It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so difficult to Believe in Aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If you really want to consider every known species of animal currently living and fossil on this planet, this should give you the clearest proof that aliens exist, and that for a fact, life exists everywhere else within our galaxy and elsewhere in the Universe.

Alien life exists on every level and in every size, from the far infrared spectrum to gigantic. You are only unfamiliar.
We really wouldn't be too much different than most Aliens in our carbon based make up, other than some difference in appearance, just as Jelly fish and Lobsters are different in appearance to us and each other.

Different Aliens have different ways of traveling to and from our planet and other places, Some travel to us using the rays of the Sun and travel at the speed of light, just as dust particles travel in sunbeams we see in our homes, while others travel by dimensional craft, where they appear and disappear in a blink.

Just because they don't directly come and interact with us, doesn't mean that they don't exist. It just means they have an other agenda that doesn't require permission or acceptance from us, just as we never ask permission of places, people or things we trespass or Violate...Lol

They do let us see them from time to time though, if the didn't want us to, they would just stay cloaked, and i'm pretty sure historically they really helped us along the way, even now more than we could ever Fathom?, I could even go as far and even suggest that most of our genetics is Alien.

Over the Years and the Many UFOs ive had the Honor to witness, one thing ive learned. If you have faith and think about them, they will show themselves..It never Fails and always amazes and inspires.

It shouldn't be that difficult to believe. Look yourself closely in the mirror and everything that's around you.. Everything is Alien

edit on 13-4-2015 by SPECULUM because: More Cowbell

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Human arrogance .. theyre silly enough to think theyre the only intelligent lifeform in the universe while at same time worshipping a figment of the imagination from a book of fairytales ..

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

yes it is even some goverments exposing the truth go look on youtube: Medvedev about aliens ( he was a russian president for couple of years a partner of MR Putin ) he exposes the truth about aliens to a news reporter.

I personally think Egypt is the most visit place by extraterrestrials.

I've seen a disk and a star trek type of craft and do believe in UFOS

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
i fall under the category of "I don't believe it but i hope it's true"
Now, when we talk about life outside of this planet you can say it's statistically certain. There is nothing inherently special about our planet/solar system or us as people.
Just a rock in the right conditions is all you need, and space is full of rocks.
What i still do not believe is the aliens that most people talk about.
You said some aliens travel on sun beams, and that is something that someone pulled out of their rectums, or at the least cannot be proven, so why take it as fact?
I also can't take as fact blurry pictures of god knows what.
"I want to believe"has become blind faith, i have said it in many posts like this, ufology has basically become a religion:
I know it in my heart to be true=do your own research.
If people want to make any progress on proving that we are being visited, things like "sun beam travelling aliens moving at the speed of light" need to be dumped in the garbage and never mentioned again.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
What exactly is your defintion of an Alien?

All originates from earth. Does not matter if they ran away at some point in time to go live on another planet, these you call aliens still originate from earth.

So what is an alien exactly? and how are you sure that humans are not the aliens and don't belong on this planet, I mean look at humans stance and fruits towards the physical earth; totally alien if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I have never seen an alien , nor have i ever seen god , but if i was going to bet on which one is likely to turn up my money is on aliens .

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I don't believe in anything here, so it's not that hard for me not to. I'd say more but i won't, I don't want to ruin the dreams of those who do.
edit on 4/13/2015 by awareness10 because: Aliens, always aliens.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
just as dust particles travel in sunbeams we see in our homes,

Do you really believe dust particles travel in sunbeams?

Did you never stop to actually think that it is only when the sun is on them that you can see them?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

If you really want to consider every known species of animal currently living and fossil on this planet, this should give you the clearest proof that aliens exist, and that for a fact, life exists everywhere else within our galaxy and elsewhere in the Universe.

What does this mean? are you saying some life on earth is alien?

Scientist sometimes work with margin of errors, most commonly to say something is the same there must be less than 5% error, depending on what you are doing this must be more precise but in some cases even 10% is acceptable, now imagine an alien scientist come to earth, if he apply this criteria he would have trouble differentiating a rat from a human as we are 90% the same.

Human arrogance, to think they are different to a cow a rat or a plank...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Why is it so difficult to Believe in Aliens? In short, religion for many people.

Im told that somewhere in the bible it says that god made man in his own image. This presents a problem for bible bashers. if god created aliens then they must look like us or else god did not make alien or, aliens just do not exist.

I understand that the powers that be in the church over come this problem by going into a huddle and agreeing to CHANGE THE BIBLE and say that while god made man in his own image, he also made aliens.

Trouble is, a problem still remains. According to our own western way of looking at things, we white western humans are the most superior of all humans because we are technologically advanced over non whites. Remember the times when the church used to describe hunter gather societies as heathens, savages and the like that had to be tamed with christianity?. Well, using the same terms of reference, where does that place us with regard to aliens?? I'll let you figure that one out and that will tell you why people don't believe in aliens.

PS there is also another reason, ridicule via jokes about little green running about. no one likes to be ridiculed about little green men so they believe the ridiculer, just a quirk of people.

cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It's easy to speculate about Aliens, but without any real facts, it is just speculative imagination, Like fairies, shadow people and ghost or God and so on.

Life on other planets is one thing, life traveling between planets is another.

I am open to aliens, but i always stay down to Earth, i am not going to see the proof of Aliens in my life time, so i can only imagine them.

Constant imagination becomes boring after a while, and you just want that one fact that can change imagination in to reality, if that fact doesn't show, you will stop believing.

edit on 13-4-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Human arrogance .. theyre silly enough to think theyre the only intelligent lifeform in the universe while at same time worshipping a figment of the imagination from a book of fairytales ..

Actually. I think you will find that most people who don't believe aliens are visiting earth (like me) definitely DO believe in alien life elsewhere in the universe. Just not coming over here to say hi yet.

Why is it do difficult to believe? Easy to answer. Not a single, utter shred of any reputable proof. In a day and age of 1080p cams on everyone's phone we still have no good footage. Abduction testimonies are almost all shady. And for me...the icing on the cake is this:

Why would aliens who are coming to earth secretly FOR GET TO TURN THE FRIGGIN LIGHTS OFF THEIR SHIPS FOR ALL TO SEE?? They can master interstellar travel but haven't installed light switched on their flashing Xmas lights on their ships.

So please before all of you believers deride is skeptics and say idiotic things like "it's because we are so arrogant to think we are the only life"...just remember that almost all of us do believe in life elsewhere .

I studied physics at uni, I ADORE space and anything scientific...i desperately want to see first contact before i die. I'm just not willing g to be swayed by obviously false footage like some of you guys are. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

'Aliens in the universe' VS 'aliens who traverse the universe in almost instant speeds and make contact with measly old us' are two completely different notions.

Something along the lines of the fermi paradox.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Over the Years and the Many UFOs ive had the Honor to witness, one thing ive learned. If you have faith and think about them, they will show themselves..It never Fails and always amazes and inspires.

You made a few assumptions that went a bit far, but you really lost me here. You've turned a very rational assumption into a faith based belief.

As far as I'm concerned, its just pure logic to assume there's other life all over the universe. It's just peoples over inflated ego's that would ever dismiss the idea. But so what? What does that exactly mean to us? We don't even have indisputable proof (well, the public don't anyway) and its doubtful we are in contact with any extraterrestrials, despite what a lot of 'conspiracy theorist's' claim.

Maybe one day we'll find a way to travel to our closest stars, all they'll contact us and make themselves known. But until then, it really doesn't mean much in our everyday lives.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

According to our own western way of looking at things, we white western humans are the most superior of all humans because we are technologically advanced over non whites.

Whites got their technology from the serpent race (human clones from the previous era who found another planet to stay on) in exchange for earths resources and mayhem.

The non whites did this to become as GOD (or even better than GOD as some dare say in these times) (so they sewed fig leaves together to make themselves loincloth)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I studied physics at uni, I ADORE space and anything scientific...i desperately want to see first contact before i die. I'm just not willing to be swayed by obviously false footage like some of you guys are. Sorry.

What obvious proof does it take for you to be swayed the other way compared to what some people may believe here?

I personally and deeply believe that some footage "may" be true, but with the amount of dedicated shills and seriously brainwashed people that care not to take the time to dig in deeper out there because they "heard or read so on the internet" then advance for humanity and the rest of the inhabitants of our rather large universe is doomed...

Some close minded humans seem to think that we are the only ones out there on our MEGA tiny little ball of earth in the middle or where-ever we are situated somewhere in the cosmos...

Think again... more deeply I say...

Nibs

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

How do you connect living animals and fossils to aliens? I have my own fossil collection, but never did any of them prove alien existance!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nibbles

I studied physics at uni, I ADORE space and anything scientific...i desperately want to see first contact before i die. I'm just not willing to be swayed by obviously false footage like some of you guys are. Sorry.

What obvious proof does it take for you to be swayed the other way compared to what some people may believe here?

I personally and deeply believe that some footage "may" be true, but with the amount of dedicated shills and seriously brainwashed people that care not to take the time to dig in deeper out there because they "heard or read so on the internet" then advance for humanity and the rest of the inhabitants of our rather large universe is doomed...

Some close minded humans seem to think that we are the only ones out there on our MEGA tiny little ball of earth in the middle or where-ever we are situated somewhere in the cosmos...

Think again... more deeply I say...

Nibs

Sorry, but im not going to reply to your insulting post in any meaningful manner. Shill? Brainwashed? Think more deeply?

Seriously?

I could also call you names and tell you what i think of people who believe blurry, juddery footage is proof enough of alien visits.

Its not about thinking deeply. How deeply one thinks about it is neither here nor there. And by the way, im an astronomer. Im out with my scope most clear night that i can. i have spent thousands of nights alone, looking up. There are no alien craft up there....i have no idea what you guys think you are seeing.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNKNOWNPURPLE

yes it is even some goverments exposing the truth go look on youtube: Medvedev about aliens ( he was a russian president for couple of years a partner of MR Putin ) he exposes the truth about aliens to a news reporter.

I personally think Egypt is the most visit place by extraterrestrials.

I've seen a disk and a star trek type of craft and do believe in UFOS

People amaze me you do realize he was joking with the press guy. He talks about Santa clause than was asked about aliens and he tells them to go see men in black for further details. I guess you don't know sarcasm when you see it. Here it what he said
Another of the journalists asked whether the president is handed secret files on aliens when receiving the briefcase needed to activate Russia's nuclear arsenal.

"Along with the briefcase with nuclear codes, the president of the country is given a special 'top secret' folder. This folder in its entirety contains information about aliens who visited our planet," Mr Medvedev answered playfully.

"Along with this, you are given a report of the absolutely secret special service that exercises control over aliens on the territory of our country ... More detailed information on this topic you can get from a well-known movie called 'Men In Black' ... I will not tell you how many of them are among us because it may cause panic,"

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
As a religious person, I have no problem in believing in intelligent aliens. In fact my religion requires to believe that they exist. For every human born, an intelligent alien is born simultaneously in a parallel universe. They're different in appearance though. We also cannot see them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join