It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Ted Cruz tells Iowa group that gays are waging ‘jihad’ against Christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But yet the gay community can use their sexual preference as a crutch to violate others rights, including their religious rights and youre ok with that.........

there is a certain amount of hypocrisy there from the LGBT community........

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

God's ways are not our ways - His thoughts are above our thoughts.

You are free to follow Him, and you are also given free will to do whatever.

It's up to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

there is a certain amount of hypocrisy there from the LGBT community........

They get all pissy when you point that out to them.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Where does it say in the NT that Christ is against same sex marriage?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

This argument just doesn't work for me. First, marriage pre-dates religion, so it's not a religious word. Second, atheists currently get married and no one says anything about that - why? Third, you just can't stop people from saying they are married, no matter what the certificate says - so why try? And fourth, this is just an obvious attempt to tell the gays that they aren't good enough to qualify for the word married.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

But yet the gay community can use their sexual preference as a crutch to violate others rights, including their religious rights and youre ok with that.........

How do you define rights though? I'm just wondering what kind of examples you can provide where this is the case.

Does your right to your religion, supersede my right to be served by a business?

No I'm not OK with it, anybody whose read my posts over the last 8 years know that I may be pro LGBT rights, but I'm anti LGBT community in a lot of ways because of how damn separatist they go about it. I hate defining anybody by the sexual orientation, especially when they do it to themselves, its' nonsense.

Using your sexuality as a crutch, is not any better than using your religion for the same thing.

I agree, there is a ton of hypocrisy.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, no its not.

its an attempt to expose hate from christian right for what it is.

Promise I support lgbt rights far more than most people.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I just want to say thank you for a quality discussion, and for taking my words in the spirit intended, without assigning false motives and twisted meanings. I've avoided these threads for the most part, because I always feel like the outlier -- on both sides! I'm never sure how to say what I want to say. This is great. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So you're saying that if a pizza restaurant is asked to cater a wedding, and the owner is a devout Christian, he/she has to interview the couple to find out all these things before they decide to cater it? LOL - I think a Roman Catholic should just stick to working in a church, because they won't have ANY business if they have to be that picky with the general public.

Any non-Roman Catholic Christians willing to answer my questions?

link   

Picking and choosing from deuteronomy.

wow, god must be impressed that you have the divine knowledge as to which parts of the bible are valid!

link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I just want to say thank you for a quality discussion, and for taking my words in the spirit intended, without assigning false motives and twisted meanings. I've avoided these threads for the most part, because I always feel like the outlier -- on both sides! I'm never sure how to say what I want to say. This is great. Thank you!

A discussion is supposed to be just that, a discussion, not a yelling match. Nobody ever changed anybody's mind by calling them names and being a condescending assbutt.

THANK YOU for not taking that route as well Sir. It's refreshing.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite
Rush says alot of things, like that his audited accuracy rate with is bs.

From what I read you just have to take his word that those 10-15 people do it.
Taking his word as fact is not something anyone should do.
Not just him too, it is a good rule of thumb to fact check things your self.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

No, no its not.

its an attempt to expose hate from christian right for what it is.

Promise I support lgbt rights far more than most people.

I'm not referring to you personally. I am referring to the Christian right who would LOVE to be able to win the marriage word battle to throw it in gays' faces that they aren't good enough to qualify for the word marriage.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

So it's not too far a stretch to quote murder as being one of the things that could become protected under Religious Freedom laws.

Ok, it's not a stretch for you but it is and always will be to me. Murder will always be against the law, except in law/police enforcement and the military.

It's not the hypocrisy that's the issue, it's the legality that's the problem. Laws such as these, create the environment where discrimination can and will occur.

But that is to be expected in a society with so many freedoms and choices. It was bound to happen.

I want doctors to provide access to treatment and services, and not deny them based on BS moral authority grounds.

Again it's not the same. A doctor has taken oaths which a bakery doesn't need to do.

Also, I'm a tax payer. Every business receives benefits from the government, those directly translate into the spending of my tax dollars for those programs. You receive any kind of government benefit, you have the complete and utter obligation to serve any and all tax payers.

You'll just have to be patient, who knows maybe one day people can go to a government website and choose what they want to support with their tax dollars.

By the way I tried to establish my own business once (but failed). I didn't get any government benefits. Might be the case in the US but not in my country. Somehow I doubt every business gets benefits from the government. But point taken, you should get to pay less taxes because of all the people who don't want to change. Problem is, why wouldn't I get to pay less taxes since I don't want to support Islam, or any other religion? It could work with today's technology but such an overhaul would take a lot of time for it to be fair to everyone.

What if only one such business exists within a reasonable distance?

Then you better be nice to that business owner since he/she is the only one who pulled it all off. It's thanks to that person you can do business, better learn how to respect that even if it is acted. Otherwise, move out to a different/larger town, you're free to do so. Don't like it well I didn't create it, it's just tough luck, can't get it all better to lower your expectations.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

:O

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Where does it say in the NT that Christ is against same sex marriage?

Pretty much through the entire NT.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

(and I rarely use the mod tags but I want zero confusion in that my saying the following as a personal observation)

I think what it all comes down to is personal standards and community standards. To say that Indianapolis, Indiana is more permissive than Walkerton, Indiana is an understatement. 853,000 to 2300 is the population comparison and Indiana has a boatload of small towns with a population less than 1000. Same as Idaho. Same as iowa. Same as most of the Midwest. I would wager we could take a road trip through these small towns and not see a very diverse population. In fact most of these towns will be 100% white. Most will have a church and only half will have bar or even a gas station or post office.

Since I moved last summer, I now live in a county that has exactly one city as defined by population, ten incorporated towns/villages, four unincorporated towns, five school districts and this county still has a dirt road as well as five of the seven covered bridge still in use. In fact I had forgotten about one of the towns while doing a head count because it is so small.

What I am getting at is just because a way of thinking isn't as progressive as New York City or LA, doesn't mean that the way of thinking will conform to a local community standard. Keep in mind that the first interracial kiss on TV in America was on Star Trek and that was explained as being controlled by an alien. And that part wasn't aired in all of America. It was left up to the local affiliates to decide if their area could handle it. That was 1968. Today in those small towns I mentioned, interracial couples are not highly regarded. Most are polite enough not to say anything but community standards do not approve of the relationship. And that is a big change compared to 30 years ago when people would say something.

It will be a long time before gay marriage is accepted in such places. A forced acceptance is only going to meet strong resistance. Give it time is all I am saying.

As for Cruz, dumb comment. But Obama made a similar one when he said that he was glad to be out of the Midwest because those people cling to their guns and bibles when they are scared. Indicating that they were scared of a black man running for president.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So it won't be hard for you to quote the scriptures I guess then?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So you're saying that if a pizza restaurant is asked to cater a wedding, and the owner is a devout Christian, he/she has to interview the couple to find out all these things before they decide to cater it? LOL - I think a Roman Catholic should just stick to working in a church, because they won't have ANY business if they have to be that picky with the general public.

Any non-Roman Catholic Christians willing to answer my questions?

No business owner (and I am one) would enter into a contract without some reasonable understanding of the party involved. If it is obvious that two women, or two men are attempting to have the sacrament of Holy Matrimony conferred upon them, a Roman Catholic is obliges to not participate.

Similarly, if two men or two women are engaging in any sort of 'union ceremony' designed to commemorate, or celebrate, or bless any union between them, a Roman Catholic should not participate.

It leads to some of the scandal we have now.

That anyone would want to force another person to indulge them is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What's with all the insecurity. Surely if your religion is the right one, your God does not need to fear a "gay agenda". Your God is all powerful and all loving. Surely if you are secure in your own sexuality you have nothing to fear from gayness. So what's the problem? Any war on Christianity will be defeated by your all powerful god. So what are you so concerned about? Un less you don't really believe in what you preach (which I think may be the case). You have absolutely nothing to fear. So why you all so scared? I'm at a loss

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join