienced.

Just how full of yourself can you be? You can step down from your high horse now, but rest assured you do not know me or what I have experienced.

No more judgmental than you?

Why are you getting so defensive?

Why are you trying to be such an authoritarian?

The only I said I will not partake in is the black market for it, but you seem to take issue with my statements and claim to know what I have or have not experienced.

Are you a scientist, doctor or any person that can equivocally say that such can't happen and if so do you have links to back up your claim or will this be yet another time you come up short when asked and disappear from the thread.

Or maybe you wish to twist what I have said to suit your narative.

I'm just speaking from my experience, which is obviously HUGELY more than yours? If it makes you goofy and your not comfortable with it? Great! It isn't for you!

But your the authoritarian, trying to push your experience on people not me! I am all for people doing what they want to their own bodies! Are you? Or do you think the government has a right to tell someone what they do with their body?

Simple question. Attack me again if you must. But I have been very civil with you! If you would like me to speak back to you as you do me? I can very easily do it!

So your the authoritarian! Get off your high horse and converse with me as a fellow human being! Keyboard warriors and their words, do nothing at all to threaten me! Your self confidence in your so called intellectual superiority is nothing more than a joke to those who can see thru it!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I'm right there with you man! Though I don't experience too much hate for it here in Oregon. Sure there are those who have something bad to say about it, but I pay them no mind.

I think you may have just made the honest mistake of misreading Grimpachi's tone and intent. It happens.

Anyway, seems we agree.

Heads up! Coming from the left...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Once in the 80's I was walking along, minding my own business.
I found a marijuana on the ground.
I had never tried it before, so I went ahead and injected it in my eyeball.
I immediately converted to Satanism.
Nancy Reagan parachuted from the sky and tasered me.
They took me to Guantanamo and MK Ultra'd me real good.
Now I jump off of bridges every time a Hot Pockets commercial plays.
The message is: "Kids, just say no."

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I'm just speaking from my experience, which is obviously HUGELY more than yours?

You like to ASSume far to much. You honestly have no clue what I have or have not experienced in life. You have no idea how much I used to laugh at the "just say no" comercials back in the 80s especially the frying egg. It always made me hungry.

If it makes you goofy and your not comfortable with it? Great! It isn't for you!

If you ASSume that has always been my experience I can see why you would say that. I like strains with high CBD but other strains can be very nerve racking and I do not trust the black market to be consistent nor honest which is why I said I will not partake until it is legalized.

But your the authoritarian, trying to push your experience on people not me! I am all for people doing what they want to their own bodies! Are you? Or do you think the government has a right to tell someone what they do with their body?

Thanks for being consistent, it allowed me to predict that you would try to twist what I had said. I stated what I would like based off of my experience, however you "stated" that my experience could not happen.

You need to look up authoritarian because it doesn't seem to mean what you think it means

Simple question. Attack me again if you must. But I have been very civil with you! If you would like me to speak back to you as you do me? I can very easily do it!

I have a very different opinion on the level of civility you have shown.

So your the authoritarian! Get off your high horse and converse with me as a fellow human being! Keyboard warriors and their words, do nothing at all to threaten me! Your self confidence in your so called intellectual superiority is nothing more than a joke to those who can see thru it!

Again, I think it would behove you to look up the meaning of authoritarian also I feel I have mirrored the civility you have shown if you feel that I have been acting intellectually superior that is not a claim I have made, but I do take issue with people that make claims about me and what I have or haven't experienced that have never met me while sitting behind their keyboard.

I have already said this once, you don't know me and you don't know what I have experienced.
edit on 18-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: erp

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join