It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Want to Know the Secrets…WHY? Then What?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Very true.

The only picture I wish to gain is the one that makes it possible for me to help other people to smile and feel good about life. I've been through the mazes and labyrinths of thought and trials, and I do not wish to bring any demons back with me.

The last thing the world needs right now is more demons.

Part of that is the reason the Work takes so long, knowing what NOT to say because it will open the mental doors of fear, suspicion or lower thought forms. I wish to inspire and illuminate, not confuse or riddle the viewer with more cryptograms than needed.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAmPhoenix7

Because my frustration and confusion often come off as "anger" or "irritation."
Sense of humor and sarcasm do not translate well to text, and honestly to say it again, ATS has been a BIG part of my development as a writer and the publishing of my book - BECAUSE it's a place where I can just say it like I mean it, and revise it later for actual conversation, if not publication.

When I look 20 minutes after I posted this and see "How Do I Join the Bohemian Club," I just want to email Edie Brickell and ask her to respond, because she probably would, and it would be hilarious.

But I won't because that would be kind of mean. Regardless:

edit on 18-4-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2015 by KAOStheory because: vid didn't post but then did

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Well said, and ditto.

I learn, so I can help myself evolve, and help others to do so.

That's pretty basic but many seem to miss those points somehow...

Even RZA said, "The ego is not always your amigo."

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Very true.

The only picture I wish to gain is the one that makes it possible for me to help other people to smile and feel good about life. I've been through the mazes and labyrinths of thought and trials, and I do not wish to bring any demons back with me.

The last thing the world needs right now is more demons.

Part of that is the reason the Work takes so long, knowing what NOT to say because it will open the mental doors of fear, suspicion or lower thought forms. I wish to inspire and illuminate, not confuse or riddle the viewer with more cryptograms than needed.

Even if you have the answer to living a perfect life, forcing it on others will only make them unhappy if it goes against their beliefs.

If you want to make the world a better place I have a couple of suggestions.
1. Do good deeds, if you can avoid making others feel worse while making atleast one person feel better each day, you've made the world a better place.

2. Figure out new and better ways to perform daily tasks. More efficient work means people work less and can enjoy their time more.

3. This one is focused on the self rather than others... it's tough to help others if you aren't already happy. Simply be content, find some sort of idea you like that restrains you and keeps you from making bad decisions. In my case that's minimalism. Being a minimalist, I have mostly forsaken the quest for new and better stuff to keep up with others. That lets me avoid the negative feelings of always believing I need more, and that I don't have enough.

If you would like another suggestion, I would point you in the direction of Benjamin Franklin (a big inspiration of mine). What he did with his money upon his deathbed, was he gave the city a fortune with the stipulation it would be spent for the public good after X years had passed. The money he left Boston and Philadelphia was lent out to fund first time home buyers at 5% interest and grown for 200 years. It ended up doing rather nice things for those cities. If I were in the monetary position to do such a thing (or had the time to get a group to invest in that pursuit) I would do it in an instant.

When you're limited in what you can do in the present it seems quite logical to me that one would take a small contribution now and let it grow over time, to a point where it can have a real impact.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

As KAOStheory has said ... Well said ...

Knowledge is a two edged sword ... It can be used for the benefit of all ... or kept secret to benefit self ...
However nothing is black and white ... Discretion determines when one should impart one's knowledge ...

The terms "Hermetically Sealed" and "Casting pearls before swine" come to mind

People or a person can be so fixed in their ways/indoctrinations that they are no longer open minded.
However there is always a point of leeway on any fixed pattern of thought when one can present or be presented with new information ... Then it is matter of choice or choosing ... considering or rejecting

Life could and should be an adventure ... something to enjoy ... none of us are that different from another ... we have more in common than less ... It would be better to see ourselves in others and apply the "Golden Rule" ...

Rather than looking to lofty ideas ... It is the simple day to day inter actions with others that really matters. How we treat and respect those who cross our paths ...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

Agreed. Thank you. The Ego is the greatest challenge I have ever faced.
I'm learning the value of tempered balance and transcendence.

Feeding the right wolf, so to speak.

a reply to: Aazadan

Thank you immensely for these insights.
I will do my best to keep them at the helm of my progress.
Many are already dear to my heart and mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
the elusive 'secrets' are the proof there is no Absolute, linear end-point or timeline...

every twist & turn of the ever unfolding formula or equation we think is the answer...
Tells Us: there is no equation...no standard ...no practical solution to the 'secrets' of the future or the 'secrets' of life or living, or the 'secrets' to abundance/popularity/creativity/fortune/prophecy/ et al....

because, even as One grasps the 'secrets' of one aspect of the natural reality around our Earthly and spiritual lives
We become more aware that the loom of reality is creating more than a fabric having only width and length...
the "Tapestry" of each, every & all individuals is woven in many dimensions at once...
edit on th30142943930319282015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the elusive 'secrets' are the proof there is no Absolute, linear end-point or timeline...

Eternity is beyond linear measurement of time ..
Whilst on Earth we are limited and for good reason
More will be revealed as the soul progresses

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

ergo.... the quest to learn the 'secrets' is a loop, a circle, a very long journey which folds back on Itself
many a traveler is unawares that they have once again started anew, over and over again...
If you have recognized the new scenery for what it is...some will say they have progressed

You invoked the concept 'eternity' ... broken down into bite-sized bits would be the metaphorical Journey of single steps (One's Path) or this:

The Hero with a Thousand Faces - Wikipedia,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hero_with_a_Thousand_FacesCached
... and seminal work of comparative mythology by Joseph Campbell. ...

each 'secret' then is a 'step' in the Journey... or One of the Thousand Faces of the Hero ..
So, in a sort of Answer to the OP... I would use the knowledge of the Secrets to live a full life and pass that secret on to my posterity first and foremost

I have waxed philosophic for much too much already, have a great day Artist&Poet

edit on th30142944346319372015 by St Udio because: ADD

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

many a traveler is unawares that they have once again started anew, over and over again...

This is contentious subject ... Re Incarnation ... I do believe we have lived many lifetimes on Earth

I think when we die we are more aware /awake than in our dream like Earth state ... time will tell so to speak ... and until then there is no hard and fast proving that the soul exists ... Proof however is a personal thing ... a knowing through one's own experience/s ... Only you can attain proof for you ... so in essence I agree with your observations.

edit on 19-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I am just a year-to-year man... but you are correct the new or restarts are on many levels

2nd line

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I love that phrase "You dont know about this stuff because its above your rank in blah blah" because I really like the fact that you know so much more about the fraternity I am in and our secrets so much more then me and your not even a brother.... So how is it that someone that has not been involved in anything knows so much more yet you have not taken to the steps?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrAoxx
This has been pointed out many times, but apparently logic is not accepted in their world.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

No logic whatsoever.

You know the meme that goes,
"Religion is like a penis. It's ok to have one. It's ok to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out and start waving it around in my face."

Most would agree with this, yet as soon as a group keeps it's doors shut and DOESN'T stand around on street corners yelling about it, they MUST be some "secret" society which MUST be "exposed."

Well I can tell all of you wanna-be members of "secret" societies that one thing NO religious or spiritual group or organization needs is another hypocrite.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join