It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so difficult to Believe in Aliens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: vataOsadhi

It is unlikely to be anything related to clones or cloning, as most major religious scriptures (Abrahamic faiths) are based around the concept of creation. Creating the entire universe and all that is in it.

Now tell me how a clone, of another biological entity, even remotely similar to a human being, could possibly have created all life in the universe, and the universe itself?
edit on 13-4-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Believing in aliens is no crazier than Christians believing in a guy that walked on water, or Muslims believing that a guy ascended to heaven on a winged horse, or Scientologists believing that the earth is a prison planet three trillion years old, etc.

But that is where you are wrong, it is not crazy to believe in such things, otherwise we would have all the answers to everything and would have solved all of the universes' problems.

But we have not done that...

Was it crazy when two guys believed they would fly using a plane? Is it crazy when we believed we could harness the power of the atom? We can believe in things that are beyond our comprehension, because it leads to the pursuit of knowledge and the answers to questions.

Many times in history people thought some 'beliefs' were too crazy or too outlandish, many of them are now long gone, and were proven wrong.

I believe the world is round.. when those words were uttered long long ago people like you shouted 'you are crazy'

Difference is all the things you stated can be proven and tested. They are real world applications.

They are only real world applications because it has become things that we can comprehend, seeing as back a few hundred years we had the same philosophy, science existed and so we proved things to be true, but if we took some of the science we have established back then they would laugh in your face, much like you are doing now in the face of alien life existing and a God existing.

You seem to think that science provides a repository of all information that could possibly exist. No, it just a means to address questions that are based on our current knowledge. You cannot prove that god doest exist, you cannot prove that aliens do not exist.

Because science, today, cannot even get you past our solar system. and it cant even solve cancer, or cure the common cold. Because our science is limited by the questions we ask , the means we have to find the answers, and our capacity for knowledge.

So who is the arrogant and who is the ignorant? You have already placed a limit on your mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

you answered my answer with my answer..lol

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Believing in aliens is no crazier than Christians believing in a guy that walked on water, or Muslims believing that a guy ascended to heaven on a winged horse, or Scientologists believing that the earth is a prison planet three trillion years old, etc.

But that is where you are wrong, it is not crazy to believe in such things, otherwise we would have all the answers to everything and would have solved all of the universes' mysteries.

Was it crazy when two guys believed they would fly using a plane? Is it crazy when we believed we could harness the power of the atom? We can believe in things that are beyond our comprehension, because it leads to the pursuit of knowledge and the answers to questions.

Many times in history people thought some 'beliefs' were too crazy or too outlandish, many of them are now long gone, and were proven wrong.

I believe the world is round.. when those words were uttered long long ago people like you shouted 'you are crazy'

Thanks. You reiterated my point. I use the term 'no crazier' which = you saying 'not crazier'. In other words, I'm equating belief in aliens along the lines of religious belief. One belief is no more 'unbelievable' than the other. So since you are saying I'm wrong, therefore you're wrong too.
edit on 13-4-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Human arrogance .. theyre silly enough to think theyre the only intelligent lifeform in the universe while at same time worshipping a figment of the imagination from a book of fairytales ..

Yes, we humans often think we are right. When in fact we are not. Is that the case here? Maybe...

It's the Human Condition...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

But that is where you are wrong, it is not crazy to believe in such things, otherwise we would have all the answers to everything and would have solved all of the universes' mysteries.

Thanks. You reiterated my point. I use the term 'no crazier' which = you saying 'not crazier'. In other words, I'm equating belief in aliens along the lines of religious belief. One belief is no more 'unbelievable' than the other. So since you are saying I'm wrong, therefore you're wrong too.

So you missed the point of my post..

By saying no crazier, you are basically saying both the belief in God and Alien life are as crazy as each other. Which in turn means that both ideas are crazy.

And then my post drew on previous 'crazy beliefs' in human history proved to be not so crazy at all, as they were simply the pursuit of knowledge that wasn't easily comprehensible at the time.

I also alluded to a few examples such as:

Believing the earth was round, when others strongly believed that this idea was crazy

Believing that you could fly using a machine, when the plane was first invented, the inventors believed they would fly, but others believed their belief was crazy.

Again at the time, others could not fully comprehend the science behind it and so thought it was crazy.

I'm sure I am missing many great examples here, this is jjust of the top of my head.

So you are saying the beliefs are crazy, I am saying not at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

By saying no crazier, you are basically saying both the belief in God and Alien life are as crazy as each other. Which in turn means that both ideas are crazy.

And then my post drew on previous 'crazy beliefs' in human history proved to be not so crazy at all, as they were simply the pursuit of knowledge that wasn't easily comprehensible at the time.

Believing the earth was round, when others strongly believed that this idea was crazy

Believing that you could fly using a machine, when the plane was first invented, the inventors believed they would fly, but others believed their belief was crazy.

Again at the time, others could not fully comprehend the science behind it and so thought it was crazy.

I'm sure I am missing many great examples here, this is jjust of the top of my head.

Since you are alluding to examples such as the earth is round which has been proven it is, please address the examples I point out such as winged horses ascending to heaven and the earth as a prison planet trillions of years old. Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

I think one of the problems people have is that the whole subject of spirits and ghosts and what not dont mix. When the two subjects are places side by side, Aliens are made out to be demons or Angels. That either scares or pisses people off to no end.

90% of people on earth hold a spiritual belief. Thinking that aliens exist would make them either also believe that these beings could have "alien" religion, be the founders of ours, or could be a supernatural evil force that at the moment could mop the floor with us. The last one is what I think most bothers them.

If we could mop the floor with them I think people would be quick to say that the devil made them but God made us, and he made us so much more kick ass because he loves us more.LOL

edit on 4 13 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Two things, IMHO, are the primary reasons, and they are interrelated.

1. Blackball of the subject by the MSM, under the direction of their masters, both via overt means, and otherwise.
2. Cognitive dissonance. It is something most don't want to believe out of fear. The MSM boycott of the subject is a large contributing factor.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5
Two things, IMHO, are the primary reasons, and they are interrelated.

1. Blackball of the subject by the MSM, under the direction of their masters, both via overt means, and otherwise.
2. Cognitive dissonance. It is something most don't want to believe out of fear. The MSM boycott of the subject is a large contributing factor.

By "MSM boycott of the subject" do you mean the current saturation of UFO-related "science" and "history" shows?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Since you are alluding to examples such as the earth is round which has been proven it is, please address the examples I point out such as winged horses ascending to heaven and the earth as a prison planet trillions of years old. Thanks in advance.

The earth was proven to be round, since we got the knowledge and means to prove that it was, and convince everyone else.

My point is that it all started of with a belief, that became proof.

Aliens can exist, and God can exist, but to some, it has not been proven. So it remains a belief, based on faith, and based on what we perceived as evidence off.

Earth as a prison a trillion years old - never heard of this, so cannot comment.

The winged horse ascending to heaven, this is a belief, and it is part of a wider concept that concerns god and his creations. And it could be well beyond our comprehension currently to believe that a winged horse could ascend to the heavens (another dimension maybe??)

But who are you to say that such a a winged horse could not possibly exist or come into creation, or that it could not ascend into the heavens? You cannot prove it can't. The science you got right now is lacking.

You got CERN that is attempting to 'prove things' but the 'theory of everything' is changing every decade. You don't know what is and what is not.

So again, the belief is not crazy, the comprehension you have is limited.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You have CERN that are just discovering things that we didn't know existed, every decade or so, a stunning breakthrough in string theory sends shock waves racing through the theoretical physics community, this is the theory of everything.

Theories that explain what the universe is made of, and how it came about change literally all the time. Maybe in another ten years everything we knew will be proved wrong? and everything we are proving now is only because CERN particle accelerator has a specific power rating, what if we made it stronger??

See? There is no way in hell you can prove God doesn't exist, because you can't prove anything definitely when theories are changing all the time. What this does prove is that our comprehension is clearly limited, greatly, and continues to grow at a snails pace in comparison to God, who MANY believe created everything.

Therefore the concept of God transcends all these theories because it is basically the end result, the final destination. So you if want to go by science go for it, religious people can use both science/logic and faith. Science is attaining knowledge, and getting more answers. You can't prove everything, thus you can't prove God doesn't exist or Alien life doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
It's easy to speculate about Aliens, but without any real facts, it is just speculative imagination, Like fairies, shadow people and ghost or God and so on.

Life on other planets is one thing, life traveling between planets is another.

I am open to aliens, but i always stay down to Earth, i am not going to see the proof of Aliens in my life time, so i can only imagine them.

Constant imagination becomes boring after a while, and you just want that one fact that can change imagination in to reality, if that fact doesn't show, you will stop believing.

Given the size of the universe, it's a statistical probability that life exists out there. However, given the sheer sizes and distances involved, it is a statistical improbability that alien life has visited us.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I believe at one time alien life visited us there's evidence of it all over the world.. Well supposedly I should say..and I believe the bible has a shred of evidence somewhere in it..and I do believe that we found something that gives us a clue..do I think aliens visit us now? Ehh more than likely not...I also think aliens would look similar like us but with different gene mutations for being on another planet..but this is my opinion lots of good ones out there no need to bash each other because we have different views I've Been seeing that a lot here on ats ..

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
a reply to: 3danimator2014

you answered my answer with my answer..lol

Pretty sure i didnt mate, but thats fine. You can believe that if it makes you happy.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: vataOsadhi

Please provide you source for your "all is from Earth " statement. Earth isn't even from Earth!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Why improbable? Based on our known technology? If we compare the technology today against the technology of the 30s....need I say more?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My last post on this matter...

Some of you guys are reading too much into it. Bringing up spirituality, ghosts, blackholes, "what has science ever done for us" etc....

Mine and others positions is very, very simple: No credible evidence or proof = no belief. Its not ANY deeper than that, trust me.

Science as given us EVERYTHING we have today and is 100% responsible for where humans are today technology wise. That is why i trust it 100%. Its self correcting and its only goal is the truth. And its why i refuse to believe that aliens are breaking universal laws like the speed of light and time travel to get here until i see conclusive proof or some evidence at least that isn't a blurry effing dot on a screen. These laws could very well be breakable (who knows). But it hasnt happened yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Some of you guys are reading too much into it. Bringing up spirituality, ghosts, blackholes, "what has science ever done for us" etc....

Mine and others positions is very, very simple: No credible evidence or proof = no belief. Its not ANY deeper than that, trust me.

Science as given us EVERYTHING we have today and is 100% responsible for where humans are today technology wise. That is why i trust it 100%. Its self correcting and its only goal is the truth. And its why i refuse to believe that aliens are breaking universal laws like the speed of light and time travel to get here until i see conclusive proof or some evidence at least that isn't a blurry effing dot on a screen. These laws could very well be breakable (who knows). But it hasnt happened yet.

If science is self correcting, then let us know when science corrects itself to include the existence of God, and Alien life.

To deny this would mean that you have a play in dictating how science corrects itself. It is merely knowledge that we do not currently have.

And if we do not have it, it does not mean it does not exist, and that we might not eventually stumble on to it.

As a scientist your response then should be, yes Aliens could exist, and yes God could exist.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If science is self correcting, then let us know when science corrects itself to include the existence of God, and Alien life.

To deny this would mean that you have a play in dictating how science corrects itself. It is merely knowledge that we do not currently have.

And if we do not have it, it does not mean it does not exist, and that we might not eventually stumble on to it.

As a scientist your response then should be, yes Aliens could exist, and yes God could exist.

What on earth are you talking about? Science hasn't proven the existence of god or aliens yet. How can it self correct that? Do you even think before you post?

Are you seriously denying that science is self correcting? That is the foundation of all science and to deny that tells me all i need to know about your understanding of it.

Plus..i never said neither exist. My position is, as you said, that yes, they could both exist. of course they could. But until i get a shred of proof, i'm not going to believe in them both. Well, i believe there is alien life elsewhere in the universe because i believe that the same chemical and atomic reactions that created us have happened elsewhere. God...nope. Not buying that.
edit on 13-4-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join