It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today (April 14) NASA TV Briefing -- Pluto Mission Update

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Slowly but surely, but I still think its too slow.

Btw JadeStar, I appreciate all the input you give on this site.
Keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Go ahead, since you're so critical of people using their imaginations to create something beautiful (yet at the same time are showing us that you have one heck of a imagination of the boggy man called TPTB controlling and running everything), I want to see just how easy it is as you claim.

I expect NASA to hold a higher level of credibility than the rest of the artist out there. Sorry if it seems that i was attacking the artist directly, i need to be more clear. NASA approved his Interpretation of Pluto...why? What makes his drawing more important than the thousands out there to choose from?

While this video does not deal with Pluto it does deal with the subject of NASA and other scientific organizations and publications use of graphic artists and illustrators.

There is a balance which is struck between what we know scientifically, what we think may be true scientifically and the creative license given to an artist to imagine things within those constraints.

Nearly ever artist rendering of exoplanets for example is subject to that balance and if you've noticed, the ones NASA uses typically are more conservative than others.

For instance this was a NASA approved rendering of Kepler-186f:

And this is one from the PHL at UPR Arecibo:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolidGoal

Slowly but surely, but I still think its too slow.

Btw JadeStar, I appreciate all the input you give on this site.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you
I do what I can when I have time to.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Very Nice. Thank You.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Boom, my point has been verified with a Real image. His Rendering/ Interpretation was Truly, Incorrect.

Proving that this rendering is waaay off....and all the stuff i mentioned a long time ago...

I just wanted to follow up on your thread from way back when. I believe your thread deserves a Real image of Pluto to "Close It".

edit on th13Tue, 14 Jul 2015 07:13:32 -0500K201573231am7 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

edit on th14Tue, 14 Jul 2015 07:14:39 -0500K201573931am7 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Boom, my point has been verified with a Real image. His Rendering/ Interpretation was Truly, Incorrect.

Proving that this rendering is waaay off....and all the stuff i mentioned a long time ago...

I just wanted to follow up on your thread from way back when. I believe your thread deserves a Real image of Pluto to "Close It".

for comparison sake this was the rendering:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Fair enough.
So... Should NASA fire that artist ?

I still see no issue here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join