It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That is good news True. Perhaps a karate class would help young Ashley? Keep us posted on what happens!

BUG!!!!!!!! You finally did it! What an awesome entry! This is going to be so much fun!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

So tell us more!

What's the new job

and more critically, what did your current boss say?

Well done mate!

P

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'll be going out with my friend Linda tomorrow for our lunch and shopping. I have some fish to replace and some pet supplies that I need. Also need some grocery items that can't wait for grocery day. So I might be on in the morning and later at night. Maybe I'll make a story entry then.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You snuck up on me. Usually that's Syx's job. LOL
Good to see you Shadow!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you!

There are many mistakes but hopefully I will get the hang of it!

Here are your wings,lol!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I hope you have a wonderful day out and about tomorrow!!

a reply to: cody599
Yes Cody, we want all the juicy details. If you have been hiding this from everyone there has to be some good “almost a slip up” stories, right?

a reply to: BugWhisperer
I LOVED the new story entry!!! I am so excited to see where this wonderful story will take us!

OK it’s been a long night. I think I worked harder trying to tutor my nephew for a few hours then I did at work for 8 hours! LOL. 5am comes bright and early so I am off to bed.

Sweet dreams shedites!!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
OMG Bug that is gorgeous! I saved the pic.

Martin, sweet dreams Honey!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

You aren't kidding about me having the busy weekend one bit. I really did not figure or count on going out on Sunday but that was idea was thrown by the wayside.

Here's the video of everything seen at Connellsville, PA on Saturday.

Did manage to get out late yesterday afternoon to grab a couple that came my way. Caught this coming through just a few minutes ahead of the grain train that came through. This one was taking some empties just up the road from me to load at Winifrede Junction.

After the coal train had passed and was shuffling cars about the junction at Winifrede. This eastbound grain train showed up with a pair of leasers leading a CSX CW60AC.

Have I ever mentioned that I am a sucker for the old power?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hi Chooch! You sure do love your trains.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Well, if I am reading him right, that is not going to help a great deal. You see, he needs to start reacting to things when they happen, before he starts training his body to refine that reaction into a useful, hard edge. At the moment, he is very much like me, in that it takes him years and years to get angry enough to actually act. Until that response starts getting quicker, he would just be stood there in martial arts kit, getting kicked. That is not the kind of confidence knock I want him to experience.

When he is motivated to learn, when he is good and furious, he will let me know. His eyes make him incapable of hiding that sort of inner activity from me. Jesus... I love that kid. It's frustrating, because I know that the way his head works is both magic and comprised of fantastical geometry beyond normal levels of comprehension, but I also know what that means for the pace at which he will learn conflict resolution (or to break faces till the bastards stop).

Trying to push him forward faster than he is ready for however, would be a massive error.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Good morning Family!

I watched a movie last night that reminded me SO much of The Shed (my version of The Shed, that is...)!!
It's called "Seventh Son".
Not the storyline, but definitely some of the characters and much of the imagery.

There are human forms that shape-shift from human to dragon.

There is a scene of a trip through a magical forest, complete with 'wisps' (evil)...mentioned in the earlier version of The Shed.

The Queen Witch (Julianne Moore) lives in a home...the rooms are like what I envisioned for The Shed and the Big House (Jane's house, lol). There is a scene where she sweeps her hand and the entire room becomes something like what we described. In fact, all the rooms are like what we wrote about.

You need to watch it, to see what I mean. It's not a great movie, but I found much of it to be Shed-like. (I did love the special effects.)

No elves or pixies, but lots of magical creatures (mostly evil though).

If you get a chance to watch it, let me know if you think "Shed" story....?

Okay, mama needs more coffee now.
jacy

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I respectively disagree. Firstly, Karate would not be my first choice but we can leave that for a later discussion.

Learning a form of self defense takes time. You want to wait until his awareness catches up. The decision to respond to violence, to defend oneself, is a matter for each individual.

I am very potent at self defense. I very much love the knowledge that it gives. I love the feeling of confidence it provides ... but ... I do not easily use it, and will not unless the situation is dire.

Providing the knowledge and the ability now, that is, early in life has many benefits including the mind state of 'I could wipe the floor with all of you ... but ... I choose not to.' He would be in a psychological position of laughing at the opponents and it would be water off a ducks back.

However, should he ever need to, those skills would be available.

Teach him now so that he has the abilities later. It takes time to learn and in learning he will understand why he does not have to fight.

P

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

What I mean by what I said is that until he has interest in learning how to break a face, he will not be able to learn how to.

Normally speaking, I am sure you would be right, if we were talking about any other child, I would be one hundred percent behind it. But Ashley has some issues where learning is concerned. The things which interest him, he absorbs immediately. Try to teach him anything that he is not interested in of his own volition, and he will either fail to absorb, or actively refuse to participate.

To be absolutely frank, I am right there with him, and I want to support his need to be allowed to find his own way to the things he needs, because God knows, the way things work for other people is not going to work for him at all. I am determined to help him get what data he wants, when and crucially HOW he wants it, but I have to be lead by him as to that sort of thing.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I agree. Violence should be the last option, in any conflict.

The world is in the dung it is now because we have so much violence. Violence doesn't come just from guns - it comes from streetfights too, from both bullies and from victims who become the next bullies.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Get him to talk about regrets. Tell him you have a few. One of those was that you should have learnt a martial art when you were younger because it could have made a difference. See where that leads you.

He is young enough to listen. You have to get him to make the decision. There are many ways to achieve that. Discussing a movie or a tv series can bring the subject up.

He is a child, lead him, but be subtle.

P

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Thats the thing. I have never once found myself regretting not learning a martial art. I regret that violence was necessary, and that it took me so long to understand that, but once I learned that, I found myself able to do what was necessary without that sort of instruction in any case. I am not about to lie to the boy over something like that. A martial arts class would have done me no good back then either, so I am not going to push the issue with him.

He is a big lad, and once he is ready in his head to take a more proactive approach to his ability to defend himself, I will respond to that.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
How did dinner go? How is the band doing? Oh, and we know the halo isn’t real...

LOL - Dinner was great, we had a "Mince Round" from the local butcher shop (A round Scottish minced-beef pie encased in puff pastry) and I did my creamy-buttery mashed potatoes with broccoli on the side.

BOTH bands are going well. Some members of Shure Thing are on holiday over the next few weeks, so we're not going to be gigging too much, but between them and BlonnaHooley, I've got 4 gig's over the next 5 weeks, I'm attending the Mofest Music Festival and a friends wedding too!! Arrggh!!! BUSY BUSY!!!

(MoFest is the Montrose Music Festival, it's the biggest FREE music festival in Scotland and lots of my friends bands play there.)
LINK to MOFEST Site

As for my Halo.... of course it IS REAL!!! (I made it myself!
)

originally posted by: BugWhisperer
..... They all look like models! Gordy your boys are beautiful too!
Thank you for posting them!.....

BUG! That wasn't my boys!!! That was just a couple of minions! (I think??) LOL

edit on 19-5-2015 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add 2nd reply

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer

Thank you!

There are many mistakes but hopefully I will get the hang of it!

Here are your wings,lol!

Is that a painting of Nights avatar pic???
It looks awesome.
Did you do that Bug??
G

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
hello.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Hey ccbears!

How are you today?

new topics