It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so difficult to Believe in Aliens?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Silliness

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
a reply to: 3danimator2014
Apparently you have no clue how difficult it is to take good pictures and video. just try taking sharp close up images of the moon sometime with a 300mm lens un-stabilized...Hell stabilized..Lol

its not that easy, ive tried time after time after time.

They always show up at the most inopportune times, even when you have your camera.

But i will get up and close distinguishable photos, all the odds are in my favor..with no manipulated Cg affect either..I assure you

you'll be the first one i'll charge a hefty fee to see

It's NOT that difficult

Then again I have had a few years practice (35)
Good to see someone making claims like you actually willing to try and prove they are right, I have challenged one very vocal ufo believer on here to prove his claims but he comes up with stupid excuses!

So you bought a Canon then what a pity you should have got a Sony A7S with a nice telephoto lens and you could be shooting like this below.

I don't know how much experience you have but at night manual focus/manual exposure is best.

If I had the cash a would by a few of the Sony A7S cameras and give them to some members on here and on youtube then a lot of the BS claims would be sorted once and for all.

Best of luck with your set up post some images when you get them plenty of people like me on here would love to see them with full exif data attached unlike 99.9% of supposed ufo shots.

If you take images of the night sky post them on this thread

Members Astrophotography

Looking forward to your first images.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
I always enjoy your posts and I generally agree with you but I am always left a little depressed. We could one day invent a machine that turns these hypothetical aliens into real aliens. Kind of like the holodeck.

One day we will. And that will mean the end of mankind as we know it.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Well gee, i guess if i had $3000 plus dollars to spend on the Sony a7, i might have better luck..HAHAHAHA

I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO SUFFER MY jUNK 60D

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There wouldn't happen to be some currently in Germany staying people, with good cameras?
Because when you look west from Pfaffenhofen a.d.Ilm you can see something as bright as a streetlight hanging in the night sky. From early on, 19:30, so it is still almost half daylight when this thing shows up, now two nights in a row. I only have my laptop camera i could use and that's... beyond #ty.
And no it is no star, i guess, but maybe someone could clarify that for me too, because i might be stuck on a UFO confirmation bias train.
To make things even funnier, yesterday night a tinnier red light was closing in, distant and far moving, would have been my estimation, from the view with trees in front of my window and it made it from middle treetop to right side of the leaves, so to speak in about fifteen minutes. And no, i didn't move. Also starting from when it was still too much light to see other stars. But i fell asleep before it came closer. Like really couldn't stay awake.

And i just checked ISS is also impossible, because i did watch it for about a hour and it hang there almost stationary, but almost because it also had a tree in viewline and went "under branch" and came back up, not very much but noticeable.

Wouldn't it also be awesome to have an ATS research group (oh wait there is one), a basics-raiser forum or something, where people with shared interests join a group and meet for research, or building equipment or explorations?

edit on 15-4-2015 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I always enjoy your posts and I generally agree with you but I am always left a little depressed. We could one day invent a machine that turns these hypothetical aliens into real aliens. Kind of like the holodeck.

One day we will. And that will mean the end of mankind as we know it.

that sucks

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Well lets see you mentionrd buying a 600 or 800 mm Canon L lens a 600mm f4 is $11000 new

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

If it's in the west it's Venus.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

you mean the very bright one? Yes could be. The faster tinny red one maybe ISS..
So maybe i saw venus and ISS in one frame. Still cool.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The bright one will be Venus the red one is more likely a plane the ISS when it flys over looks like a bright light moving fast across the sky its not red.
edit on 16-4-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

It is simple. There has been an effective social conditioning program ongoing throughout the world since the 1950's in which we are subconsciously taught aliens are a silly idea. SETI would be a part of this program.

I guess it would be stupid of me to ask for any proof of this? Or is this your typical opinion passed of as fact?

I and others have explained why we dont believe in visiting aliens....and yet, the usual suspects come in and point fingers and say "brainwashed". LOL

I would just like to offer an observation as well..every believer has come into this thread and insulted us skeptics in one way or another. Saying we are scared, brainwashed etc....Read through the responses again.

Your defense mechanism to people who are explaining quite clearly the reasons for their skepticism over what is in effect an incredible claim is very telling. And very sad.

In fact, its clear where this discussion is going, that we cant discuss anything without being put down by others, so im bowing out now.

When I say people have been brainwashed and socially conditioned to not believe in aliens, try not to take it personally.

I say it because I was in the same position up until a few years ago. I thought life existed somewhere in the Universe, SETI was legitimate, and that people who believed that aliens were behind UFO's and abductions and crop circles probably had some mental issues.

Then I stumbled across one of Paul Hellyer's video's, a Canadian ex-defense minister. He was talking about visitors from another world. He had major credibility. Then I started to do more research, eschewing the MSM, and learned more about UFO sightings, crop circles, cattle mutilations and abductions. I realized though there were human and natural explanations for some of these, for others there were no human or natural explanations available, and the only explanation possible was some form of non-human intelligence. So I guess I was just using logic, and hoping that others when presented with such cases would use logic as well, I guess I was wrong in that respect.

So what happened to me, going from a brainwashed, socially conditioned sheeple to one aware of the ongoing ET interaction with earth was FACT. However, it is my opinion, given what I now know, that many others on the planet are still in the position I was before I became aware of the truth. If that bothers you........well......that is probably just an ego defense mechanism.

The evidence is there, if you chose to ignore it there is not much else I can say or do.

Paul Hellyer starts speaking about the visitors from earth about 1:25 in:

edit on 16-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: additon

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

It is simple. There has been an effective social conditioning program ongoing throughout the world since the 1950's in which we are subconsciously taught aliens are a silly idea. SETI would be a part of this program.

I guess it would be stupid of me to ask for any proof of this? Or is this your typical opinion passed of as fact?

I and others have explained why we dont believe in visiting aliens....and yet, the usual suspects come in and point fingers and say "brainwashed". LOL

I would just like to offer an observation as well..every believer has come into this thread and insulted us skeptics in one way or another. Saying we are scared, brainwashed etc....Read through the responses again.

Your defense mechanism to people who are explaining quite clearly the reasons for their skepticism over what is in effect an incredible claim is very telling. And very sad.

In fact, its clear where this discussion is going, that we cant discuss anything without being put down by others, so im bowing out now.

The evidence is there, if you chose to ignore it there is not much else I can say or do.

Im sorry my friend but no it isnt. And not only is it not, what is being passed off as evidence is laughable.

My eyes are open. they are also open every night when i walk in the street and almost walk into lampposts looking at the night sky and when im on my roof with my telescope. But my common sense/intelligence filter is still firmly on. Is yours? (im not calling you dumb by the way)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Just because you cant see a thing, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. it just means that you were never made aware or you haven't figured it out yet.

Oh I absolutely agree, but we can't just assume that everything exists without proof.
Can I claim that Latin-speaking cats currently live on Jupiter? Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they don't exist!

It's great to have an imagination, a theory or a proposal, but the evidence to support it is required, saying "you can't prove it's not real" is just not good enough.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Why is it so difficult to Believe in Aliens?

Just out of curiosity, have you followed any thread here... ever?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Just because you cant see a thing, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. it just means that you were never made aware or you haven't figured it out yet.

Oh I absolutely agree, but we can't just assume that everything exists without proof.
Can I claim that Latin-speaking cats currently live on Jupiter? Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they don't exist!

It's great to have an imagination, a theory or a proposal, but the evidence to support it is required, saying "you can't prove it's not real" is just not good enough.

Thank you...this is what i could not understand about Speculums arguments. That 1: he was assuming they exist (i believe they do in the universe, but im not assuming they do) and 2: that they would definitely have superior tech that will enable them to travel the huge distances (again, they might, but they might not..who the hell knows)

Both moot points and irrelevant to this discussion if there is not a shred of evidence here on earth for their visits/existance
edit on 16-4-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

you mean the very bright one? Yes could be. The faster tinny red one maybe ISS..
So maybe i saw venus and ISS in one frame. Still cool.

If the reddish object was small and not that bright, it could be a satellite reflecting at a low sun-angle.

When a satellite is overhead, it usually looks mostly white because there is a relatively direct reflection angle between you, the satellite, and the sun (even at night). However, as the satellite moves away from you, the angle of the sun's reflection changes, sometimes causing the satellite to look dimmer, turn reddish, and then fade away.

edit on 4/16/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

...and 2: that they would definitely have superior tech that will enable them to travel the huge distances (again, they might, but they might not..who the hell knows)

And even if we stipulate (for the sake of this discussion) that some aliens somewhere in the universe have the ability to easily travel huge distances across space, the universe is so freakin' big that those aliens may not have the occasions to come across Earth.

Heck, if those space-faring aliens are not in our galaxy, they may not have had the occasion to even come across the Milky Way Galaxy. Our galaxy may just be one of the hundreds of billions of anonymous-looking galaxies out there in their skies, and they may not have found a reason yet to visit the Milky Way.

So even if we say that somewhere in the universe there must be aliens with "warp drives" and the such (even several alien civilizations like that), that doesn't mean that those aliens are anywhere near us, or even have looked are way to notice that we exist.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
For arguments sake. Lets assume that there is an on planet alien civilization that's older than this planet, that has an invested interest in the development of the Human race and its Species, and they don't want to upset the natural order of things, so as a safeguard, they Police up any wreckage and as much traces of themselves, So they remain an enigma, until no other choice can be made.

In truth i believe that all our current Technology was Alien inspired, and that for every leap in our advancement, they are the reason. and with this help, we will eventually become a member of the Cosmic Community.

We are just not ready. Give it another hundred years, But there has always been overwhelming evidence throughout history that another presence exists. There is hundreds if not thousands of photographic and eye witness testimonies dating back to before the bible, "Currently".

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Using the same Logic, Lets assume these Aliens used similar Science to locate Life Sustaining Planetary Bodies, and through their Calculations and Technology Found this and every other Livable Planet. Then traveled there and Never left.

If we can consider these things, just Imagine a Civilization of Aliens that are Billions of years into their Technology, and what they can Dream up and do?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

that sucks

Eh. We had a good run. Built some impressive buildings and stuff. Were cruel to each other sometimes, but a population of 7 billion or so demonstrates that we can get along. We made it to the moon. Nothing compared to what our artificial intelligence silicon-based offspring will do, of course. But we'll never see that. We'll be dead and the universe will have ceased to exist for us, which is all that matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join