It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Ted Cruz tells Iowa group that gays are waging ‘jihad’ against Christians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Seamrog

Where does it say in the NT that Christ is against same sex marriage?

Pretty much through the entire NT.

Speaking as someone who once studied the NT I have to say that is false. The NT says nothing about same-sex marriage. Hell, it says nothing about gays either.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

How do you define rights though? I'm just wondering what kind of examples you can provide where this is the case.

does it say in the constitution you have a right to be served by THAT business?

They have a right to religious beliefs......I personally am Christian but have no issue with serving gay people...

But their doctrine dictates that they do no participate in what has been stated in the bible as a union between man and woman....

And they have a constitutional right to do so......

Its one thing to just make stuff for people , its another to be MADE to participate in the ceremony against your religious beliefs...

Should gay people be made to make a "god hates gays" cake for a westborrow Baptist church get together?

Turn about is fair play

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The bible says a lot of things about how you are suppose to live your life.

Should gay people be made to make a "god hates gays" cake for a westborrow Baptist church get together?

Was the baker asked to write something special on the cake or just make a cake they would have made for anyone else.

The turn about needs to be the same situation.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As far as I can tell being gay isn't condemned any harder than most other 'sins' in the Bible. So yes it is an ick factor for people not a religious factor.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The first proof of his ignorance is saying the Bible supports monogamy.

Is he referring to Solomon and his 100 wives or Noah or Abraham and their multiple wives?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

God's ways are not our ways - His thoughts are above our thoughts.

You are free to follow Him, and you are also given free will to do whatever.

It's up to you.

Fine, then I can also point out that he doesn't exist and that I don't have to follow the rules laid down by our ignorant ancestors that are contained in the writings of a Bronze and Iron Age people (which don't actually really fit in with the archaeology on the ground).

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr So what are you so concerned about? Un less you don't really believe in what you preach (which I think may be the case). You have absolutely nothing to fear. So why you all so scared? I'm at a loss

Me responding to this thread is just trying to make sense of a phenomenon of a culture. Sure I could let it go and care less, in my current job I wouldn't refuse a customer because it's not according to company policy and I wouldn't be surprised if I ever did I would get laid off.

Be glad people are responding, then there can be a dialogue and people can mutually accept eachother as members of a society. Instead of not participating at all, like for example baking a wedding cake for a gay couple but without the heart for it. You would get serviced, just not like everyone else and it would be difficult to prove so.

I expect my God to be understanding and I truly believe He would feel sorry for homosexuals to have never experienced love between male and female and having children and I'm sure He hopes sooner or later they will, maybe even in the afterlife.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog You don't believe in God or the bible, you just weaponise the bible for your own personal prejudices

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No business owner (and I am one) would enter into a contract without some reasonable understanding of the party involved. If it is obvious that two women, or two men are attempting to have the sacrament of Holy Matrimony conferred upon them, a Roman Catholic is obliges to not participate.

But as a person who caters weddings, you would ask a couple if they had sex before marriage, and did they plan to have kids and what kind of marriage do they plan on having before you agreed to cater it? Seriously? Again, I say that a Roman Catholic apparently can't have a public catering business because it would be too hard to find a couple that would qualify on all counts, or would even be willing to answer such personal questions from a caterer, for God's sake.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

It's up to you.

Fine, then I can also point out that he doesn't exist and that I don't have to follow the rules laid down by our ignorant ancestors that are contained in the writings of a Bronze and Iron Age people (which don't actually really fit in with the archaeology on the ground).

Perhaps the part of 'you are given free will to do whatever' was not clear to you?

Do what you like.

Don't make me condone it, or sanction it, or participate in it, and don't pervert the traditional understanding of marriage.

Leave me out of your perversions.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But as a person who caters weddings, you would ask a couple if they had sex before marriage, and did they plan to have kids and what kind of marriage do they plan on having before you agreed to cater it? Seriously? Again, I say that a Roman Catholic apparently can't have a public catering business because it would be too hard to find a couple that would qualify on all counts, or would even be willing to answer such personal questions from a caterer, for God's sake.

That's why all the argument about cakes is silly - it is dumbed-down and misses the broader point.

A Catholic baker cannot participate in a homosexual 'wedding.'

A Catholic priest cannot officiate / perform / confer the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony on two men or two women.

It is an impossibility, not by the definition of the word, but by the nature of marriage - as has been understood before there were religions, as were defined by God, and practiced by mankind for eons, and as still-is today.

Many serious Catholics are leaving their professions - try and find a practicing Roman Catholic gynecologist. They are few and far between, and the few that remain are coming under real pressure from the AMA.

(Don't let the OP know this though).

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Fine, then don't have a business that has anything to do with weddings and you won't have to deal with it. Your choice.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Seamrog You don't believe in God or the bible, you just weaponise the bible for your own personal prejudices

If you can demonstrate that for me, and not just fling an insult, I'll entertain you.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Exactly - homosexualist tyranny.

OP - be sure to ignore this response.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

Exactly - homosexualist tyranny.

OP - be sure to ignore this response.

For the last time - there is no such word as 'homosexualist'. Please stop using it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog an all loving God, would love gays too. You should love thy neighbour. You shouldn't judge, you shouldn't look at other women, you ignore all those and concentrate on the disliking gays passages. I could go on

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's up to you.

Perhaps the part of 'you are given free will to do whatever' was not clear to you?

Do what you like.

Don't make me condone it, or sanction it, or participate in it, and don't pervert the traditional understanding of marriage.

Leave me out of your perversions.

'Perversions'???? So if my wife and I attend a gay wedding of some of our friends that's wrong is it? If two people decide that they want to celebrate their love for each other it's wrong? Should we stone them or something instead?
Thanks for validating my decision to become an atheist with every fresh post you put up by the way.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

For the last time - there is no such word as 'homosexualist'. Please stop using it.

There used to be no such word as 'selfie' either, but it is a realty now.

Sadly, the homosexualist is now a reality too.

Look at them all over this website - among MANY other places - schools, government, bakeries, florists, universities, insurance companies, the military....on and on and on and on.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Seamrog an all loving God, would love gays too. You should love thy neighbour. You shouldn't judge, you shouldn't look at other women, you ignore all those and concentrate on the disliking gays passages. I could go on

I have said numerous times on this website that homosexual sins are no worse than any other sin that is offensive to God.

God certainly is all loving, and God loves people who suffer from same-sex attraction - they, like me, were made in His image.

What he does not love, is their sin, or my sin.

A loving person points that out, not condone it.

You should go on, as your post here does not demonstrate in any capacity that I don't love God, and that I weaponize His word, or you should apologize.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

There used to be no such word as 'selfie' either, but it is a realty now.

Sadly, the homosexualist is now a reality too.

Look at them all over this website - among MANY other places - schools, government, bakeries, florists, universities, insurance companies, the military....on and on and on and on.

Still not a real word. And your prejudices are showing quite badly at the moment. "Them", eh? Yes, 'they' are all over the place. They are fellow human beings, believe it or not. What would you like them to do, go back into the closet and keep quiet, so as not to be noticed? Or should we obey the bible and stone them?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join