It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Watch out. Dollar's in a 'huge bubble'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"There's a huge bubble with the dollar," Paul said on Tuesday's Futures Nowshow. "It's not so much that the dollar is a great currency. It's the fact that nothing else is any better, said Paul. "The fundamentals are a disaster. The economy is in bad shape when you have more than half the people hardly making ends meet."

Despite rising stock prices and a falling unemployment rate, the United States is on the brink of a catastrophic "financial crisis," according to former U.S. presidential candidate Ron Paul. And the culprit could be the dollar.

According to Paul, the collapse of the dollar, and by extension, the stock market will likely come when the Fed begins to raise interest rates, something many expect it will do later this year.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

We need an interim currency, preferably gold or backed by gold.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sooner or later it is going to all come down. We can not sustain this level of debt. Families are living pay check to pay check and the only thing that has reduced in price is something we can't even eat. If the dollar collapses, it won't just be the U.S. in trouble, it will be the world. Some may think BRIC will come out just fine, but with all banking and trade connected on a global scale, no country will be safe from something like that.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Pretty soon the kill switch will hit the dollar....then Jade Helm will turn from training to live.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

We need an interim currency, preferably gold or backed by gold.

My interim currency is bitcoin.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The US dollar index made it back up to 100, highest its been in over 10 years.

www.investing.com...

There was a demonstration that looked a little staged at a European Central Bank meeting today.

The US has one of the few central bank committees talking about raising interest rates.
I'm kind of surprised that an ATS member didn't pick up on that ECB Disney and start a conspiracy thread.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Maybe that's where the Chinese step in with the AIIB or BRICS to dismantle the U.S. dollar and replace it with a gold-backed currency .

reply to wasaka.....
edit on 15-4-2015 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: clarification

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
No worries .. stocked up on beer .. gardens doing well ..
Anyone got a giant pin so I can pop the bubble ?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

We need a currency that is controlled by a fiscally responsible government, not ef'ing bankers.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

So gold then.

In my opinion, lots of private banks would be fine as long as they can fold.
edit on 15-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
Maybe that's where the Chinese step in with the AIIB or BRICS to dismantle the U.S. dollar and replace it with a gold-backed currency .

They still working on the currency basket deciding on what the reserve currency will be .. they also denied taiwan membership in it ..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Dollar has been rising on the expectation that somethings going to pop in futures markets. They exit into the USD because its one of the few currencies that can accept large amounts of wealth but its only a temporary stop until wealth can find greener pastures.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

We need a currency that is controlled by a fiscally responsible government, not ef'ing bankers.

Cheers - Dave

Erm.. you do realise that there is no such animal as a fiscally responsible government ? youd find a yeti or unicorn before you find a fiscally responsible government ...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Still trying to find something to convert my USD into other than food and bullets...

Going to be pretty bad when all of a sudden a few million americans find out they've wasted their lives in the pursuit of fiat currency not worth the paper it's printed on.

Granted, very few of them will even get to keep the paper.

Gold is all stashed away in safes- it won't take over as a replacement currency for a long, long time after the crash of fiat currency.
If anyone knows what will be worth anything outside of food, clean water, cigs, and bullets- please, let me know

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

There isn't enough gold or silver to back up all the paper that's out there now. So, if a new currency is created, that is backed by gold or silver, I imagine only the very wealthy bankers that caused this will have any money. Most of the gold is controlled by the central banks so they'll create the new currency and they'll have it all.

I'm just speculating but I don't see how it plays out any different, the dollar will crash eventually given the level of printing that has gone on since '08'. We'll have to fend for ourselves with the morsels they throw at us.
edit on 15-4-2015 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sasquatch5100

If each of us waits for the currency to fail yes. If not, no.

Gold is already currency, get some.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The Bricks nations are hoarding gold.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

True Greencmp, but I don't have the resources to aquire enough gold to get me through an extended depression. Much like most of the country. Long term food storage is my main focus for now.

edit on 15-4-2015 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Not a chance in He11 of me getting into Bitcoin. The power, electricity goes down and you are busted. An EMP and you are Busted. Nuclear exchange and you are Busted. My opinion, Anyone in their right minds would never bet on ones and zeroes.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sasquatch5100

True Greencmp, but I don't have the resources to aquire enough gold to get me through an extended depression. Much like most of the country. Long term food storage is my main focus for now.

Frankly, none of us do (I don't anyway) but, that doesn't mean we can't have some. We all need to have a variety of resources and assets however small so any single failure isn't catastrophic.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join