It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so difficult to Believe in Aliens?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
If we can consider these things, just Imagine a Civilization of Aliens that are Billions of years into their Technology, and what they can Dream up and do?

It's also possible that civilizations die of old age (civilization old age, not single organism old age) long before becoming billions of years old. There may be reasons why a civilization would not be unable to sustain itself after a certain amount of time, just like there is a limit to how long a single organism could sustain itself before it dies.

For example, I don't think human civilization will be around in a billion years. A billion years ago, there was no such thing as complex animal life on Earth; every organism on Earth was just simple life. A billion years from now there could be a totally different civilization on Earth inhabited by the descendants of (say) jellyfish swimming in seas today.

edit on 4/16/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

There is that distinct possibility, which may be occurring on this planet as we speak?

We have no clue whats really living under our feet

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

There is that distinct possibility, which may be occurring on this planet as we speak?

Yes we do. We have a very good clue as to what is under our feet. Do you pick up a science book...EVER?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Yes we do. We have a very good clue as to what is under our feet. Do you pick up a science book...EVER?

Lol..No we don't. We know very little of the planet
edit on 17-4-2015 by SPECULUM because: More Cowbell

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Evolution does not stop so yes, it is still going on.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You may know very little of the planet but we know quite a lot about it and that knowledge grows daily.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Because it is just as easy to believe we aren't midway
or at the end of life in the universe. But at the beginning
as we are the first and the cosmos are empty. Awaiting
us to populate them with guidance of a Creator. As it
was meant by him to be. Your aliens are obviously a
negative in that plan. Your mind is closed to that possibility
tho, because you don't like laws that govern how you live.
So believe your lies of convenience. But don't expect not to
be told the truth if you publicise them.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dennisarends
well if you can actually believe in a god, you can also believe in extraterrestrial life, we have not seen or proven both of these concepts but in fact it is the same and once you realize this its just a very small step, the bible or any other holy book reads much better after this realization
and in fact all believers... are already believing in a distorted ufo story...

I starred you because of how close you got to hitting the nail on the head, on the distorted UFO angle, not so much. That was cooked up in the late '60s early '70s and is just a distraction...

If you believe in a Creator and see Creation as His works, then those who push the idea of discovering life beyond this little planet as a threat to faith have very little idea what faith really is. My attempt to explain my disappointment in the reboot of Cosmos fell far short of what I had hoped. While Sagan may have had a lot to say outside his series, the original Cosmos conveyed a joy and enthusiasm that I just didn't see in the reboot.

Finding that we are not alone in the Universe would threaten me no more than Evolution. How do you convey multi-millennia to a society that doesn't even understand the concept of zero? Days are something almost anyone can understand.

When you were in your highchair, Mom and Dad didn't give you a fork and a steak knife and set a T-bone and steak fries with a pint of beer on your tray. As we grow, we progress (most of us
).
edit on 4 17 2015 by CornShucker because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Gods plan was for your afterlife, that's why God gave man free will, Just as all gods creatures, From where ever they're from?

Looking beyond the Confines of Mans Laws and Governance is my Free Will. Opening my mind to see beyond is why i'm here.

Open your mind before life moves on without you

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Gods plan was for your afterlife, that's why God gave man free will, Just as all gods creatures, From where ever they're from?

Looking beyond the Confines of Mans Laws and Governance is my Free Will. Opening my mind to see beyond is why i'm here.

The really cool thing is that you so calmly state something so many of the "Smart Ones" invest such energy, stress and spit to admit that they don't have a clue. I'm talking about the, "You're born & you have no say in the matter. Life is all one big accident. Nothing really matters and then you die and you are compost."

YOU know why you are here. Give hugs and smiles where needed and love when you can. Nobody enters Heaven but with the heart of a child. Guess that's why I get some folks so upset when they can't make me mad.
edit on 4 17 2015 by CornShucker because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Come on dude. Pick up a book once in a while. How can people go through life totally ignorant if science is beyond me

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It shouldn't be that hard to believe.

NASA said they'll find proof of Life out there within the next 20 years or so.

We know that they're are probably hundreds of billions of earth like planets out there.

Many scientists believe that there is life out there with almost 100% certainty.

Many of those earthlike planets are hundreds of thousands if not millions, if not billiions of years older than earth.

It's entirely possible and plausible and I think probable, that there are millions of planets out there with life more advanced than us humans.

It's just common sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Because the idea that WE are not the dominant species in the universe does not fit in to the paradigm of some. It does not bode well with people in power that seek control using religion. Because the entire universe and it's inhabitants are bound to the laws of our current understanding of science by thier standard.

"If we cant get there they cant get here" logical fallacy is even prominent among some intelligent people who simply can not get over themselves. You can attribute other factors to this format of ignorance.

Religion being one however the irony is religions gospels are based on off world beings being interpreted as "holy beings"

And if you are a scientist the topic of UFO's and Alien abduction is taboo , scoffed at and written off as mass hysteria.

But the abundance of data contradicts the naysayers by light years. If you can live with the fact that ET's simply do not want to chit chat with us and rather observe us from a distance then it all makes sense. And it is easy to live with actually if you are open minded and informed

edit on 18-4-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Human arrogance .. theyre silly enough to think theyre the only intelligent lifeform in the universe while at same time worshipping a figment of the imagination from a book of fairytales ..

Human arrogance... They're silly enough to think they're some how special from all the other life forms on earth and in the universe that they need aliens to have interest in them, or actually helped in making them so damn special....hehe

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The Grinch intended to steal all the toys from the Whos.

But that does not mean it is any more real.

Dr Suess was a person that wrote children stories just like his ancestors during the dark ages with the Bible.

The funny thing is there is no proof God exists as opposed to the propf of off world beings visiting ancient man. Yet we do not worship ET like our ancestors did today rather follow a doctorine written loosely in the dark ages.

Humans are silly like that

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Expat888
Human arrogance .. theyre silly enough to think theyre the only intelligent lifeform in the universe while at same time worshipping a figment of the imagination from a book of fairytales ..

Human arrogance... They're silly enough to think they're some how special from all the other life forms on earth and in the universe that they need aliens to have interest in them, or actually helped in making them so damn special....hehe

I certainly do not worship ET or even know anyone that does. And most people accept the existence of our non human counterparts in the Cosmos that I communicate with.

Nor do we submit our will and lives and build temples.

Well you have the Raliens and Scientology nutters sure , but that is all based on fiction and L Ron Hubbard scheming money. A far stretch from UFO researchers.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Exactly
For some its better to live in denial. They sleep better at night and they don't have to fear the Unknown

Even though when they do fall asleep,unbeknownst to them, they are being inspected and tampered with

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
And most people accept the existence of our non human counterparts in the Cosmos that I communicate with.

Really?

I didn't say anything about worshiping, I said we silly humans need to feel special. So you talk to them directly, I guess the debate is over...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It

Many of those earthlike planets are hundreds of thousands if not millions, if not billiions of years older than earth.

That's the problem TIME & DISTANCE, I have no doubt life is out there somewhere, but as said before is it close enough and in the correct time period to visit us THAT is the problem.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: amazing
It

That's the problem TIME & DISTANCE, I have no doubt life is out there somewhere, but as said before is it close enough and in the correct time period to visit us THAT is the problem.

We can look through a telescope and see planets and stars. it only takes us to set up and focus. that's about as fast as it takes them to point their guidance beam, and be here. We can not know others Technology and Mathematics. we are mere children with less than 100 years in the Air, and 40 years in space.

Our theories on time and space are Irrelevant
edit on 20-4-2015 by SPECULUM because: more cowbell

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join